lacha123
+1|6199
Ok straight of, NO I AM NOT GOING BACK TO XP!

So don't suggest it.

Now, onto the real stuff.

I have installed Vista, and have everything working except internet.

I previously used a Netgear WG121 wireless usb adapter to connect to the router at the other end of the house. However, this wireless adapter, it seems, does not have vista drivers.....So, I used another adapter I had lying about, a WG111v2. This does have vista drivers, but just doesn't want to work

It struggles to get a signal at all, and when it does, it says it is connected to both local network and internet via that - but there is no internet at all coming in.

I guess my question is, does anyone know of any vista drivers for the wg121? And does anyone know what I can do to make the other one work.

Thanks mateys!
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6792|Cambridge (UK)
Are you using 32bit Vista or 64bit?

I think (but am not sure) that if you're using 32bit, you can use the XP drivers.
lacha123
+1|6199

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

I think (but am not sure) that if you're using 32bit, you can use the XP drivers.
32 bit

I this works I will love you forever
lacha123
+1|6199

lacha123 wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

32 bit

I this works I will love you forever
no dice

it just opens the netgear program (after the installation) and closes it again. It also doesnt detect the adapter at all
lacha123
+1|6199
YES IT IS WORKING!!

I had to do it manually - go into device manager and then go to "unknown devices" and then properties - install drivers, and point it to the folder they were in.

BUT IT WORKED!!

karma for you my friend!
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6792|Cambridge (UK)

lacha123 wrote:

YES IT IS WORKING!!

I had to do it manually - go into device manager and then go to "unknown devices" and then properties - install drivers, and point it to the folder they were in.

BUT IT WORKED!!

karma for you my friend!
He he. Good old 'manual driver update', or 'poke windows insides with a pointy stick' as I like to call it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard