icecreamgod
+13|6161
Ok, first of all I am not even that big of a fan of MMORPGs, or RPGs in general (with the exception of God of War I & II). I am a guy that didn't even like Zelda all that much. I have been a Fighter, Shooters, and Espionage type of guy. But I figured hell, why not, lets try WoW, after all, its free.

K, so I started playing WoW last night, lvl 12 now, and one thing that really struck me was how childish it seemed. The coloring, the over-sized trees, how tiny your character was, it just seemed like out of a cartoon book. And the game play is so slowwww. In BF2, Street Fighter (all of them are amazing), Super Smash, or MGS (all of them are amazing once again), just seem to have more action. I just don't get the allure of taking a million days to get somewhere, just to find yourself doing the same attack moves for the next 3 hours until another level.

Does the game really become that addicting at higher levels??
amak1131
+4|6157
unfortunately, yes. my younger brother played it on and off for a bit. all of a sudden, he was on it ALL DAY. i am not basing this off of experience(for i won't touch WoW with a mile long pole) but i'm sure what happened to my brother has happened to many others.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6565|Portland, OR, USA
don't get sucked in.  You'll never ever have secks again... ever.
icecreamgod
+13|6161
haha noted
RAVENMkXV
+9|6211|Florida

^ so true...
my friends play that pos game and they have lost everything. m8 just stick with FPS's
unless u wanna...
1) gain massive amounts of fat around ur body thus leading to bein morbidly obese
2) not have a gf
3) a social life along w/o havin a gf
4) no sex...
5) no life...
bobby177
+129|6469|Texas.. getting out asap
Pretty much all of the players are 13 year old kids named xxlegolaszxx in guilds named Dark Dragon Slayers.
theDunadan
+2|6205|CA, USA

CommieChipmunk wrote:

Heh... 'nough said.

+1  Commie.
Capt.Irviding
I like big butts, and I cannot lie.
+13|6221
It is a good game. It really gets addicrting because everyone wants to be able to get a mount and a pet etc etc. Really it is perfectly normal for kids and young to mid teens to play it really is ok then but once your in your 20's playing it... first you will still be a virgin, not be able to pay bills, until at a point where all you have is your amazing computer to play WoW and a Dog. Later on you will be too hooked on wow to buy food so you eat your dog Is that the life you want?

Last edited by Capt.Irviding (2007-06-26 15:00:28)

Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6185|Canada

amak1131 wrote:

(for i won't touch WoW with a mile long pole)
Same here mate. It looks boring, but I still don't want to play it just in case.
and + I have a life
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6767|PNW

icecreamgod wrote:

Ok, first of all I am not even that big of a fan of MMORPGs, or RPGs in general (with the exception of God of War I & II). I am a guy that didn't even like Zelda all that much. I have been a Fighter, Shooters, and Espionage type of guy. But I figured hell, why not, lets try WoW, after all, its free.

K, so I started playing WoW last night, lvl 12 now, and one thing that really struck me was how childish it seemed. The coloring, the over-sized trees, how tiny your character was, it just seemed like out of a cartoon book. And the game play is so slowwww. In BF2, Street Fighter (all of them are amazing), Super Smash, or MGS (all of them are amazing once again), just seem to have more action. I just don't get the allure of taking a million days to get somewhere, just to find yourself doing the same attack moves for the next 3 hours until another level.

Does the game really become that addicting at higher levels??
If you didn't know by now that WoW had cartoony graphics, I don't even pity your waste of money. If you couldn't even get into Zelda (I stopped playing after Link to the Past), what on Earth possessed you to grab a game that is essentially a glorified item snatcher, just like Zelda?
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6615|Mhz

I compare games like WoW to a disease, the sooner they're cured the better they're good for noone.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6694|NCFSU2
Hey, everyone's got their likes and dislikes. Don't like the game, fine.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6576|Melbourne, Australia.
Its slightly cartoony - yes.
The game probably wont be appealing to a hardcore FPS player (hence why so many people on this forum hate it - most without playing it) because its a completely different play style. WoW requires patience and motivation. BF2 you can get on for a round or 5 a night and have fun - WoW requires some understanding of the game etc to be able to enjoy it to its full extent.

Last edited by -[Silver.Inc* (2007-06-26 22:10:18)

ozzie_johnson
+98|6653|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
Meh i like wow and im gonna keep playing it.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6386

ozzie_johnson wrote:

Good luck...80-year-old virgin.
maclennan101
+2|6733
Ye
like its a min system requirement to be a virgin and have no life, do not buy if you meet these specs

rolf
Masta_Daco
+39|6732|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

some_random_panda wrote:

ozzie_johnson wrote:

well im virgin myself but hey im only 16 and do not play WoW but why you guys always saying you gonna stay virgin till your 20? its not like its a race aint it?. well sure it sucks if youd stay virgin but im nog gonna hurry things..
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6386

Masta_Daco wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

ozzie_johnson wrote:

well im virgin myself but hey im only 16 and do not play WoW but why you guys always saying you gonna stay virgin till your 20? its not like its a race aint it?. well sure it sucks if youd stay virgin but im nog gonna hurry things..
*sigh*

I think most people would agree that 80 was a bit late, no?
Masta_Daco
+39|6732|Amsterdam,The Netherlands

some_random_panda wrote:

Masta_Daco wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

*sigh*

I think most people would agree that 80 was a bit late, no?
yes indeed but its not like dude ur 18!! and u are still a virgin OMG!.. just let it come and if it doenst get your self a protitute.
cMD-RR
+17|6283
one of my friends plays wow and he plays it maybe 12hours a day *sigh* or wait did i say "friend" sawwy
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6653|Australia
One of my mates plays WoW.

He lives a very balanced life. He plays for the Gridiron team for either UWS or USYD (Aussies Universities), goes clubbing and drinking every weekend, focuses on his studies at uni, and shags like there is no tomorrow. All this coming from a guy who has, and will continue to, spent many long hours playing in the World of Warcraft.

My point here...not everyone will fit the negative mould that seems to have formed here. If you enjoy a game, play it, who gives a fuck? Moderation in all things is the key.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6576|Melbourne, Australia.
You guys are retards.
Anyone on BF2s thinks that whoever plays wow is automatically a geek and has absolutely no life at all. No.
Only some people are like that - and I can assure you there would be just as many people like that who play BF2 also.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6651|Brisbane, Australia

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

You guys are retards.
Anyone on BF2s thinks that whoever plays wow is automatically a geek and has absolutely no life at all. No.
Only some people are like that - and I can assure you there would be just as many people like that who play BF2 also.
QFT.

I played WoW for abit, still maintained everything else in my life, except skype which I hadn't done so for about 3 months before and I just started to not play it, it wasn't hard to quit, and the line between quitting and not playing was pretty blurred, when my time ran out, I just didnt buy another card and went on to other things.

And if by "Massive Trees" I'll bet you started as a nelf. Faggot.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712

Sarrk wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

You guys are retards.
QFT.

I played WoW for abit, still maintained everything else in my life, except skype which I hadn't done so for about 3 months before and I just started to not play it, it wasn't hard to quit, and the line between quitting and not playing was pretty blurred, when my time ran out, I just didnt buy another card and went on to other things.

Except that you can play WoW by using your balls, thus WoW requires no skill at all except for clicking the mouse.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6651|Brisbane, Australia

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Sarrk wrote:

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

You guys are retards.
QFT.

Except that you can play WoW by using your balls, thus WoW requires no skill at all except for clicking the mouse.
Way to make a genralisation.

Also, pick up skype more often you krunt.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard