loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6586|Columbus, OH
I dunno. My stats from last night are not updating. I earned one gold medal which is rare for me
mafropetee
+18|6151|Altamonte Springs, FL

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

Evolution1 wrote:

I asked for a beautifull big tittied naked woman to fall out of the sky 3 days ago and it hasnt happend yet.. i should call them
That's funny, i asked for the same thing, but i only got a not so beautiful big tittied naked man to fall out of the sky.
I emailed EA about the problem and they said that he would be fixed in the new 1.5 patch.
really? i thought they werent coming out with any more patches. well, just to avoid being bitched at my feminists, may as well include a big penised naked man falling from the sky too. otherwise, they would be called sexist. cant have that in america.
ToughGuy#3
+2|6166

Evolution1 wrote:

I asked for a beautifull big tittied naked woman to fall out of the sky 3 days ago and it hasnt happend yet.. i should call them
Actually, I was wondering where this BBTN woman came from. EA must have messed up and sent her to me instead. Well . . . I guess you can have her back if you really want her.
Solid Lore
+0|6162
Hey I didn't get that ribbon either, but I thought I'd just wait and asume everything will fix itself lol now I must send ze email too
topthrill05
+125|6586|Rochester NY USA
So this is why EA can't make a good patch. They are to busy handing out ribbons.
mafropetee

topthrill05 wrote:

So this is why EA can't make a good patch. They are to busy handing out ribbons.
actually a more logical reason is they are too busy with 2142, which sucks anyway IMHO.

but your idea is good too
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6730|Oregon
they have proved to us that they are not letting bf2 go by the wayside...the new map is proof (yeah it sucks balls, but its new...) i think there will be a 1.5 patch sometime around the 1.4 patch launch for 2142...just a guess/wishful thinking...EA does have a tendency to ruin everything they get their hands on (i.e. DICE).
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6631|EU

Im impressed

Shall I call them as well ?
nonexistentusmc
+26|6453|Queens, NYC
LOL this reminds me of my JROTC days. Free ribbons for everyone! You don't have it? 5 dollar donation to the instructor will get you any ribbon you want! So funny!
amak1131
+4|6170
great, now if only they could fix it so you earn the ribbon WITHOUT e-mailing EA. that would be a god send.
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6543
Im Going To Do This Thank You So Much.
mafropetee

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober wrote:

they have proved to us that they are not letting bf2 go by the wayside...the new map is proof (yeah it sucks balls, but its new...) i think there will be a 1.5 patch sometime around the 1.4 patch launch for 2142...just a guess/wishful thinking...EA does have a tendency to ruin everything they get their hands on (i.e. DICE).
ok... even though they already announced that they are officially not making any more BF2 patches. so if they did they would just be liars. if they dont, then they are jerks. so really, they cant win.
senor_fulff
+25|6768|Yorkshire, UK.

mafropetee wrote:

ok... even though they already announced that they are officially not making any more BF2 patches. so if they did they would just be liars. if they dont, then they are jerks. so really, they cant win.
No they haven't. No announcement has ever come from EA to announce that there would be no more BF2 patches. Learn to read...
Suicidal
+20|6516
Bravo!
mafropetee

senor_fulff wrote:

mafropetee wrote:

No they haven't. No announcement has ever come from EA to announce that there would be no more BF2 patches. Learn to read...
wtf... i KNOW i read that somewhere.

ohh well. maybe i was dreaming. ive been having lots of weird dreams lately of very stupid and unimportant things like that.

EDIT: AHA! IVE FOUND IT! im not sure how credible this info is, since it was said by "ex" DICE employees, but who knows.

Last edited by mafropetee (2007-07-04 01:14:57)

Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6768
You actually emailed EA to get a 3 cm square of colour on a stats page where you're the only regular viewer?? Maybe you made the whole thing up just too show off your ribbon...
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6323

StormsGathering wrote:

...At least in my eyes.
I contacted EA about my Middle East Service Ribbon and actually got a real response! So now that my stats are updating properly on the servers I play on, and they gave me a real response, they've redeemed themselves for me. Check it out:

Customer     07/02/2007 01:35 PM
Thank you very much for looking into this for me. You've redeemed EA in my eyes by actually helping and not giving some canned answer. Kudos!

Response (GM Fenris)     07/02/2007 01:29 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

After doing some investigation, I have found that you are indeed qualified to earn the Mid-East Service ribbon, which requires play on each of the Mid-East maps to earn. I have added the ribbon to your soldier profile and you should see it reflected in your BFHQ shortly.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Take care,

EA Rep Fenris
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

Customer     06/30/2007 06:16 PM
Alright, I'm confused.
Last time I asked about this, I was given the generic "you haven't fulfilled all the requirements yet" message from you guys - likely without even looking at my stats. So now I ask you this:
I have done more to try and gain my Middle East Service Ribbon than I did to get my Far East Service Ribbon. Yet the prior is not in my awards. What's the deal?

I've played on every MEC map as both US and MEC. I've played almost 15 hours as MEC - almost as much as I've played as China, and I got the Far East Service Ribbon after around 3 hours as China. I've won at least once on each MEC map.
I've done everything I did to obtain the Far East Service Ribbon and more, and STILL I don't have the Middle East one.

Can someone, without giving me a copy-pasted snippet from your list of generic answers, either confirm or deny that this ribbon is broken?

I ask this because of a rumor that it's glitched if you've played BF2:SF before you obtained it, and that you will never achieve it.

There's a ton of people on various forums that have stated they got it when they first started playing by just doing all the maps for a short time. There's others that are a high rank that still do not possess it.

PLEASE tell me what's going on with this ribbon. It's driving me nuts that it -appears- as though I have all the requirements, yet I don't have it. Can someone there look at my stats, I'll repeat that - actually LOOK at my stats - and tell me whether it's bugged or if there is some requirement that I'm missing. Because to me, it looks like I should have it. As I said, I've done everything to get the Middle East ribbon that I did to get the Far East ribbon but it's not granting me that award. The only thing I did different is play BF2:SF after I got the Far East one but before playing all the Middle East maps.

My ID is "StormsGathering" and my player # is "78795363"
And here's the screenshot to prove it:

http://www.freewebs.com/stormsgathering/MEC%20SB.JPG
all that effort for a stupid ass ribbon that cant get you a job, a career, a promotion......just sad. i can care less about what awards i get.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6768
Yet you post them in your signature...
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6533|South Florida

tthf wrote:

that guy from EA is called Fenris, are you sure its not just Fenris_Greyclaw pulling your leg?
15 more years! 15 more years!
PE
+2|6165
im still not getting all my stats, last night earned about 300 and got less then 50!!
Undertow007
+8|6158|Rep. of Palua

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

Evolution1 wrote:

That's funny, i asked for the same thing, but i only got a not so beautiful big tittied naked man to fall out of the sky.
I emailed EA about the problem and they said that he would be fixed in the new 1.5 patch.
I think i'll wait till after the new patch to make any wishes.
Drakaji
+3|6155|Albuquerque, NM
Odd, yet I just earned mine recently without issues. One thing I'm confused about is the fact that I haven't played all required maps and still have it.
I've yet to play Zatar Wetlands.
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6543
Whats the email address for this??
Evolution1
+2|6156
IM gonna E-mail them for no aparrent reason what so ever
fabiator14
+7|6159|Normandy - France
guys,

I did it, and they answered that they did not reveal the requirements for this ribbon to keep the game exciting...
I answered adding in proof the message received by our lucky guy, asking how they can give 2 different answers on the same matter and I received an automatic message.
I wrote again asking for a human answer and I got in answer that they are working on stats issue and they cannot resolve the ribbon problem now :

I contacted them thru the support website.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard