theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6439|6 feet under
can someone please recomend a good Recing game for the PS2. karma for the best game. thanks in advance.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6523|P-way, NJ
Grand turismo was good. I haven't played ps2 in a year
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6725|United States of America
Gran Turismo 4. It will certainly keep you occupied with it's length. Consists of events with circuit courses across the globe, dirt/snow rallies, rain course driving missions, some made up courses and whatnot. You've got probably over 1,000 cars in the game from many different countries as well. Endurance races, three of which are 24 hours long...that'll slake your thirst for racing.

Another good addition would be part of the Need For Speed series. I've only played NFS: Underground but I thoroughly enjoyed the customization and racing provided by the game. Beaten it on three seperate occaisions to attain multiple unlockables.

Last edited by DesertFox- (2007-07-03 22:10:20)

theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6439|6 feet under

DesertFox- wrote:

Gran Turismo 4. It will certainly keep you occupied with it's length. Consists of events with circuit courses across the globe, dirt/snow rallies, rain course driving missions, some made up courses and whatnot. You've got probably over 1,000 cars in the game from many different countries as well. Endurance races, three of which are 24 hours long...that'll slake your thirst for racing.
apparently grand turismo 3: A-spec rated better, but i want people's testimony before i buy it so i don't waste money
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6523|P-way, NJ
I brought gt4 and it never worked. Neither did I return it to get a new one.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6406|California
I have GT:3 its awesome.
Don't have GT:4 so no opinion on it.
twiistaaa
+87|6709|mexico

theit57 wrote:

apparently grand turismo 3: A-spec rated better, but i want people's testimony before i buy it so i don't waste money
yeah but it hasn't got nearly as much content. gran turismo 4 is basically the same as 3 but with ALOT more shit in it. its definatley the best racing game out at the moment. i just got forza 2 on xbox360 and its still better then that. trust me for ps2 you cant beat gran turismo 4.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6439|6 feet under

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I have GT:3 its awesome.
Don't have GT:4 so no opinion on it.
is GT just racing? or can you go "exploring"?
buckers13
+0|6588|ChCh New Zealand
just racing
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6299|B.C. Canada
If you like fun arcade style racing game I totally suggest any of the "Burn Out" series. Also a fun racing game where you can custom your own car in many ways (pain,body,wheel/rims,lights,windows and much more) would have to be "Need for Speed Most Wanted or Need for Speed Carbon".
Personally these games are a hell of alot more fun then "Grand Tourismo".

In both "Need for Speed" games I just mentioned you can go exploring and you can get chased by cops, etc..... In GT series you cannot explore. Its a simulation game.

Last edited by trex1210 (2007-07-03 22:24:19)

theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6439|6 feet under

trex1210 wrote:

If you like fun arcade style racing game I totally suggest any of the "Burn Out" series. Also a fun racing game where you can custom your own car in many ways (pain,body,wheel/rims,lights,windows and much more) would have to be "Need for Speed Most Wanted or Need for Speed Carbon".

In both "Need for Speed" games I just mentioned you can go exploring and you can get chased by cops, etc..... In GT series you cannot explore. Its a simulation game.
which one's better? Need for speed carbon or most wanted? also is there multiplayer such as 2 controllers on any of the games?
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6272

trex1210 wrote:

Pretty much what he said.  If you want a game where it's fun to crash your car and use NOS a lot, go for Burnout.  If you want a game that is (somewhat) realistic, check out GT or one of the Colin McRay series games.  I have played both kinds and have liked both a lot.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6439|6 feet under

theit57 wrote:

which one's better? Need for speed carbon or most wanted? also is there multiplayer such as 2 controllers on any of the games?
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6299|B.C. Canada
Burn Out is multiplayer but I am not exactly sure about Need for Speed. And out of the two Need for Speed games I prefer Most Wanted only because I have only played Carbon a few times. They are basically the same game though. I think the only difference would be the world you race in. The story line and some of the customisable parts are different. But thats all I know.

Oh and Need for Speed Carbon is the newest one out of the series.

Last edited by trex1210 (2007-07-03 22:40:15)

dirtracer74
+10|6331
World of Outlaws  sprint cars
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6637|Michigan, USA

theit57 wrote:

theit57 wrote:

I own both, be it for Gamecube, however their the same as the Ps2 counterparts.  They do indeed feature head to head racing in all the modes.  I like Carbon more then Most Wanted simply because Carbon is mostly Night, and Wanted is mostly daytime races.  Aside from that, Most Wanted features more standard racing(I.E circuits) and Carbon has more orginal races(Canyon races for instance)  When it comes down to it, their essential the same game, but Carbon just has a bit more in it, and a better storyline(well, what storyline it does have) then Most Wanted.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6578|Long Island, New York
GT4. As said.
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6753|US
- The NFS games you can beat in 24 hours (& no I didnt do them in a day or a weekend), but GT4 I'm still playing around with after 3-5 years, cant remember when it came out.

- NFS games have an arcade style while GT4 has a simulation style. kinda depends what you're into.

- both games you can go head-to-head with a friend, or foe, or some bum you met on the street.

just my input. dont ask me about the burnout series, but if you want to crash cars & raise hell then thats what you want.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6439|6 feet under
i'm thinking about getting all three if they're not too much
CommieChipmunk
+488|6610|Portland, OR, USA
need for speed high stakes? or hot pursuit?

i think it's hot pursuit... but that was the last good need for speed game...
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6439|6 feet under

sexecuti0ner wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

Pretty much what he said.  If you want a game where it's fun to crash your car and use NOS a lot, go for Burnout.  If you want a game that is (somewhat) realistic, check out GT or one of the Colin McRay series games.  I have played both kinds and have liked both a lot.
also do you strictly have to race to go "exploring" or can you just go for a free ride?
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6272

theit57 wrote:

sexecuti0ner wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

also do you strictly have to race to go "exploring" or can you just go for a free ride?
Not quite sure what you mean here.  There really isn't anything to explore in the GT or Burnout series.  There are only the tracks you race on.  You can race on the individual tracks without it counting for anything, but there is no sort of free-roam feature which I think you are thinking of.  I believe the Need for Speed series has cities that you can just drive around in, but I'm not sure as I've only played those briefly while with friends, etc.  Hope this answers your question.  And before you buy all three, try renting one or two of them to see if it's your thing.  It would suck to waste $20 or so on a game you never play.
-|TS|-owNzu7
+6|6460
Midnight Club 2: Dub Edition
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6637|Michigan, USA

-|TS|-owNzu7 wrote:

Midnight Club 2: Dub Edition
Was just about to recoomend that entire series, beat me to it.
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6753|US
ah yes, the MC series is good too. would get MC3:Dub Edition: Remix tho. latest ps2 version out i think.

Edit:
- You can free-roam around 3 cities in MC3 instead of just one in the NFS: Unerground, Underground2, MostWanted, Carbon games, along with the customizations you can do in both with the cars.

- Granted you can customize cars a lot more in NFS:Carbon, but if it's a plus, the races in MC3 are open instead of the "imaginary walls" in NFS:C so you can take a huge amount of shortcuts/paths in MC3 so you dont get bored of it for awhile. along with the option to "design you're own race" in MC3.

- Can race tuners (japanese imports), muscles, luxury (cadillacs, mercedes, etc.), suvs/trucks, exotics(lamborghini, mercedes, etc. no ferraris), sport bikes, and choppers in MC3, while NFS:C has only tuners, a few muscles, and many exotics (porches, lamborghinis, etc. no ferraris). NFS: U & U2 have only tuners, but U2 has 3 suvs (big woop). and MW has tuners & exotics.

'bout all I can think of for now..

Last edited by Tdog2007 (2007-07-04 15:45:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard