OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6313|Newcastle UK
Im fine with base rape but i get bored with it after a while.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6532|Edmonton Alberta

Hurricane wrote:

straz_mataz wrote:

i baserape.... its a good time
but as i like to call it.... tactically surpress the enemy on their uncap
baseraping is often even better if the other team has a flag.... because they just arent expecting it... and then you get all the defenseless people sitting around waiting for jets to spawn

damn i should make a new account called ibaserape
Yeah, and make your tag something like [iRape].
done and done
http://bf2s.com/player/89087150/
adv3rsary
+28|6713
cool with baseraping, not cool with uncap raping

Last edited by adv3rsary (2007-01-12 13:04:57)

noob_mc_goob
+2|6146

gene_pool wrote:

Try playing on a server with a guy called noob_mc_goob. He has a poor KDR but he is the best squad leader and nearly always wins for the americans on wake. But no clan will take him because of his KDR....Hmm, clans about teamwork are they?
Just wanted to clear up a few things.....

Thanks Sir Pool, yes I am the best damn squad leader out there and the reason is that I don't give a shite about stats. I want my team to win and I want my squad to kick ass. Which they always do, regardless of who is in it. Noobs or vetrans alike. Why? Because I basically act as a ammo supply/spawn cow/ and a leader. I will perch myself near a flag but with a good view of it. I will ask my squad to respawn as certain types depending on the situation and I will call out threats etc.

It works, but obviously I dont get many kills. Eventually the enemy finds me and I die but usually only after the flag is ours. Hecne my crap KDR. But only SIN have ever refused my clan app and I think that is because of my well known intolerance for fuckwits that ends up in my dedicating an entire game to TK'ing the offender and enjoying every minute of it.

So I think my crap stats are not really an issue to clans once they know your style of play.
PS Internode have banned me for life. Not for Tk'ing, but for telling it like it is on the forums, and being forum banned , then refusing to leave forum = LIFE BAN FROM SERVERS.

Prognosis?..Power Tripping Cunts.

So if ya wanna squad up with someone who plays for the team and not for stats, I'm your man, but only on tard arena.

Last edited by noob_mc_goob (2007-06-28 02:07:17)

Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6434|Brisbane, Australia
all i can say is that i dont care about baserape as long as you dont do it a chopper. they are almost impossible to kill as they move fast and circle around the spawn killing you with-in 2 sec of spawing.

to all those people who say that the people should have been caping flags instead of waiting for chopper/jet......well im ususally the guy that does try and cap flags.....but do you know how hard that is by yourself, i try inviting people into my squad blah blaah but they insist on waiting for air.

Last edited by Machine_Madness (2007-06-28 02:43:00)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6784|Bulgaria
Baserape ??? It's fun! Also, you must punish the enemy for being too n00bish when they can't even leave their own base!!! lol
DooM
+28|6304
Depends really but everytime I'd go on Wake and wait on the chopper or w.e I either get tkd for some fucking random reason or arty falls 24/7 on the carrier which really pisses me off more than anything if its consistent. Then you get the asswipes who go in the essex and mow everyone down then you get half the PLA team sitting on the carrier sniping everyone out of the vehicles or throwing nades and resupplying. Hell everytime I spawned I got blown up by a claymore. Then you have the lamers in the J10's raping the carrier over and over so really what fuckin chance do they stand?

Base rape against the USMC on Wake isn't really preventable. Yes if your team wasn't full of smacktards, on a low server no doubt but on a 64 no chance theres always tking for something no matter what. Then if you get in the Jet your team force themself into the side so you get the tk.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6556|Hungary
I like baseraping but i dont like being baseraped.
For some reason its a little bit unfair !
fabiator14
+7|6148|Normandy - France
Baseraping sucks. taking the example of Karkand, how do you want USMC to play if they do not have any flags. They cannot escape and have no chance.
I remember a server which has good rules : No baseraping if no flag taken.

Let ennemy a chance
IonYou
+3|6631

I_invented_BF2 wrote:

what the hell do you think real life professional soldiers do?

they DO attack the enemy HQ with planes, artillery and tanks. the real life commanders DO command from heavy Armour, and I know that for a fact - I used to be one of the drivers. in combat situations there is no such thing - and there shouldn't be - as fair play. it's survival of the fittest.

if people wants to play a game, that is supposed to be realistic, then they should stop bitching and accept realistic tactics.
Yeah because this game is SO realistic. Like taking a round to the head and surviving, hell taking a round anywhere and surviving as if you have 100% health indefinitely. You can run around with 2% health and do anything in the game. IRL you'd be bleeding to death.

You want realism? Really? Make it so the health declines quickly after you take a round cause IRL you ain't running, gunning and jumping around after getting shot.

Here's a clue. video games such as this aren't supposed to be real, they are supposed to be fun. Also when you die that's it. You don't get back up again. That'd be real fun. Still want realism?
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6311|Netherlands
BF2 = baseraping
Inimicus_7
+26|6359|England, UK
At the end of the day it always comes back to Wake.

I'm all for base raping, as most of the time you can get out of it.
As USMC, get both Essex guns with decent people in them, (not people who shoot missles into the side of the carrier).
Get a commander, to spot incoming planes/choppers, arty the tanks sitting at the end of the island.
Get some people on the deck with SRAW's to just piss off the Z10.
Get someone to sit on the AA at arty island.
Get both of the F35's up and annoying J10's coming in for 'easy' bomb runs on the carrier.

You will if you all pull togeather, get someone to at least 1 flag point on the mainland, and if their not stupid they can stay alive and cap it.

The only reason people get based raped on Wake, is because they sit for half an hour pissing around TK'ing, blowing up planes so they can get it...etc.

Also, as China, if you have a crappy team who TK and blow everything up, you'll end up getting base raped at airfield worse than on the carrier by an AH, and 2 F35s that do -a lot- more damage than a J10 raping.
weasel_thingo
+74|6324
getting base raped heres an idea get a jeep and drive, IO? spawn as medic make a squad tell them to fucking run, to spawn as a medic and only shoot when necesary and continue to run, also dont stop at the first flag, go past a few often people will stop at hte first, this caqn be good as it is a distraction to occupy the other team while you cap another flag.
carrier raping is different IMO as there is basically no form of escape and the essex will be destroyed as it spawns in.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6299

Towelly wrote:

So, what are your opinions?

Do you believe that baserape is a bad thing that encourages team stacking and doesn't allow other players a chance to both enjoy the game or grow as players?

Or do you believe that those who get capped to one base and can not muster the skill/talent to capture another point deserve to have their kill streak increased?

As I say, this is a discussion, those who can not tell their arse from their elbow need not reply.

P.S. I did a bit of searching and couldn't find anything (and if someone can then this topic will be gone in a second)
Baseraping keeps the other team from winning correct? So does teamwork, But that is what battlefield 2 is about. Teamwork & winning. and baseraping rofl.
too_money2007
+145|6306|Keller, Tx
I say baserape if you control all flags, but baseraping when other flags are capped is pathetic. It shows that all you care about is points and not actually helping your team.

On Wake, it's a touchy subject. One J10 can hold down the entire USMC, so when the 2nd J10 comes as well as the Havok, if the USMC hasn't capped a flag at that point, it's over. Plain and simple. Wake is a trash map anyways. Obviously stacked to one side (PLA, duh!). Whoever designed it is a fucking idiot. If the F35B was tweaked, or the J10 nerfed, then the USMC would have a chance.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker
When my team can only spawn in our uncap, I appreciate it if the enemy at least let me out of my uncap before blowing me away.  They still get their kill and I feel like I had a chance to at least throw some rounds their direction.  Seems like common courtesy.  If people must rape inside the uncap, at least keep the aircraft out of it.  If the team can’t even get their aircraft off the ground and aren’t given a chance to get to vehicles, that’s not a sporting chance. 

Spawncamping the uncap is a whole different issue.  I have no problem with spawncamping or raping any other flag, but stay out of the uncap!  As Joker3327 said, no matter the skill of the player, if he’s outnumbered 10 to 1 around his uncap spawnpoint, there’s no way he’s going to make it out.  The only exception to not camping an uncap would be a good sniper who can shoot from outside the uncap area to kill enemy inside.  That’s just skill. 

I never baserape an uncap, but at times I will camp a different flag if I want to get some sniping practice in or to keep the enemy busy while my buddies cap a different flag.  I found a good sniping spot on Fushe a couple days ago and it was great fun to pick off the poor sods that repeatedly spawned there when they had other flags.   I did not do it the whole round, though, because I want people to have fun in the round and get better as players.
Drexel
+43|6474|Philadelphia
My opinion is this:

Spawn raping is a really lame thing to do because it destroys servers.  Sure if one team is unfortunate to not be able to get a flag, then there's a problem.  But as soon as the entire other team starts killing them less than 2 seconds from their last death, the game becomes retarded.

People raping the other team show next to no skill because they just need to sit still and wait for one of the saps to magically appear.  Then sooner than they appear, they vanish back into that lonely 15 second counter.

Now people on the team being raped have many choices.

1: Sit there and take it and hope that next round will be better (Honestly not really anyone's choice)
2: Disconnect and find a "fair" server
3: Switch team so that they can penalize their own teammates for getting them raped. (The most common choice)

Well...suddenly there's 32 players facing 18 and you all claim that these people are too dumb to get out and cap another flag.  I'd like to see you turn the game around when there's twice as many enemies on you that have every vehicle on the map at their disposal with full commander assets.  Good luck capping even 1 flag.

This is why I disallow attacking uncaps on my server.  There are plenty of servers out there that allow, and thrive off of camping *Cough* Mad Max Thunderdome *Cough*   For those people who would rather a fair fight, or at least a chance to exit a base before getting creamed, then we're here for them.  For those who like to be on the side that is never in trouble of losing and only enjoy getting points pretty much handed to you, well I hope you have fun.
niomosy
+26|6687
If a team is down to just their uncap, they' should be baseraped.  Does it suck when you're on that team?  Definitely.  However, that's just the way it goes, sometimes.  On many maps, there are multiple areas to spawn at, so it's not like the baseraping is going to be so bad that you have zero chance.  Karkand, Sharqi, Daqing (at least for the PLA), Oman (for MEC), and probably several others have multiple choices for spawning.

I must admit, a personal favorite of mine is Warlord as SAS when the Insurgents only have the 2nd Floor Palace flag left, and FF is OFF.  Claywhore/C4 fun time

Which reminds me, I really should look at running SpecOps more on FF=OFF Warlord I/O servers.  My SpecOps KDR is lousy right now.
jord
+2,382|6675|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm all for it. I'm not going to wait around so they can take all the time in the world to cap a base.

The way I see it, if the enemy was in my position, they'd do it.
David.P
Banned
+649|6271

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

With baseraping, it increased my KD ratio.
And it gave me a spotless shine! Thank you baseraping! Now i can go out with confidence to bars and clubs! *thumbs up*
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6379|Oslo, Norway
There shouldn't been any uncaps at all! That way you're forced to fight to stay alive.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6399|dm_maidenhead
I think baserape is ok.
Unless I'm on the recieving end
IrishWind
+4|6707
I think baserape is OK.  I think it is a crappy manuever, esp when it is the las cappable flag, and everyone is outside it in a vehicle.  Cap that last flag and just end it, please.

No arty on the carrier is lame.  When a half dozen or more USMC guys are hoping around for one F-35, there should be no safe haven.  And being thge PLA commander on Wake is so boring when every arty strike is on Arty Island.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6350|uk

Dunno if i have posted in here already

I am fine with base rape- AS LONG, as the defending team has all the flags currently capped.

What I hate, is when you are on the defending team, and you are loosing all your back flags. The majority of your team are sat, camping in the enemies main, spawn camping.
Suicidal
+20|6506

noob_mc_goob wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

Try playing on a server with a guy called noob_mc_goob. He has a poor KDR but he is the best squad leader and nearly always wins for the americans on wake. But no clan will take him because of his KDR....Hmm, clans about teamwork are they?
Just wanted to clear up a few things.....

Thanks Sir Pool, yes I am the best damn squad leader out there and the reason is that I don't give a shite about stats. I want my team to win and I want my squad to kick ass. Which they always do, regardless of who is in it. Noobs or vetrans alike. Why? Because I basically act as a ammo supply/spawn cow/ and a leader. I will perch myself near a flag but with a good view of it. I will ask my squad to respawn as certain types depending on the situation and I will call out threats etc.

It works, but obviously I dont get many kills. Eventually the enemy finds me and I die but usually only after the flag is ours. Hecne my crap KDR. But only SIN have ever refused my clan app and I think that is because of my well known intolerance for fuckwits that ends up in my dedicating an entire game to TK'ing the offender and enjoying every minute of it.

So I think my crap stats are not really an issue to clans once they know your style of play.
PS Internode have banned me for life. Not for Tk'ing, but for telling it like it is on the forums, and being forum banned , then refusing to leave forum = LIFE BAN FROM SERVERS.

Prognosis?..Power Tripping Cunts.

So if ya wanna squad up with someone who plays for the team and not for stats, I'm your man, but only on tard arena.
Best thing I've read on this forum ever +1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard