DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
Unfortunately for some of you, it wasn't the Americans, but instead the Taliban folk.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
Linkey no workey.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6481|Sheffield-England

Stingray24 wrote:

Linkey no workey.
Truey
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

CommieChipmunk
+488|6571|Portland, OR, USA
works for me.

Jesus christ dude.. that's terrible.  People are so ignorant.
too_money2007
+145|6310|Keller, Tx
...militants to trick him into being a suicide bomber provoked tears and anger at a meeting of tribal leaders...
I love how that's in the story's title, picture description, and first paragraph, like we wouldn't believe it really happened. News orgs are gay.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
Wow, how could you try to trick a kid into blowing himself up. I knew they were like, the scum of the earth but...fuck.
The_Mac
+96|6227
Taliban don't deserve to be graced with the term "soldiers"l; murdering bullies is more like it.

Last edited by The_Mac (2007-06-26 11:50:37)

DeadboyUSMC
+65|6700|NCFSU2
Insurgents have also been known to bypass checkpoints by having children in their vehicles, only to detonate the bomb inside of it minutes later.

Yeah... A bunch of douchebags.

Last edited by DeadboyUSMC (2007-06-26 12:24:44)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6347|Twyford, UK
OMG, terrorists are evil! Who'da thunk it?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

I saw this yesterday..
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070625/ap_ … boy_bomber

AP wrote:

Juma said that sometime last month Taliban fighters forced him to wear a vest they said would spray out flowers when he touched a button. He said they told him that when he saw American soldiers, “throw your body at them.”

The militants cornered Juma in a Taliban-controlled district in southern Afghanistan’s Ghazni province. Their target was an impoverished youngster being raised by an older sister — but also one who proved too street-smart for their plan.

“When they first put the vest on my body I didn’t know what to think, but then I felt the bomb,” Juma told The Associated Press as he ate lamb and rice after being introduced to the elders at this joint U.S.-Afghan base in Ghazni. “After I figured out it was a bomb, I went to the Afghan soldiers for help.”…

As [the head of the village] told Juma’s story, 20 Afghan elders repeatedly clicked their tongues in sadness and disapproval. When the boy and his brother were brought in, several of the turban-wearing men welled up, wiping their eyes with handkerchiefs…

Haji Niaz Mohammad, one of the elders at the gathering, said he hoped “God makes the Afghan government strong” so it can defeat the Taliban.

“They are the enemy of Muslims and the enemy of the children,” he said, shaking his fists in anger.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563
Well I certainly find that story very believable.  I mean, since when have politicians lied for political gain?  So if they say it's true, it must be.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
Given the fact that other insurgent groups have used this tactic before, I believe the story quite easily.  I'm sure this kid is far from being the only one exploited by the Taliban.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563
And how often have they tried to trick a kid by telling him to wear a vest that shoots flowers?

They have plenty of kids who'll help them with out being tricked (per se), they don't need to take risks on others.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

They already convince the kids to grab an AK-47 and shoot it at soldiers, I don't see how it'd be much harder to tell them to press a button.
specops10-4
+108|6745|In the hills

Bubbalo wrote:

Well I certainly find that story very believable.  I mean, since when have politicians lied for political gain?  So if they say it's true, it must be.
Did the politicians make up this story?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

Bubbalo wrote:

And how often have they tried to trick a kid by telling him to wear a vest that shoots flowers?

They have plenty of kids who'll help them with out being tricked (per se), they don't need to take risks on others.
They've "taken risks" in Iraq before.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563

Turquoise wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

They've "taken risks" in Iraq before.
Such as?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
Of course you would expect them [Tailban] to deny this. They don't want the full monstrosity of their tactics known.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563
Actually, they'd probably be more concerned about the embarrassment.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Bubbalo wrote:

Yep. Better to look guilty than incompetent. A weak enemy is feared by no one.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
BVC
+325|6697
+1 to the kid!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563

Spark wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

Yep. Better to look guilty than incompetent. A weak enemy is feared by no one.
Other than dumb Westerners, apparently .

I had people.  That's not to say people on these forums.  Or anyone I know.  I hate the masses.  The people who vote in people like John Howard because "OMG TEH TERRORIZERS ARE COMMING!!!!1111!!!111".
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6185|Ireland
Quote:
"As Deciwal told Juma's story, 20 Afghan elders repeatedly clicked their tongues in sadness and disapproval. When the boy and his brother were brought in, several of the turban-wearing men welled up, wiping their eyes with handkerchiefs. "

I couldn't click my tongue while reading the article so I instead made armpit farty noises. 

Remind me again why we didn't just carpet bomb these backward ass people that tend to hate nonMuslims and just can't seem to bring themselves to invest any time or effort in destroying these radical islamic terrorist groups themselves?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563
Wow...........that's........just wow.

You do know that it was the US who brought the Taliban to power in the first place?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard