Burpman01
+1|6615
I tried 3 times on Belgrage, but i finally got it in Sidi powerplant in Titan mode !!!!!
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6352

iFro wrote:

Situation when i got strange roadkills with battlewalker - i was walking around tank and killed it with rockets, got hazard pin, again "shift'ed" battlewalker, got several infantry kills - hazard pin... wtf ? dunno but its strange situation when i got them and i want to know - why or how roadkills work, i mean not simple ride into infantry swarm or MECing tank with RDX in FAV or else. I know how i can get that ribbon and its easy thing, i just cant understand about that strange situations. Thanks
Well, I´ll try to answer your initial question.
If you "hit" a tank, or any other vehicle for that matter, with the walker you do damage to it.  The last done damage is counted towards the cause of the kill, so if you ram the tank while blasting it with the rockets it counts as a roadkill, cause you kinda trampled it down .
And in the walker I sometimes get kills without noticing, cause some frenzy snipers are running in between my legs while I´m maneuvering so they simply get crushed.
That does not happen often though, cause I´m always keeping my distance. More healthy.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Teknoir
+5|6654|St. Paul, Minnesota
So I have a question.... what things can you actually DO that will count as roadkills?  Is it all just driving and running over or can you use the gun at all as long as you're in the vehicle?
Buzerk1
+44|6845
There's always been only 2 ways to get road kills

1-Running over someone
2-Someone jump off the vehicle and the blast gets him
Teknoir
+5|6654|St. Paul, Minnesota
Good to know... I think I've been wasting a whole lotta time!!  I figured he's in the road... I'm in a vehicle that has a gun... I killed him... ROADKILL...  score for me!!!  Not so.  *** sigh ***

Last edited by Teknoir (2007-06-29 07:55:33)

DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6740|Germany, near Koblenz
Roadkills are are kills with or while in a vehicle without using the vehicles weapons.

So roadkills are registered for:

- running over enemies (obviously doesn't apply to stationary and Titan guns)

- killing enemies by blowing up vehicles nearby

- arty kills while in a vehicle

- motion mine / APM kills while in a vehicle (guess I miss around 500 APM kills but have some funny numbers of roadkills f.i. over 200 with the Titan)
Sambuccashake
+126|6619|Sweden

DerGraueWolf wrote:

Hmmm... You sure about that?

If so, I've got a ribbon waiting to collect next time I'm on...
imortal
+240|6673|Austin, TX

Drax wrote:

i got my 10 roadkill ribbon on suez canal on conquest mode, all in a fav, full 64 server

have fun, i know i did
I did the same, only on a 48 server.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6740|Germany, near Koblenz

Sambuccashake wrote:

DerGraueWolf wrote:

Hmmm... You sure about that?

If so, I've got a ribbon waiting to collect next time I'm on...
Yes, I'm sure, just watch your stats. But unlike BF 2 those roadkills are not counted for the corresponding awards! So you can get the "xx kills with vehicle yy" awards, but nothing which clearly requires "roadkills".

I got pins from different maps and different modes, but from my experience the best map for the gold transport badge (12 RKs required) is a full Cebere Landing with FF off.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard