Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

fadedsteve wrote:

The game is great!! once you get a feel for the maps, and figure out where to go, the game instantly improves!!

Its good to follow guys who know what they are doing and learn from there. . . .

The maps are some of the best I have ever seen in ANY game I have played!! The sounds are awesome, gfx are incredible (source engine is awesome), there are some bugs, but overall a fantastic mod!! I cant believe this game is free for how good quality it is!!

The only gripe I have really is the insurgent voice overs. . . . .cmon guys insurgents dont speak english lol!! But its cool when you throw a grenade and you say "allah akbar!"
I'm pretty sure there's a way to change the insurgent voices to arabic or something, but I can't remember the exact technique.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

It took a bit, and my K/D still is not even close to 1:1, but I'm enjoying the game a lot more now.

A few tips:

- Stick together, damnit. You CAN NOT take points with less than 3-5 people
- Take Points, damnit. For the love of god, marines, do you damn job and capture points!
- Use VOIP. Generally, voip works better in HL2 than BF2 -- use it! Also, find a server with TeamChat, not AllChat
- Pause at corners and peak.
- Hold points and wait for reinforcements to bolster your moving unit.
- Run n' Gun == death. As a marine, all you're doing is wasting spawns, stop it damn you.
- Cover with smoke. It really helps, as it turns out, to cover an advance.
- Find Cover. Always. In BF2 you can bounce around after taking fire and make it -- that won't work here. No cover == dead soldier.

Also, if you're really eating it, make a local and start exploring the maps. I know 3 of them so far and they are much more fun now that I know the encounter points.
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6566|UK
can someone post UK/Euro server ips cause none show up for me

Last edited by Ninja_Monkey (2007-07-04 14:29:37)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver

chuyskywalker wrote:

It took a bit, and my K/D still is not even close to 1:1, but I'm enjoying the game a lot more now.

A few tips:

- Stick together, damnit. You CAN NOT take points with less than 3-5 people
- Take Points, damnit. For the love of god, marines, do you damn job and capture points!
- Use VOIP. Generally, voip works better in HL2 than BF2 -- use it! Also, find a server with TeamChat, not AllChat
- Pause at corners and peak.
- Hold points and wait for reinforcements to bolster your moving unit.
- Run n' Gun == death. As a marine, all you're doing is wasting spawns, stop it damn you.
- Cover with smoke. It really helps, as it turns out, to cover an advance.
- Find Cover. Always. In BF2 you can bounce around after taking fire and make it -- that won't work here. No cover == dead soldier.

Also, if you're really eating it, make a local and start exploring the maps. I know 3 of them so far and they are much more fun now that I know the encounter points.
OFT, if the marines dont stick together they will lose every time....
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
M14 Snipers > you. I love the fucking M14.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Commie Killer
+192|6388

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

M14 Snipers > you. I love the fucking M14.
M21.

And whats up with this mod, Im laggin like you wouldnt believe. I can play HL2 maxed out everything, no lag at all, never have any, then I get in here, or in Zombie Master and Im getting like 5 FPS half the time playing all lows.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2007-07-04 17:20:45)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

The mod is super-buggy at this point -- really beta 1 is not an inaccurately title.
Commie Killer
+192|6388

chuyskywalker wrote:

The mod is super-buggy at this point -- really beta 1 is not an inaccurately title.
Oh so later on I should expect the game to run with a much better FPS on my system? Par with HL2 or so?
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

I'm downloading it now
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6487|UK

chuyskywalker wrote:

it is indeed, super buggy!  Very difficult game to play and be any good at imo
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Mong0ose wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

What kind of bugs make it disruptive?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

jsnipy wrote:

Mong0ose wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

What kind of bugs make it disruptive?
Server crash bug. If someone crouch or walk above a prone person, server crashes.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver
There are bugs, but the game is indeed playable. WHoever said you cant be good at it just plain sucks.  Despite the beta issues if you know what you're doing you will play well.

BTW, i get like 50fps indoors and 30ish outdoors, and i have a SICK DX9 rig.  The fps issues are known by the INS dev team, they were caused by last minute changes to teh code before release.  They should be resolved in the next patch which is in teh works now.

Last edited by <SS>SonderKommando (2007-07-04 19:00:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard