Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

If I coud find the Bf2S Server I would be a regular. Since I am in New Zealand my ping wouldn't be too good, about 200, same for if it was in Europe probably. Still, I'd support it, especially if you get people filling it up often. There's no reason why not, we're a big community here.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
MegaBlast
+0|6751|UK
B - I  would certainly be on the server regularly and would do my best spread the word......

In terms of sponsoring the server, due t the number of hits this site gets i suspect that one of the main UK game server companies would be more than happyto do a bit of trading - server for advert style.

Now i am no web developer but i am well aware of the geographically sensetive capabilities which can be built in to sites - e.g. US based client IPs could get Branzone Server ads and Euro based IPs could get ads for a.n.other game server company.

Someone like multiplay.co.uk may be a good place to start however as you guys are US based it may be a bit tricky.  If you would like someone to speak with them on your behalf i would be happy to oblige.  If you would like me to do this please drop me a mail........

If this were to take a different path and a thorw in of ca$h is required i would be happy to chip in a bit.

Last edited by MegaBlast (2006-01-29 18:14:19)

the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6664|Vancouver BC Canada
On My Fav list, where is everyone?
Ballistix5
+36|6745|Forster NSW

.ACB|_Cutthroat1 wrote:

put one in aus , ill go there for sure
Nah Australian servers are allways full of idiots

*Internode*
*Gamearena*

Just Promote your USA Server ill be Honest I forget you guys have one somtimes im in australia but USA Servers run great for me still.
Cathalibm
+0|6633
I got a mate who set up his own server. I've just @mailed him, Hopefully I'll have my info soon. By the way Im in Ireland
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

ok, so far so good. Overall response has been positive, I'd say. So let's try to do this.

First, I am going to send chuy a PM asking how he got the deal with Branzone and if it would be OK with him if we had an ad of about the same size for a sponsor of the EU server. Actually, he has indicated that he is thinking of getting rid of the US server, so we could simply replace the Branzone ad with "our" ad.

Second, we need a sponsor. Best thing of course would be if the sponsor himself would be a gameserver provider. there are a couple of companies all over Europe who provide ranked servers on a professional basis.
I know one in germany is k-play, one in the UK is multiplay.co.uk. But a lot of our members are from the netherlands, so I wouldn't mind setting it up there either.
Apart from actual game server providers, other possible sponsors would be hardware retailers ( alternate, for example ), gaming news sites ( krawall.de ), or any other IT/Gaming - related organization.
To get major corporations such as nvidia, ATI, AMD or Intel to contribute would of course be great, but I don't have any connections in that direction.
Best thing would be if we could convince EA/Dice Europe to help us out.
Chuy will have to decide wether that is an option.

What I'd ask you all to do is do a little bit of thinking and get a list of possible sponsors. As soon as that list is complete, we will set up an "official" e-mail to approach those companies. Please don't approach any companies without chuy's approval. Seriously, don't. Remember it is still chuy's site and he makes the final decision about the sponsor and the kind of ad. This is going to be a business decision.

We can discuss the server details as soon as we have a sponsor.

Task for this week: find a sponsor
=[S3nf]=
Upside Down Space Cockroach
+150|6759|out of orbit

SAS-Lynx wrote:

1 - yeah i would game there nearly all the time (as long as i wasnt the only one )
2 - im affraid not
3 - dont mind about the adds
...same for me...i`ll be there...
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany
Ok guys, my startlist for the beginning:

Possibel Sponsors could be:

- EA/Dice
- Gamespy
- ServerProviders
-- Multiplay.co.uk (uk
-- Gameservers.net (nl)
-- kplay.de (ger)
-- eliott-ness.org (fr)
- Hardware Online Shops
-- kmelektronik.de (ger)
-- alternate.de (eur)
-- avitos (ger)
- nvidia
- vitos
- asus
- kingston
- gainward
- msi
- Aopen
- Gigabyte
- Leadtek
- Logitech
- Saitek
- Creative
- Case Logic
- Terratec
- Plantronics
- D-Link
- SMC
- 3Com
- NetGear
- Sharkoon
- Maxtor
- IBM
- Samsung
- GamersWear
- Samsung
- Seagate

Of course, some companies have only a german oriented market, but some are european oriented.
Hardware Manufactures of course and some Online Shops!

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-01-30 08:23:59)

MegaBlast
+0|6751|UK
B.Schuss - As i have never looked at renting a 64 player server what costs are you looking at for the hosting companies?  I have checked with multiplay and its going to be about £2k give or take a bit.

We have connections with some big companies (like HP) but i am not entirely sure that they would have a commercial argument for sponsoring a server....you never know though.

To be honest - a quick chat with a company that could see the commercial benefit of having an advert while maps loads etc would be a fairly easy sell for £2k - £3k per annum.  It might not even need an ad on the bf2s.com site - just a note pointing to the server and therefore the sponsor graphic.  Of course if there was an ad it would make the sell easier.

Last edited by MegaBlast (2006-01-30 16:29:49)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6756|Bulgaria
If you manage to create such a server in Europe, I will gladly come and play (Karkand, I want Karkand hehe).
It's going to be fun to play with people from the forum. Plus, some of them seem to be very good players!!
B.Schuss

right now, I am looking mainly at server providers themselves, simply because that would make the process of actually getting the server considerably easier.

I have received some info from chuy, and I guess I will approach some of the official EA partner providers in europe ( such as k-play.de, multiplay.co.uk, gameservers.net, i3d.nl ) this week.

with the kind of traffic the site is causing, it should work out.

EDIT:
12:41

I checked the websites of k-play.de, multiplay.co.uk, and gameservers.net and all of them have special sections detailing exactly why they are not taking any more requests for sponsoring.
Obviously, at lot of people are looking to get sponsored game servers...

I will send e-mails to them anyway, mainly because most people who request sponsoring are clans, not communities as big as bf2s.com. with the kind of traffic this site creates, we can make a legitimate case for a game server sponsored through an ad.

i3d.nl has a special request form for sponsoring, I will fill that out later today.

EDIT:
13:11

I also sent a support ticket to my own server provider ( I have a ventrilo server rented from NGZ-Server.de ). Let's see if they care to answer.
Jimmy th4 man
+0|6652|Hechingen / GERMANY
That sounds great to me!

If we would have a nice bf2s-Server in Germany and the guys are playing like they're ought to, I'll buy a reserved slot.

Idea, question: do u guys think it makes sense to have the possibility to buy slots on a 64-Player server?

B.Schuss, whichs size are you requesting?

THX 4 all your doin....

Greetz

@B.Schuss: Dr Kölsche Jung wüt Saacha: Mit enem bf2s-Server werd isch Jäck!!!! Weiter so!!! d;-)
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6694
B.schuss ftw
B.Schuss

Jimmy th4 man wrote:

That sounds great to me!

If we would have a nice bf2s-Server in Germany and the guys are playing like they're ought to, I'll buy a reserved slot.

Idea, question: do u guys think it makes sense to have the possibility to buy slots on a 64-Player server?

B.Schuss, whichs size are you requesting?

THX 4 all your doin....

Greetz

@B.Schuss: Dr Kölsche Jung wüt Saacha: Mit enem bf2s-Server werd isch Jäck!!!! Weiter so!!! d;-)
well, at the moment I am not asking for a specific server size. I am simply outlining our request ( who we are, what we are looking for, what we can offer ) and asking wether they'd be interested. But it would be great to get a 64-slot ranked BF2 server and a 32-slot SF server.

as far as buying slots on a 64-slot server is concerned, I don't think that's an option on a public community server which we wouldn't be paying for anyway.

But I have heard that this is not uncommon on clan servers.

@Maverick: ftw ?
Haigen
+-1|6655|Germany
Hallo,

I was on the server a few times, but there was nobody else. So it would be good if there would be a fix time to meet and fight.

I hope to see you
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6807|Finland
Is anyone actually donating to the site? I mean, we have like 6000+ members, somebodys just gotta be donating. If a server costs something like 150€ a month, it could be possible to get some of that with just the donations.

Although that would be less for chuys lunch money
ArMaG3dD0n
+24|6805|Deutschland/Germany
(ftw = for teh win? ....)
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6710|Hamilton, Scotland

SAS-Lynx wrote:

Buffnuggles wrote:

What's the IP of this server???????
72.36.222.172 - default port
gd god! its alredy out!!!!!!
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany
i personaly would prefer 32 slot server with 64er maps. but for that decision its still a long way and not my call!
if we could get both sizes: great. reserved slots that people extra donate for are for clan servers are a common thing. but on bf2scomservers i think, there shouldn't be any reserved slots, since these are community servers.
this all would be or could get necessary if the sponsoring wouldn't work out as excepted.
but i'm pretty sure, that won't happen

Last edited by bmb|danCer (2006-01-31 09:24:04)

Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6810|Scotland!

B.Schuss wrote:

Yeah, I'd game there.
Unfortunately couldn't sponsor.
Can't remember number 3... Oh yeah..don't mind ads..As long as they aren't pop-ups.
B.Schuss

guys, I have a bad feeling about my rig. I haven't been able to receive mails for three days now, and I have tried 2 different mail clients ( Pegasus and Mozilla Thunderbird ). Both failed.  Moreover, Norton 2006 is reluctant to do a system scan ( in fact, norton does not want to do anything that is virus-check related ) and every other spyware/virus detection tool I launch seems to hang up immediately.

Looks like I am gonna have to do a full system sweep and re-install. I hope I can do this over the weekend.
So unless a miracle of some sort happens, I will be off for at least a couple of days. I will have to make some back-ups and then put the bootable cd-rom with G-disc on it into my drive. at that will be the end of that.

I just wanted to inform you about my status. I am fine, but you most likely will not hear from me for a couple of days. I am afraid the server thing will have to wait until my system is back up.

I will be able to check my PM's from work or my brother's system, so if there is something urgent, send a PM.
No mails though...

Wish me luck

rgds,
B.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6790|Belgium

Luck

R
B.Schuss

so, I am back.

contacted i3d.nl via their sponsorship request form today. Let's see what they say.

EDIT: i3d.nl has promptly returned my mail saying they are not interested. shame on them.

mails send out to

k-play.de ( germany )
multiplay.co.uk ( UK )
gameservers.net ( netherlands )
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6685|Germany

B.Schuss wrote:

so, I am back.

contacted i3d.nl via their sponsorship request form today. Let's see what they say.

EDIT: i3d.nl has promptly returned my mail saying they are not interested. shame on them.

mails send out to

k-play.de ( germany )
multiplay.co.uk ( UK )
gameservers.net ( netherlands )
hey b. try elliot-ness.org too.

but i can't understand why i3d.nl is not interessted...
B.Schuss

update:

lol....i3d.nl has sent a mail apologizing for their first mail. seems the guy who first saw my mail didn't bother to check wether I actually work for bf2s.com. the second guy did, and promptly answered. They are indeed interested. at the moment, we are looking at a 50-slot ranked server, either BF2 or SF, with BF2CC and control panel access.

I will have to hammer out the details with chuy over the ads and stuff, but it looks promising.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard