[bpuk]jack
+58|6679
What is the correct punishment for a terrorist activity? or terrorism occurence (IE it succeeding..9/11, 7/7)
I personally think this is a form of treason and should carry the death penalty, especially with the trouble we are getting in Britiain at the moment.

I personally think that you lose your citizenship and right to live if you take anothers' life, you have no right.  The "Eye for an Eye" laws in SAudi Arabi work nicely.. You steal something, then your hand gets cut off.  Or what used to happen to snipers - their trigger fingers were cut off so they became a useless body for the enemy.

Now I know full well the death penalty was revoked by the home secretary in the late 90's for treason, but events such as terrosism should make the public realise that these people will never be safe to release, they will always be a danger to the public.

And everytime one of the terrorists gets put under surveillance they flee the country!

from the IRA, to Al-Queda they have never been dealt with properly.   The IRA terrorist who bombed the entire british cabinet while Thatcher was in power in the Brighton Hotel is about to be released.  He killed and maimed half of the British 'Party in powers' ' cabinet.  This man should not be allowed to walk on gods' given earth, he damn well brought the government to take large scale reprisals in Irish cities as they were doing in England. (This is fact, a friend of mine was a Colonel in the Royal Artillery stationed in Northern Ireland, their guns artillery pieces) were trained on Dublin awaiting the Prime Ministers go ahead.

What are your thoughts for the true punishments for these, well, traitors to the country they choose to reside and leech off of.
And what are the current punishments in your country.

Jack.

Last edited by [bpuk]jack (2007-07-01 17:09:20)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6478|Chicago, IL
death penalty for someone who wanted to martyr themselves?

I like the old pigs blood soaked bullets the british used to use...

send 'em straight to hell!
[bpuk]jack
+58|6679

S.Lythberg wrote:

yes but it wouldnt be public, they wouldnt go they way they want, and they would be executed under the law of the country, which would be a christian government, so they couldnt even receive the Islamic rights.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6478|Chicago, IL

[bpuk]jack wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

yes but it wouldnt be public, they wouldnt go they way they want, and they would be executed under the law of the country, which would be a christian government, so they couldnt even receive the Islamic rights.
Most terrorists don't really mind death, and in the case of Islamic ones, they want to die as fast as possible, preferably at the hands of the infidel, to get into heaven (yeah right, how does blowing up a bus please god?) faster.

The only way to truly make then fear capture would be to torture them to death, and that is against everything the western world stands for.

Honestly, in the end it does not really matter what happens to the captured ones, its the ones we dont have that need to die.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6425|The Gem Saloon

[bpuk]jack wrote:

Or what used to happen to snipers - their trigger fingers were cut off so they became a useless body for the enemy.
when/where/who/what war?

and taking a trigger finger from a sniper wouldnt necessarily make him ineffective.
[bpuk]jack
+58|6679

S.Lythberg wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Most terrorists don't really mind death, and in the case of Islamic ones, they want to die as fast as possible, preferably at the hands of the infidel, to get into heaven (yeah right, how does blowing up a bus please god?) faster.

The only way to truly make then fear capture would be to torture them to death, and that is against everything the western world stands for.

Honestly, in the end it does not really matter what happens to the captured ones, its the ones we dont have that need to die.
mmm i get what you are saying
but people have t othink of the peace of mind of the public and the way the governments have to seem strong against a terrorist threat. so scapegating could be the answer.

there are two types of people that dont deserve to live - paedophiles (including general rapists) and murderers (including terrorists)

rape ruins someones life and those around them
murder ends someones life and ruins those around them
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6478|Chicago, IL

Parker wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

Or what used to happen to snipers - their trigger fingers were cut off so they became a useless body for the enemy.
when/where/who/what war?

and taking a trigger finger from a sniper wouldnt necessarily make him ineffective.
i can shoot with my middle finger too, it's not that hard.
[bpuk]jack
+58|6679

Parker wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

when/where/who/what war?

you cant shoot effectively using your middle finger when you ahve a stump above it. any movement that would not have affected the shot with your index finger now moves the rifle. As the hand rests on it.

it was done by the vietkong and unnoficially by the americans fighting in korea and vietnam

also the egyptians used it in the palestinian wars
[bpuk]jack
+58|6679

S.Lythberg wrote:

Parker wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

when/where/who/what war?

i can shoot with my middle finger too, it's not that hard.
a 5 foot long, full bore (now 50. cal) rifle supported on your shoulder and on the ground
with the positioning of the triggerguard and stock on most military sniper rifles (especially the one used by the uk and germany at the moment made by the lee enfield company of britain) means that you cannot shoot effectively and with precision using anything but you index finger
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6478|Chicago, IL

[bpuk]jack wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

but people have t othink of the peace of mind of the public and the way the governments have to seem strong against a terrorist threat. so scapegating could be the answer.

there are two types of people that dont deserve to live - paedophiles (including general rapists) and murderers (including terrorists)

But again, death does not faze a martyr, and it won't really satisfy many people.
Yeah, we've all heard the "closure" arguement, but putting a terrorist in a cell with a few texans for a few years would be much more effective in my opinion.

As for pedophiles/rapists, the Saudis have a punishment involving a sword that I find quite effective...
Parker
isteal

[bpuk]jack wrote:

Parker wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

when/where/who/what war?

you cant shoot effectively using your middle finger when you ahve a stump above it. any movement that would not have affected the shot with your index finger now moves the rifle. As the hand rests on it.

it was done by the vietkong and unnoficially by the americans fighting in korea and vietnam

i have read A LOT of stuff about vietnam, and never heard anything about that......anyway, shooting a rifle effectively from a prone position wouldnt be hindered by a stump above your middle finger.....maybe for a few shots, but they would adapt.

edit: wait your from the UK arent you?

Last edited by Parker (2007-07-01 17:30:29)

[bpuk]jack
+58|6679

S.Lythberg wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

But again, death does not faze a martyr, and it won't really satisfy many people.
Yeah, we've all heard the "closure" arguement, but putting a terrorist in a cell with a few texans for a few years would be much more effective in my opinion.

As for pedophiles/rapists, the Saudis have a punishment involving a sword that I find quite effective...
yea thats true
the dutch (i think? correct if wrong)
sterilize/castrate dependant on judges' decision pedos/rapists
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6311

S.Lythberg wrote:

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, people actually still believe that bullshit?

I mean seriously, the whole prohibition on pork thing applies to voluntary action. Like if you made a big bacon sandwich and then ate it. It doesn't count if someone sneaks pork into your food or shoots you with a bullet covered in pork fat. Of course I'm all for more dumbshit racist bigot fuckwads fouling their own weapons with organic grease thereby engineering their own deaths in combat.
[bpuk]jack
+58|6679

Parker wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

Parker wrote:

when/where/who/what war?

i have read A LOT of stuff about vietnam, and never heard anything about that......anyway, shooting a rifle effectively from a prone position wouldnt be hindered by a stump above your middle finger.....maybe for a few shots, but they would adapt.

yes i am. meaning we can have stuff published over here which is still for some reason against your import and publication laws. which is stupid tbh..the bill of rights kind of has holes in it really...loopholes surely for things to go through...britain has too many
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6478|Chicago, IL

Parker wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

Parker wrote:

when/where/who/what war?

Soldiers in Iraq are losing entire limbs and returning to active duty with prosthetics.  I wouldn't doubt that the vietcong would do it, but i doubt its effectiveness.  Besides, all sniper rifiles come equipped with a bipod stand, so stability really isn't an issue.
[bpuk]jack
+58|6679

S.Lythberg wrote:

Parker wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

Soldiers in Iraq are losing entire limbs and returning to active duty with prosthetics.  I wouldn't doubt that the vietcong would do it, but i doubt its effectiveness.  Besides, all sniper rifiles come equipped with a bipod stand, so stability really isn't an issue.
have you shot a sniper rifle that is used in the military today?
i have.
it was a 50 cal  round. with a specific grip. using the support given from teh entire hand
we were asked to try and shoot with a middle fingers...it didnt work..you could try but would break something.
Parker
isteal

[bpuk]jack wrote:

Parker wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

yes i am. meaning we can have stuff published over here which is still for some reason against your import and publication laws. which is stupid tbh..the bill of rights kind of has holes in it really...loopholes surely for things to go through...britain has too many
im sorry, you misinterpreted that....i knew you were from across the pond the way you talked about firearms....thats all.
[bpuk]jack
+58|6679

Parker wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

Parker wrote:

im sorry, you misinterpreted that....i knew you were from across the pond the way you talked about firearms....thats all.
how do you mean?
Parker
isteal

[bpuk]jack wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Parker wrote:

i have.
it was a 50 cal  round. with a specific grip. using the support given from teh entire hand
we were asked to try and shoot with a middle fingers...it didnt work..you could try but would break something.
wowee......gosh buddy, you shot a fifty caliber riflez!!1!!11!!
i dont give a shit what you have shot, im telling you that i could shoot accurately from the prone position with my middle finger.

oh, and name that rifle......
[bpuk]jack
+58|6679

Parker wrote:

[bpuk]jack wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

i have.
wowee......gosh buddy, you shot a fifty caliber riflez!!1!!11!!
i dont give a shit what you have shot, im telling you that i could shoot accurately from the prone position with my middle finger.

oh, and name that rifle......
the AW-50

right mate you think that
Parker
isteal
and how many times did you shoot that?

where did you shoot it?
are you in the military?
what range were your targets?
link52787
+29|6553
an eye for an eye. 

for every soldier killed one of every terrorist should be tortured, forced to eat pork and then hung.
[bpuk]jack
+58|6679

Parker wrote:

where did you shoot it?
are you in the military?
military firing range named otmoor and at pembary sands (an artillery and bombing range)
no i just have a few high ranking officers as friends
1500m - 2500m
[bpuk]jack
+58|6679

link52787 wrote:

an eye for an eye. 

for every soldier killed one of every terrorist should be tortured, forced to eat pork and then hung.
hehe liking it =]
Parker
isteal

[bpuk]jack wrote:

Parker wrote:

where did you shoot it?
are you in the military?
military firing range named otmoor and at pembary sands (an artillery and bombing range)
no i just have a few high ranking officers as friends
1500m - 2500m
so, you would say that your experience with that rifle is limited?

would you also say that a .50 BMG round is *slightly* more powerful than your average rifle round?

if i read correctly, you suggested this as a punishment for terrorists.....or compared it to the saudis method of handling these things.
if that were to happen, it really wouldnt effect any terrorists.........there arent too many of them running around with .50s....and a 7.62 would be manageable.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard