tgust5
+22|6597

aj0405 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Tank Fight, 16 tanks vs. 16 tanks, large, flat except a hill on each side spanning the map to protect tank spawns, one flag in the middle  surrounded by four buildings to make it so you have to get out of your tank to cap, and tows in the middle flag.

I tried making it, but the map was very unstable.
it's called Highway Tampa.
actually there's a map you can download somewhere called Tank Attack that is sort of like that.the battles can get pretty hectic.
highway tampa doesnt look like that?
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6164|Schofield Barracks

cowami wrote:

Hmmm...I'd have to say a city map for the PLA and USMC. It's essentially the map that -=NS=- Eagle originally came up with.

While it could serve well as an IO map, it could serve as a vehicle map, as well. There'd be large main roads for tanks and the like, with tiny, winding alleyways to give infantry protection from vehicles and to provide an area for close combat. There'd also be at least one high-rise with a flag on top, with Blackhawks provided in order to make rooftop insertions (rather than climbing up a shitload of stairs).
sounds great but if i made the map id put that u would be able to go inside all of the buildings that would be great CQB
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

globefish23 wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

Honk Kong, PLA V US
Yeah, I have suggested that once in one of the previous v1.5 wishing threads.

Just check this satellite image! It would make one hell of a city map!
Maybe USMC starting at the top from an uncap flag with an amphibious attack.

You have hills with jungle, large buildings, some bigger empty spaces,...

http://www.wingsofasia.com/images/002/h … w_3000.jpg
Man, USMC would get raped by a PLA ambush if we started up top with an amphibious attack. Snipers in the windows galore, and AT soldiers hiding in every nook and cranny.
deadlikeme667
+5|6140|MI

Monkeyman911 wrote:

US Navy SEALS vs. Iranian Army (but they would just look like Insurgents from SF) Intellegence would be that USMC discovers a Chemical Weapons silo in Eastern Iran and orders a platoon of Navy SEALS to destroy it. Iran would lose a key Silo and would get to a horrible start to a war. If the SEALS fail, the Eastern Sea board of the United States is in threat of Chemical attack.
SEALS enter from RIBs but get blocked half-way and have to swim to shore.
Iranian's will have MG batteries on the beach but SEALS have cover of darkness and NVG's.
No armor, only light transport vehicles.
Thats predicting the future for ya!
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6322|uk

Dwit wrote:

Titch2349 wrote:

I would make a remake of Portland Island, the island in GTA Liberty City

(I am making it atm - 80% done )
yeah, everytime i've created a nice map it ctd.... ( yes i completely followed the guide....) its really frustating after hours off work it doesnt work.... and i try again...
There are so many things that could affect the map not working... which is why you need to take lots of backups, and save regulary.

If you still have the maps, i wouldn't mind taking a quick look at them to see what the problem is

You could also try posting on the http://bfeditor.org forums.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead
I would make a map that looked like this:
https://img107.imageshack.us/img107/7357/asdqc7.jpg

Both teams spawn at the top of their helter-skelter uncaps. When they reach the bottom they have to rush to the cars then race to the contested flag.
There will be a small wall just before the flag to prevent the cars entering the area. There will then be lots of heated battles to cap the southern flag. Down the middle there is a map higher than everything in the map to prevent fighting before the flag. It is also to high for nades.

Once the middle flag has been capped baseraping shouldn't be a problem because of the advantage of high ground at the top of the helter-skelters on the uncaps. Also the cars could easily run over the enemies heading to baserape.

I think this map would be totally awesome and is designed for USMC v PLA.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6728|06-01

3lmo wrote:

Mec VS PLA, Mountain town, lots of infantry, no tanks, only jeeps and transport heli's
Someone025
Cooler Member
+31|6483
US vs PLA

the only vheicles are transport helis

in a huge city

no open field

very close cornered city

every building could be entered

no grenades
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Easy. A certain little zone between Washington and Oregon.

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/astoria.jpg

I was going to start on it, but the game's engine wouldn't do it full justice.

=========================

Someone025 wrote:

US vs PLA

the only vheicles are transport helis

in a huge city

no open field

very close cornered city

every building could be entered

no grenades
Yeah right. Be like restricting the G36. You know EA wouldn't go for it.

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Tank Fight, 16 tanks vs. 16 tanks, large, flat except a hill on each side spanning the map to protect tank spawns, one flag in the middle  surrounded by four buildings to make it so you have to get out of your tank to cap, and tows in the middle flag.

I tried making it, but the map was very unstable.
Only if people can get "The Bar (TM)" unlock for abandoned vehicles. Otherwise, that would pull all kinds of bullcrap with balance.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-07-02 06:41:41)

Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6314|New York
I'd like to see a snow map.  China vs. USMC.  Both teams would start high in their snowy mountain bases.  Their target is a small but nontheless strategic city nestled in the valley below.  Just the journey from their respective bases to the outskirts of the city would be treacherous as the mountain roads are lined by sheer cliffs and the driving snow makes visibility close to nill.  Once on the valley floor the visibility would improve, however, the thick blanket of snow would make travel difficult for infantry and armour alike.  The first series of flags the teams would encounter would be on the edge of the city; outskirt flags that would ring the city and be staging areas for the all important thrust on the city's center flag, The Citadel.  Reminiscent of Hue in Battlfield Vietnam the team lucky enough to reach the city center first will have the advantage of the citadel's high, tank proof walls, numerous sniper positions, and cavernous, winding tunnels that lead to other strategic flags.  Beware though, the tunnels that give the defending team the will to move about can also be used by the enemy.  Each team will be given their share of armour, APC's, and fast movers to get down the mountain passes and into the open snow covered fields that surround the city.  2 tanks, 2 APC's, 2 transport helicopters, and 3 fast movers will spawn at both the Chinese and USMC mountain top bases.  At the bottom of the mountain pass, where the cliffs give way to open fields, is the first and relatively important capture point because, get ready air whores, this is where the attack helo will spawn!  It will take a skilled pilot to manuever the chopper, however, as the cloud ceiling is low and you never know when a mountain face is just a heartbeat away.  Along with the helo more tanks, and APC's will appear to expedite the journey across the frozen tundra and into the urban terrain. The open snowy fields are ideal for armour warfare as the terrain is open and flat, the only thing that hinders you is the visibility.  As the fields give way to narrow city street the armor becomes less effective and the infantry man's tools of war become invaluable as the assualt the city center and struggle for the all important citadel.  While the wars rage in the city center and tanks exchange sabo rounds in the fields there is a hidden war taking place at a secret base high in the mountains way off in the corner off the map.  This of course is the one and only airfield on the map where one team will control the only jet on the map, either the A-10 or whatever the hell the Chinese bomber is, I'm at work I can't look.  However, with the low ceiling and poor visibility will become a factor in whether or not the tickets are worth it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard