Suicidal
+20|6507
I did the reading
You may have read it but you didn't understand it did you

Indeed the response time is an indication of rise and fall time of the pixels cause thats the way an LCD monitor works. You are right that it depends how you define response time but defined correctly the response time still determines maximum frame rate.
What are you talking about??
The response time has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the maximum frame rate!!

The graphics card in combination with the rest determines if you can get that frame rate
Any GFX card, even a shitty onboard laptop GFX chip can drive an LCD panel at 1280x1024x60Hz (which is probably what yours is).

In a CRT monitor an electron gun fires at a certain frequency at the fluorescent screen called refersh rate.
Wrong again!
In CRT monitor the HT generated by the final anode pulls electrons from the electron gun through the deflection yolk and onto the phosphor impregnated screen. Once these electrons hit the phosphor it glows (RGB). The refresh rate is the amount of frames per second that the screen shows. For CRT TV devices this standard is 50Hz or 50fps, for computer monitors it can be changed by the GFX card drivers to suit your needs/application.

The LCD montior doesnt work by this concept
No shit Sherlock!
Matryx
+2|6171
You still attack me personally instead of staying on topic and tell me where I am wrong, altho you try with copying a textpart about the CRT-monitor.

If the monitor cant respond fast, it cant show frames fast. Seems logical to me.

The graphics card in combination with the rest determines if you can get that frame rate.
Any GFX card, even a shitty onboard laptop GFX chip can drive an LCD panel at 1280x1024x60Hz (which is probably what yours is).
It can also drive a CRT, but has nothing to do with the topic.

Wrong again!
In CRT monitor the HT generated by the final anode pulls electrons from the electron gun through the deflection yolk and onto the phosphor impregnated screen. Once these electrons hit the phosphor it glows (RGB). The refresh rate is the amount of frames per second that the screen shows. For CRT TV devices this standard is 50Hz or 50fps, for computer monitors it can be changed by the GFX card drivers to suit your needs/application.
It says in other words the same.

No shit Sherlock!
Again personal attack instead of staying on topic.
Suicidal
+20|6507

Matryx wrote:

You still attack me personally instead of staying on topic and tell me where I am wrong, altho you try with copying a textpart about the CRT-monitor.

If the monitor cant respond fast, it cant show frames fast. Seems logical to me.

The graphics card in combination with the rest determines if you can get that frame rate.
It can also drive a CRT, but has nothing to do with the topic.

Wrong again!
It says in other words the same.

No shit Sherlock!
Again personal attack instead of staying on topic.
*Jumps out of 4th floor window*
DrunkenPirate
Rum Baron
+44|6692|Norfolk, England

Holy shit that looks BAD
Fearmesnipers
+41|6444|Wales

Blehm98 wrote:

very ugly, why bother playign with that...
I have it that same. Otherwise i get liek 20FPS.. Why play with 20 FPS when u can play with 35 FPS and the graphics make very little difference when playing. just makes enemies more visable.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6663

Fearmesnipers wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

very ugly, why bother playign with that...
just makes enemies more visable.
Got it in one.
B|ackhawk
+12|6199|Manchester, England
can somebody tell me how to do this?
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6676|Middle of nowhere
ya know, i know that's Quake Wars, but in BF2, if you have everything on low except Geometry on High, then you can see farther than if you have everything on High
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6495|UK , Birmingham

B|ackhawk wrote:

can somebody tell me how to do this?
ya tell plz

also, dont think ur realising gameplay > graphics, id rather play the game than run bout with 10 fps
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California
Id rather run full graphics, with 90 fps then nintendo graphics so I can get an extra 3 kills a game...

Sure you can turn off shadows to make it easier to kill/see people....But if I wanted easy I could play single player.

Every seen ugly neon hacker skins people use? I wouldn't wanna play with those even if it made me #1 on the server. Id much rather have things look amazing then have the game look like trash so I can have better stats.

Gameplay experiance > stats. Granted you should turn the graphics down until you get a playable framerate, but that is not what this thread is about...

Picouz/VoiD wrote:

Lol, I can run it way better than that, it's just a lot easier to hit and see things, it'd be exactly the same playing with rivatuner on tbh.  You all have OBVIOUSLY no idea why it's played like that, that cfg was hosted by somone with 2+ gig of ram and a x1900 lol, it's just there's no point playing with fulll graphics if you want to play a game at top level, you remove all the unnessecary shit, so you can hit more things.

Obviously BF2 is full of people who have no idea like other games Sorry I asked..
The thread is about having lower then nessisary graphics to make the game easier, so you can seem better....Lame. Its a game, play for fun.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2007-06-26 16:26:00)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6629|Washington, DC

Oooh, but vicktor, they don't play ranked, remember? They're too cool for school and too cool for stats

Yeah, honestly, if your computer can't run medium graphics at a decent FPS then you need a new computer. And if you fret so much about every last FPS, maybe you should go outside, get fresh air, do some running.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6390|Southern California

Hurricane wrote:

Oooh, but vicktor, they don't play ranked, remember? They're too cool for school and too cool for stats
I have so much to learn before I can be a top level gamer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard