Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6422|California, US
which airsoft gun should I get guys I can't make up my mind. I dont have a lot of airsoft spending money so nothin more than $200 and preferably an MPEG.
www.airsplat.com

MPEGS:
http://www.airsplat.com/Categories/ERM.htm
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6443|Stealth City, UK
Go for Gas, every electric that I bought lasted a few months and then fekd up. This was a couple of years back when I was immature and wanted to shoot people, reliability might have changed though.

I know you'll probably only be able to afford a handgun with $200 but its a better 'investment' for shooting people (and don't say you're not going to shoot people )

Edit: had a look at gas prices.....OMG you are so fucking lucky with prices in the US.....definetly go for gas now, you've got no excuse!

Last edited by buLLet_t00th (2007-07-01 14:57:17)

Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6422|California, US

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Go for Gas, every electric that I bought lasted a few months and then fekd up. This was a couple of years back when I was immature and wanted to shoot people, reliability might have changed though.

I know you'll probably only be able to afford a handgun with $200 but its a better 'investment' for shooting people (and don't say you're not going to shoot people )

Edit: had a look at gas prices.....OMG you are so fucking lucky with prices in the US.....definetly go for gas now, you've got no excuse!
Okay, i'll take a look, thanks for the advice.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6443|Stealth City, UK

Monkeyman911 wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Okay, i'll take a look, thanks for the advice.
There are some sweet Takedown police snipers that seem to be pretty good. 500 feet is not too shabby!
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6715|US
There is an issue with getting airsoft gas in the US.  The DoT banned the primary containers, so they can't be shipped.  I don't know when this will be fixed (or if it has already).

If you are looking for MPEGs, I have heard that ECHO 1 and JG are decent brands.  Really, I would look into a Tokyo Mauri or Classic Army after saving a little more money.

AEGs are fine.  They get better performance for the money, plus there are very few cheap gas rifles.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
FarBeyondReality
The odd one out
+24|6161
Get the L96A1, ive got that one myself.

Shoots hard, around 150m/s for a spring powered gun, it hurts to get hit by that, i speak from experience.

Last edited by FarBeyondReality (2007-07-03 16:56:33)

joker8baller
+68|6667
What kind of gun type you want?
Any JG gun is pretty good.

Those crappy KJW M700's won't even reach 250 feet.

Last edited by joker8baller (2007-07-03 16:58:46)

SoC./Omega
+122|6541|Omaha, Nebraska!
Mp40!
agent146
+127|6387|Jesus Land aka Canada

SoC./Omega wrote:

Mp40!
I originally reconsider on getting an mp40 from TOP but decided not to because the airsoft build of it just sucked and was expensive. So i decided to skip the ww2 scene and get an mp5 . Now Now i say AEG are good but they are mainly the smg and rifles and yes i admit they will jam eventually but thats a given. For a starter i say get an gas blow back pistol, get the gas adapter, some silicon lube, some coleman propane and try it out. i say get an Western arms pistol or whatever, read reviews of each pistol/rifle you wish to get. Be prepared to spend lots of money if you want the quality stuff.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Does "Airsoft" include .117 Co2 powered BB pistols?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
agent146

Ty wrote:

Does "Airsoft" include .117 Co2 powered BB pistols?
I, personal do not consider co2 powered bb pistols to be "airsoft" i consider them as "airguns" they shot much harder i think.

Last edited by agent146 (2007-07-03 20:36:29)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Yeah, I was wondering. I'd never shoot my air pistol at a person, those things look like they would fucking hurt.

Edit: Actually I remember back when I was twelve some dumbarse shot me with one of those. It did fucking hurt.

Last edited by Ty (2007-07-03 20:38:42)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6366|California
Get a Ak-47 then you can run around screaming ALLAH ALLAH
agent146

Ty wrote:

Yeah, I was wondering. I'd never shoot my air pistol at a person, those things look like they would fucking hurt.

Edit: Actually I remember back when I was twelve some dumbarse shot me with one of those. It did fucking hurt.
ya because airsoft is MEANT to be shot at other people.  While airguns, such as your co2 pistols, (again my take on it) airguns are use to shot at birds, raccons, rabbits, tin carns  But still airsoft hurts as i have seen a guy not wearing a long selve shirt can hit many time and he looked like he got chicken pox.
Differences that i see: "airguns" are american/western made while "airsoft" is japanese/asian companies. airguns use co2/heavy springs while airsoft uses green gas (propane) and electric motors, springs.
Airsoft can take co2 also but its too "strong" and the gas would ruin the gun unless upgraded with metal parts.
joker8baller
+68|6667

agent146 wrote:

SoC./Omega wrote:

Mp40!
I originally reconsider on getting an mp40 from TOP but decided not to because the airsoft build of it just sucked and was expensive. So i decided to skip the ww2 scene and get an mp5 . Now Now i say AEG are good but they are mainly the smg and rifles and yes i admit they will jam eventually but thats a given. For a starter i say get an gas blow back pistol, get the gas adapter, some silicon lube, some coleman propane and try it out. i say get an Western arms pistol or whatever, read reviews of each pistol/rifle you wish to get. Be prepared to spend lots of money if you want the quality stuff.
There's a cheap MPEG MP40 that's very decent.

Don't get a Western Arms pistol and use green gas/propane, you'll end up with a dead pistol. Get a TM 1911...
Brasso
+1,549|6631

Meh....I don't like Airsplat...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
trippy982
+34|6398
What about Tokyo Marui?  Are they worth the price?  Is it just for show only or do people actually use them?
agent146

trippy982 wrote:

What about Tokyo Marui?  Are they worth the price?  Is it just for show only or do people actually use them?
TM is the "standard" i think. do people actually "use them" ? for what? what you applying at? well airsoft is about shoot people with plastic/metal rifles
Brasso
+1,549|6631

trippy982 wrote:

TM and Classic Army are viewed as the top of the line guns.  For the real airsoft enthusiast.  They're worth the money, but only if you're going into real airsoft.  For backyard airsoft and shooting friends, forget it.  You can get some cheap spring or gas guns like I do.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6422|California, US

haffeysucks wrote:

Meh....I don't like Airsplat...
Well, yeah, what they do is get as many guns as possible from other sites and decrease their quality then lower the $ for it.
It's a bad idea, but I still like their guns anyway.
And everybody thank you for your recommendations!
As for the SVD and L96, I would love to get 'em but I already have a sniper rifle (Tact 9, it's under Spring Sniper Rifles on airsplat) Those guns werent on the site when I got it....
I think I'm gonna get this AK:
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-XL-AK47-0512.htm
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6422|California, US

trippy982 wrote:

I think there worth the price but I just don't have the money for the cool ones.
agent146
sorry i have to show off; i don't know how many times i posted this picture of me and my ICS mp5. but to help you, Monkeyman911 , to get into the hype on getting your airsoft rifle i will post it. https://img476.imageshack.us/img476/2963/rscn0182me1.jpg Ya YA now all i need is a red dot and a vest.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6701|MoVal So-Cal
I have to 1up agent 146 now . My gun (G36c) is made by echo1/JG and only cost $120 USD after shipping from airsoftgi.com . I actually prefer this gun over my G&G UMG (ump)

https://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/pernicious544/l_e5dad11863354c1c0b8142cb41fb2d3a.jpg

Last edited by Pernicious544 (2007-07-03 21:23:03)

Doc*BK*
+1|6711|sacramento, ca
Im balls deep into airsoft now and if your gona buy a 200 airsoft gun get a JG by far. I dont own one but have seen and played with many. Thats the best gun you can get without paying for a $300 TM or CA. I'll be getting their G-36 soon. If your thinking about getting into airsoft there are a lot a places in CA to play and its very easy to find an event. I dont know what area you are in but everywhere in CA games are going on.

If you want to get a gun try www.airsoftgi.com
or google airsoft extreme to see if one is in your area. Try looking at the difference in person before you spend money on a chinese made clone of a good japanese gun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard