Silentkillr69
+6|6187|Chicago

zedxer wrote:

White-Fusion wrote:

We have bottled water in Scotland, i dont get why. We have the best water in the entire world straight out of the tap.
Over there you guys are lucky. Here in the USA like in Germany when Hitler was in power we are forced to drink fluoride in our water. I do not believe fluoride is in water over there now, it's mostly the US.
also true. We do have fouride in the tap. (chicago).
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6815|The planet Tophet
Tap Water Ftw
bf2gammer
+14|6229
why waste your money on bottled water when tap water is better... some study, i dont remember what, said that tap water is better for you than bottled water
Oscar590
The Canadian
+3|6230|Richmond, BC, Canada
Oh wow....Bush is trying to ban every single thing people use daily he can before he gets out of Office
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6449|A drop house

Oscar590 wrote:

Oh wow....Bush is trying to ban every single thing people use daily he can before he gets out of Office
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/24/bottle … index.html

This has nothing to do with Bush. No, the government isn’t banning bottled water. The Mayor of San Francisco is banning bottled water in San Francisco.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6298|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

I don't know why. I really dislike San Francisco (insert gratuitous chuy compliment here). It's too liberal for my relatively moderate tastes.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6198|Canada

Silentkillr69 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Why not just have more recycling options for water bottles. And, why only water bottles? What about Coke and shit like that?
Cause coke doesnt come out of the tap.......
Imagine a world that did! and walls made out of tasty chocolate, chocolate milk rain.

We would all be obese

Last edited by -=[HL]=-Phatmatt (2007-06-26 21:13:25)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6730|Sydney, Australia

zedxer wrote:

I don't drink my water. It comes from a water treatment center in Pennslvania. My water leaves a black crud out and on my faucet and other places it touches. I 'll be damned before I drink that fluoride waste depot.

Just in case you all are wondering why I am against fluoride it is because it is waste from the manufacturing of aluminum that they just love to dump in our water over here.
Flourite strenghtens your teeth... also, it's is not involved in the manufacturing process of Aluminium (unless the ore is Cryolite).

Dunno what crap you've been fed.

EDIT: That 'black crud' is caused by lots of dissolved minerals in your water. It is mostly Mg and Ca that causes this problem. Flourine is not a mineral...
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6527|Montucky
I was told by my dad never to buy sex or water.

They are both free.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6572|British Columbia, Canada
You guys don't get it.. Bottled water just isn't bad for the Environment because of the garbage it creates, its bad because it has to be shipped in, trucked in, flown in from different places in the world that just contributes to CO2 emissions and such. Why do that when we have invested massive amounts of money in the infrastructure to deliver water right to your taps.

I mean if your really that worried about how it taste, or what is in it, then just get a water filter.

Also consider

In the US, tap water is monitored by the Environmental Protection Agency while bottled water, considered a food product, is monitored by the Food and Drug Administration. A 1999 study by the Natural Resources Defense Council found that the FDA’s regulations for bottled water are often weaker than EPA rules for tap water, and that bottled water is not necessarily any safer than tap water. In testing over 100 brands of bottled water, about one-third exceeded allowable state and industry limits for contaminants such as bacteria and arsenic. The study also found that bottled water regulations allow for some contamination by E. coli or fecal coliform, as opposed to tap-water rules, which prohibit any confirmed contamination of these bacteria.
Even with widespread disinfection, consumer groups have raised numerous warnings about a host of different microorganisms and chemicals that have been found in bottled water. In a four-year scientific study, the NRDC tested more than 1,000 bottles of 103 brands of bottled water. A third of the tested brands were found to contain contaminants such as arsenic and carcinogenic compounds in at least some samples at levels exceeding state or industry standards.
As ABC News put it, Ad campaigns touting spring-fed or glacier-born H2O are winning over a population increasingly skeptical of taps and willing to shell out big bucks for what they consider a purer, tastier and safer drink. The Environmental Law Foundation has sued eight bottlers on the basis that they used words like pure to market water containing bacteria, arsenic and chlorine breakdown products.

Co-op America points out that, in one case, bottled water labeled as Alaska Premium Glacier Drinking Water: Pure Glacier Water from the Last Unpolluted Frontier was actually drawn from Public Water System #111241 in Juneau. The FDA now requires this bottler to add from a municipal source on the label.
One quarter of all bottled water actually originates from the tap, such as purified waters like Pepsis Aquafina and Coca-Colas Dasani (basically tap water cleaned through a reverse osmosis system and bottled locally).
The [bottled water] industry generates 1.5 million tons of polluting plastics each year. Moving large quantities of fresh water from its place of origin contributes to freshwater depletion. Indeed, 25 percent of all water bottled and traded is consumed outside its country of origin. According to a report commissioned by the World Wildlife Federation, the transportation of bottled water, and its related consumption of fossil fuels, is a contributing factor to global warming.

Taste, safety and convenience aside, the plastics surrounding bottled water are highly pollutive. The bottled water industry produces 1.5 million tons of plastic a year but since many US states dont have a deposit system for bottled water containers, the vast majority dont get recycled… And dont think just because you throw something away it disappearsplastics can take up to 1,000 years to biodegrade on land, and 450 years in water.
http://www.mikeslone.org/2003/11/01/0001

Bottled water isn't as good as you think.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard