Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6757|Hell, p.o box 666

Hi folks,

as some of you might know I play guitars for living (aside my regular job) in my band State of the Art.

As we´re planing to record a new EP/CD soon with a well know producer in a swedish studio we´re writing new songs atm like sick. Below you can find some links to songs I´ve written so far.

The guitars and drums are played and recorded by me, and it´s not the best quality. Vocals, Bass guitars, Leads etc. are missing.

Please check those songs and gimme some feedback. I´m open for cirtics.

Here we go...

Click here to listenState-of-the-Art---Shallows-of-a-nightmare

Click here to listen State-of-the-Art---Geballer

Click here to listen State-of-the-Art---wir-woll-n-Reis

Click here to listen State-of-the-Art---zwominutevierzig

Click here to listen State-of-the-Art---soilwork

Click here to listen State-of-the-Art---Arsch3-Schwedentod

Click here to listen State-of-the-Art---Curry-King

copyright by Sl4y3r, State of the Art, Jens Kade

I hope you like what you hear
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6528|Belgium

Well it's not complete yet without the vocals etc but it sounded good!
I'm not a music expert so I'm probably missing things here but it sounded good from a music noob's point of view ^^
Slayer
---hates you

yeah true, vocals are the heart of every song and without them a song sounds completley diffrent. I guess we´ll record some vocals later this week. The ideas above are nothing but the core.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6342|Atlanta, Georgia
Its pretty cool dude. It sounds hardcore where the people scream. Not a big fan of it. But without the screaming i love it. Keep it up.
Slayer
---hates you

so you´ve checked the myspace stuff right? Well this is pretty old, recorded in 05 (eh, yeah think so )... The vocals for the new songs will sound similar, screams/growls and a clean voice for the hooks/chorus mostly. Personally I like the screams alot more, but most people recognize and like our songs because of the clean vocals
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6342|Atlanta, Georgia
so its kinda half growls/screams with a mix of normal vocals. So its kinda like emery but harder. its a pretty cool style.
madmax
+12|6262|perth, w.a.
it's good but not my type of heavy metal
Slayer
---hates you

madmax wrote:

ok, no problem, as long as you dont hate it

I guess when I can write a song that fits everybodies taste I would be a rich man
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6469

Sl4y3r wrote:

madmax wrote:

ok, no problem, as long as you dont hate it

I guess when I can write a song that fits everybodies taste I would be a rich man
What do you mean with would be...?

Anyways, I liked them.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Slayer
---hates you

Why would be? Because Im not rich?!?!? I have to f*cking work for my money (and I cant be arsed to do any further)
=[S3nf]=
Upside Down Space Cockroach
+150|6790|out of orbit
it`s a rough mix ,eh?
Drums need to be way louder

besides that:you know i like the songs and the fact it`s not New Metal but real old school.
Slayer
---hates you

Ja S3nf, only a rough mix. I´ve recorded everything with Logic/Cubase and Im not too good if it comes to mixing/mircophoning. But, you´re right, I forgott to boost the drums with a compressor
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

As you know, I'm familiar with your bands music from before, so I'll give a short track-by-track review. Of course, everything is IMO.

Shallows-of-a-nightmare:
Proggy-metal beginning, I like! A bit of a "Dream Theater meets In Flames in the house of Machine Head". I like the fact that the final riff is a repeat of the first riff; full circle, yet when it's left half-way, it makes me want to listen to the song again.

Geballer:
More "traditional" compared to the previous one, if you may. The melodic/harmonic hook could use a bit more "zing", and the end is too much "full-stop" this time (when the full stop in the previous one was a good one). Even if that's not "the single", it serves its purpose on the record.

wir-woll-n-Reis:
The clean/distorted balance is nice. Needs a hook though..?

zwominutevierzig:
SPEED! TRASH! I LIKE! Hmm, maybe this should be the instrumental interlude?

soilwork:
That's the single right there! Btw Jens, have you deliberately left the tracks without an ending? This one could use an ending like:

Code:

D|00000-00|000-----|00000-00|0---
A|00000-00|000-----|00000-00|05*
D|00000-00|000-----|00000-00|0---
Open strings palm-muted
*= pinched harmonics

..Just a thought..

Arsch3-Schwedentod:
Fuck yes. The track grows to a beast all the way towards the end. The solo-parts/harmonics (the parts when you fiddle around with a Boss Super Shifter?) could be a bit more inventing.. Otherwise, I'll repeat my first sentence: Fuck yes.

Curry-King:
First of all, LMAO at the "working title"!
Nice escalating from the intro, a well defined verse with lots of room for good lyrics. Actually, this might be the single instead? Pick slides work, pinched harmonics work, speed picking works, but will your drummer be able to sustain the double bass for that long without breaking from rhythm?

All in all, I think it's a very good entirety to start working with, and I hope not to see a ballad in there, but full out mayhem. As it's an EP, it doesn't need much of a "calmer phase". When the full length is made, maybe a slower metal track would suffice as the "ballad", but don't get corny.
I need around tree fiddy.
Slayer
---hates you

Wow, Anders that is one very good review. Thank you very very much my friend *thumps up*

About the ending of the songs, yeah, most of them fullstop too harsh. The reason is a failure in my loops. I forgott to add endings

Shallows:

this song is completed by now. I´ve already got the leadguitar part (nearly one minute shredding) at hand. The lyrics and vocals are finished too. Got to record this stuff soon.

Curry King:
ja working title is pretty fitting, because the intro riff is mostly like Slayer´s bloodline (cheap copycat). Guess we have to rewrite the intro, because the other guys of my band dont like it too much

Schwedentod:
ja my sweden death tribute. The chorus is too popish and I have to find something else, but hey, the others also could add their ideas.

Geballer:
well, as our singers told me to write something straight forward, I came up with this. Personally I like the guitarduel in the middle very much. Could be very hard to play live, but hey...

zwo minuten vierzig
title is wrong, because the song is two minutes 55 Also just a trash influenced peace. Think it´s good as it is.

soilwork:
ja needs an better ending. We´ll work out this song this evening. Lets see.

wir woll´n Reis
influenced by Arch Enemy´s "we will rise", hence the german title (insider joke) Written yesterday around 23:00, recorded 23:15 Havent thought about it too much, but you´re right, needs more pepper.
the_B3
BF2s EU 2142 Server Adore
+69|6642|The Netherlands
Geballer should be a guitar-hammond duel .

No, seriously, I love it!! (from a musicians point-of-view that is.. the creation of.. you know what I mean)
About soilwotk; Is the intro ment to be one guitar with delay-effect or two guitars??
LT.Victim
+1,175|6563|British Columbia, Canada
I like the start of "wir-woll-n-Reis"... But man.. it would sound sooo much better with less gain/distortion..
Slayer
---hates you

@B3: the intro is one guitar with a MXR Phaser and a Ibanez Analog Delay.
@Victim: less distortion? Well, I used a Peavey 5150 with a Ibanez TubeScreamer 909 for this E-tuning. The gain is up to 5 or 6 maxxed
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6763

I like!

It's got a very thrash metal feel (even without any lyrics). A few bits and pieces sound a little out of place (like they were from separate songs and you needed a filler riff to add in... i've done that myself too many times heh) but I love the prog sound on the first track.

Quality is a little shady though. Where'd you record it? The drums sound better than an open mic but not as clear as drum mics...
Slayer
---hates you

Those filler riffs are nothing but the vers, vocals will be added soon enough (I hope)

Quality is just shady because I had to convert it to .mov to upload it on putfile... the original ogg./wave sound way better. The drums are recorded in my flat with Logic. I´ve used several mic´s but can tell you I´m not a pro if it comes to microphoning drums. Bassdrum is triggered, so are the toms (but I havent played too much toms here).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard