Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6457|The edge of sanity

Associated Press wrote:

ROSEMOUNT, Minn. - What's red, white and blue — and made in China? A move is on in state legislatures to ensure that the flags folks will be flying and buying this Independence Day were made on this fruited plain.

Minnesota has passed the strongest measure, a new law that goes into effect at year's end requiring every Old Glory sold in state stores to be domestically produced. Violations are a misdemeanor, punishable by up to a $1,000 fine and 90 days in jail.
Finally something that gets the american manufacturing back in line. Personally i think its a good thing that this is comming in effect.

What about you?

Full story

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070704/ap_ … zeJLSs0NUE
golgoj4
+51|6776|North Hollywood
I do too. Even as one you slay I think the unions of this country have abandoned the workforce. Also, WTF American Flags made in China?!?! Something about that I find offensive.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6718
very cool...  Happy 4th to all...  peace...
Love is the answer
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada
personally i think that is good for "your own pride" but its bad for the store owners becuase they have to pay more now. but trust me i know the feeling when you see your own national flag ....with a tag that says "made in China" I was at the supermarket last 2 weeks and guess want i found:
https://img131.imageshack.us/img131/791/image018aa5.jpg
ya sad....but i am smiling because i am too humored ....and also sad.

Last edited by agent146 (2007-07-03 20:23:53)

Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
glad to see its not only the U.S.A. thats being brainwashed to by chinese products
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Now all they need to do is ensure that American cars have American-made components.

Every country has the same problem, (save China.) New Zealand seems to have this thing for Watties Tomato Sauce, they used to have the tag line "You'll always be a Kiwi if you love our Watties sauce."
It was made in Australia.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
iamangry
+59|6647|The United States of America
Hells yeah!!  That's what I'm talking about!  Who gives a crap if that American flag costs an extra 5 bucks, at least it won't make you a supporter of a repressive communist regime, poison you, your children and your animals, and make you lose control of your vehicle and swerve into oncoming traffic.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6769
You should see all the stuffed toy koalas and platapus, flags we have in australia. all made in china.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

iamangry wrote:

Hells yeah!!  That's what I'm talking about!  Who gives a crap if that American flag costs an extra 5 bucks, at least it won't make you a supporter of a repressive communist regime, poison you, your children and your animals, and make you lose control of your vehicle and swerve into oncoming traffic.
w00t w00t
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
I say we make america more of a manufacturing country instead of our consumerism. We are like teh roman empire now
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

As a side note, who else reckons that Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" is the most boring fucking song on the planet? "The Song that Never Ends" has more entertainment value for chrissakes!
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Chinese not amused by American antics, DEPLOY OVERLORD.
PureFodder
+225|6287
Flying the American flag; a symbol of hope and freedom.... No wait a sec, the flag was made in China, off to jail for you son.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557
It's funny how the right wing element 'Liberal-Slayer' are here praising protectionism when as a general rule they are all about 'market liberalisation', 'free trade' and 'globalisation'. Right-wingers FTL. Bottom of the barrel nationalistic populism FTL. Hypocrisyorama.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-07-04 04:28:29)

Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
I do enjoy the irony of American flags being manufactured in Communist China.
PureFodder
+225|6287
So you can legally burn an American flag, but you can get sent to prison for flying an American flag?
To all the right wingers - What happens if you burn an American flag that was made in China? Does that make you a good guy or a bad guy?

Last edited by PureFodder (2007-07-04 04:39:30)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6492|Menlo Park, CA
I agree with Cameron. . . . and I am part of the "right wing element" . . . .

I dont give a fuck where the USA flag is printed!! As long as it has 50 stars and 13 stripes, I am content!!!
Heijken
+1|6431

iamangry wrote:

No instead it will make you a racist, murder over 2000 people/year, start a war with everybody who doesnt agree with you, a christian right wing extremist, talk extremely loud, unable to learn foreign languages, stupid, fat, arrogant, a capitalist and hated by the entire world.
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada

Reciprocity wrote:

I do enjoy the irony of American flags being manufactured in Communist China.
lol i just have to add to that. My mother got me alot of cheap camoflage pants, shirt, vest, patrol caps, bonnie hats for my airsoft addiction from vietnam  and all them have the american flag or "us airforce" or "us army" labeled on them. ......ya irony that communist vietnam after kicking us ass are making US flags and uniform to be sold back to the us companies which in return sell them to american citizens for like 40-100 bucks. my ma got them from the source, vietnam, for only  5-10 bucks a piece.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

Globalization is a terrible thing. Let's go back to the good old days where nothing was imported or exported. Please ...
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
BALTINS
ಠ_ಠ
+37|6488|Latvia

max wrote:

Globalization is a terrible thing. Let's go back to the good old days where nothing was imported or exported. Please ...
When was that? Good old times.. hmm.. 1942?
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6648

CameronPoe wrote:

It's funny how the right wing element 'Liberal-Slayer' are here praising protectionism when as a general rule they are all about 'market liberalisation', 'free trade' and 'globalisation'. Right-wingers FTL. Bottom of the barrel nationalistic populism FTL. Hypocrisyorama.
Minnesota has voted Democrat in like the last four presidential elections. You throw around the phrases "right wing" and "neoconservative" way too much.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Minnesota has voted Democrat in like the last four presidential elections. You throw around the phrases "right wing" and "neoconservative" way too much.
Liberal Slayer - a Republican - is the one lauding the move. The move is something you might expect from a democrat.
V1king
+10|6156|Land of crocs and cane toads

max wrote:

But then I won't be able to own a precision watch or eat your yummy chocolates....
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

BALTINS wrote:

max wrote:

When was that? Good old times.. hmm.. 1942?
I was more thinking 18th century. Wasn't everything much better then? All your food was organic. And low CO2 levels. No horrible chemicals used to cure diseases only herbs and voodoo ...
/sarcasm

V1king wrote:

max wrote:

But then I won't be able to own a precision watch or eat your yummy chocolates....
then I guess globalization is not such a bad thing after all
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard