bigguyhawaii
+1|6451
did anyone read this?  is this new?  i havent seen it before.
to my understanding it still bans aimbots and wall hacks, but i notice that they also ban servers for limiting kits.  such as
pistol, knife, and shock paddles.  also for servers that stop the use of certain weapons like clays, nades. 
it also sounds like you cant stop from attacking uncaps or stealing vehicles.  what do u think?

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … aqid=14865
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6298|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Good. It's the way the game's meant to be played.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Unreal_Insanity
+9|6174
You can make rules based on raping uncaps, since it really doesnt restrict you from using any type of weapon, grenade, claymore or vehicle. Reason: You need to give the other players a chance.

Other than that, I agree with the rest of the stuff!
OmniDeath
~
+726|6653

cowami wrote:

qfe
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6577|Mountains of NC

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6472|meh-land

Unreal_Insanity wrote:

You can make rules based on raping uncaps, since it really doesnt restrict you from using any type of weapon, grenade, claymore or vehicle. Reason: You need to give the other players a chance.
nope, not in any way.  You are, by not allowing uncap raping, keeping people from going to a certain place in the map, which = against ROE

edit: =misreading btw

Last edited by Blehm98 (2007-06-26 19:28:03)

Unreal_Insanity
+9|6174

Blehm98 wrote:

Unreal_Insanity wrote:

nope, not in any way.  You are, by not allowing uncap raping, keeping people from going to a certain place in the map, which = against ROE
Wrong!!! You have the right to have in-house rules such as not allowing uncap raping. Read the rules for yourself.

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to game play behavior or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor or limited restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used, but do not create or promote an environment that would allow abuse of the scoring/award system. Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:
Limiting movement of combat assets, such as Titans, Ships, Aircraft and Vehicles during game play. – Disallowing all aircraft for example is not acceptable.
Disallowing repeated main base camping/attacking of un-captureable bases. However, in such cases, attacking the base with reasonable intent to take out assets (artillery, command outpost or radar) are acceptable
Limiting the use of artillery, or any other single commander asset to a particular region of the map.

Those are some example of the updated rules!! I suggest you do your research before looking that bad kid!

Last edited by Unreal_Insanity (2007-06-26 19:20:43)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6472|meh-land
I'm sorry, but it has always been agaisnt the ROE to prevent UCB raping, but for some reason it is the one thing that EA refuses to say is banned, even though its against ROE.  And how can they allow some inhouse rules but not others?  Again, complete crap.  If some inhouse rules are allowed, then all should be.  EA would make a great government beurocracy, they will take anything and make it as complicated and full of loopholes as humanly possible, and then some
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6701|Calgary

cowami wrote:

Unreal_Insanity
+9|6174

Blehm98 wrote:

I'm sorry, but it has always been agaisnt the ROE to prevent UCB raping, but for some reason it is the one thing that EA refuses to say is banned, even though its against ROE.  And how can they allow some inhouse rules but not others?  Again, complete crap.  If some inhouse rules are allowed, then all should be.  EA would make a great government beurocracy, they will take anything and make it as complicated and full of loopholes as humanly possible, and then some
Dude read it again. If it makes only minor effects its allowed. Other than that its again the ROE!! I agree with you to a certain limit, but by not allowing uncap rape is consider a minor change, in which allows server administrators to manipulate the servers greatness. I will put my server for example.

Its avg. 32 out of 40 due to my in-house rules. If I allowed "Anything goes", it will die and not to many people will come. I have tried implementing "anything goes", but It was a complete failure. People hate it and left disappointed. I do it, because the majority like rules like that and gives them a chance you play and give them some kind of challenge.

You can hate the ROE all you want, but rules are there for a reason.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6639|Washington, DC

The ROE itself says you can allow a no-baserape rule.
-ZS-carpenterbill
+3|6509
EA wont do anything to someone PAYING for a ranked server. Thats why there are tons of ranked pistol/knife/shock servers running, they dont want to lose money therefor those servers will never be shut down. The ROE is a joke, left up to interpretation=do what ever you want your going to any way.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6472|meh-land
what i found interesting is their carefully hidden 'evil look' at high points servers...
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6694|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
rules are ment to be broken
VicktorVauhn
+319|6401|Southern California

Blehm98 wrote:

If Im not mistaken the old ROE went as far as to SPECIFICALY state that dissallowing attacks on the uncap was acceptable...

This one leaves it more vauge, because of this :
"Disallowing repeated main base camping/attacking of un-captureable bases. "
Which could be misconstrued as as meaning that occation attacks are protected.....
However while they say your ALLOWED to have rules against repeated, they no where say that your NOT allowed to have rules against attacking camping it period.

As long as you still allow spec ops to do their thing, I belive a no attacking uncap rule would still fall under
"Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to game play behavior or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server"

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2007-06-26 21:24:55)

j4mi3-k1ll3r
+19|6656|Behind that RPK-74
LoLz.
Just a game ffs. Not some crazy political propaganda So just join a server , Play Spray and Pray. Rules? What fucking rules ?
VicktorVauhn
+319|6401|Southern California

j4mi3-k1ll3r wrote:

LoLz.
Just a game ffs. Not some crazy political propaganda So just join a server , Play Spray and Pray. Rules? What fucking rules ?
yeah but you see how people get about their stats. They pretty much have to,so that when people bitch about getting reset they can point to were they where clearly in violation of whatever rule and shut them up....or at least have a legit reason to stop listening.

They don't want to have to debate stuff like if a glitch is a game exploit or not because it present no advantage, what defines advantage, and so on after the fact with pissed off little internet kids, so rather then being the dick who wipes anyone they suspect they present a clear set of rules....

But thats really for server admins/EA/People getting reset to worry about...
Suicidal
+20|6517
To deny people the option to attack an uncap is lame.

To write such shit as "Only spec ops in uncaps" is a fucking joke.

If I went as a medic/support with the spec ops to med/resupply him as he tried to take out the commander toys and we came under fire am I meant to not fire back??? WTF????

That rule is for fucking idiots!

Arty the Essesx deck FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
fabiator14
+7|6160|Normandy - France
weapons restriction is really stupid. Kick players who are using Claymores has no interest.
But nade spamming sometimes sucks on ucaped bases.
I think it could be a good rule if attacks on uncaped bases are forbidden. example : Karkand USMC or Dragon Valley carrier...
~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~
+16|6498
People will always do what they want.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6704|UK
Jesus what a fuckin mard arse EA is, no one is going to follow these fucked up rules.
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|6324|Newcastle UK
The roe is bullshit, i will preceed to play a GAME the way i want too and not how some fucking nerd at ea or some 12 year old admin tells me.
markzed
+5|6389
If I play Spec Ops, I will hammer the shit out of an uncap.
They only give me a handful of C4 - I have to go back a few times to get the job done.

Someone said to me last night "No attacking uncaps in a vehicle". Pffft - I'm not using to vehicle to kills things, I need it to GET ME THERE.

Having said that, I don't tend to do it when playing any other kits.

SpecOps = Open Season!

Last edited by markzed (2007-07-15 05:33:55)

IrishWind
+4|6719
All the extra rules serves add is bunk.  I like playing commander, and these server rules are a pain.  I like being able to drop arty where ever I feel.  If 8 guys are camping a attack helo spawn point, that should be an easy target.  And for command can't fight, lame.  I can understand not taking aircraft.  But I've benn able to support the ground effort close to the front line while deploying UAVs and arty strikes.  And when there are few players on the server, everyman forward is needed.

Play te game as designed.  And instead of worrying about ROEs, why not take that time and patch it!
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6697|"The Empire"

~[_-=*Hanma*=-_]~ wrote:

People will always do what they want.
Winner!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard