Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida

theit57 wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Gran Turismo 4. It will certainly keep you occupied with it's length. Consists of events with circuit courses across the globe, dirt/snow rallies, rain course driving missions, some made up courses and whatnot. You've got probably over 1,000 cars in the game from many different countries as well. Endurance races, three of which are 24 hours long...that'll slake your thirst for racing.
apparently grand turismo 3: A-spec rated better, but i want people's testimony before i buy it so i don't waste money
GT:3 Is way better!
Take my word for it. The driving experience is easier and funn'er.
15 more years! 15 more years!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6622|Mhz

GT owns all racing games evar, GT3 A-Spec was my favourite, but as people have said GT4 had more content.
Killya
+4|6293
Grand Turismo 3 is the best, nothing else is close.  F1 2002 is not well known but if you want to race F1 cars only it is great, you can probably can get that real cheap.  Get a steering wheel with a paddle shifter, its harder than a joystick at first to play with, but you won't go back to using a joystick if you try that.
Ratzinger
+43|6394|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

sexecuti0ner wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

If you like fun arcade style racing game I totally suggest any of the "Burn Out" series. Also a fun racing game where you can custom your own car in many ways (pain,body,wheel/rims,lights,windows and much more) would have to be "Need for Speed Most Wanted or Need for Speed Carbon".
Personally these games are a hell of alot more fun then "Grand Tourismo".

In both "Need for Speed" games I just mentioned you can go exploring and you can get chased by cops, etc..... In GT series you cannot explore. Its a simulation game.
Pretty much what he said.  If you want a game where it's fun to crash your car and use NOS a lot, go for Burnout.  If you want a game that is (somewhat) realistic, check out GT or one of the Colin McRay series games.  I have played both kinds and have liked both a lot.
Not being nasty, but is there really such a thing as realism in a console game, especially if you don't have a wheel? Turning full lock or not at all, full acceleration or brake or none, how can it even go close?

Colin McRae is as realistic as the arcade game Sega Rally ie not at all.

Don't get me wrong, if you want an arcade racer that's fine, but realism?
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6196|Schofield Barracks
the Burnout series are good
there are like 40 cars to unlock
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6400|6 feet under
ok, so i got GT 4 today, and can't get past the last two one lap races for the B liscense (sad i know). any one got any tips?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard