Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6634
Anyone got one out there?

To make it look like this :-

http://four.fsphost.com/dr3am/qwfps.jpg

That's QUAKE WARS BTW.

I mean by changing picmips etc to make it real smooth, NOT rivatuner, lol.

Thanks, Ben.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6433|meh-land
BF2
renderer.drawfps 1
game.lockfps 0
Lower graphics are better
8600 GTS or better
2GB of RAM or better
Good processor
I can handle like 160 fps just running around in bf2 (without explosives or anything) with 8600 GTS, E6400 processor, 2GB RAM, and BF2 at mostly low with a couple things on medium or high
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

Sorry dude but that looks like shit.
Ricerckt93
+69|6622

Hurricane wrote:

And I thought I was the only one thinking that.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6159|Canada

Ricerckt93 wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

And I thought I was the only one thinking that.
apparently not...
[GSF]AFROPUFF
+7|6510
so funny.........

yeah wonder if dice would release a high reselution texture map pack, for some nifty new vfx considering all the computers are becoming so powerfull and can handle it now ?
geNius
..!.,
+144|6412|SoCal

Hurricane wrote:

https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6735|Cambridge (UK)

geNius wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6632|under there hayousaidunderwear
Why are the graphics so bad?

Last edited by majorassult (2007-06-25 20:53:54)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6433|meh-land
because he turned down graphics to the point wehre he essentially has textureless models with only the basic model color

very ugly, why bother playign with that...
Suicidal
+20|6478

Blehm98 wrote:

I can handle like 160 fps just running around in bf2 (without explosives or anything) with 8600 GTS, E6400 processor, 2GB RAM, and BF2 at mostly low with a couple things on medium or high
Great, even though your LCD monitor has a max refresh rate of 60Hz, that's 60fps to you
rambo43
Banned
+35|6193

Suicidal wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

Great, even though your LCD monitor has a max refresh rate of 60Hz, that's 60fps to you
Dont kill  his e-penor
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6671|Little Rock, Arkansas

Suicidal wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

You're going to make him cry, that's not nice.

I manage to run the game at about 65 fps with everything on full. And somehow, I think I my roomate who's machine runs it at 32 or so has as much fun as you do, if not more. He's just excited to be shooting at things that don't actually shoot back.
=[AUT]-[phoenix]=
+7|6126

Hurricane wrote:

Thats true...buy a new computer ,that canĀ“t be funny to play...
twiistaaa
+87|6638|mexico
the question isn't does it look shit, the question is what type of piece of shit is this guy running to make him want something that looks like that?
Matryx
+2|6142

Suicidal wrote:

An LCD doesnt use the refresh rate of 60 Hz it has to be set cause the graphics card and windows require this setting. LCD monitors work with response times. In Battlefield I have a fps between 100 and 300 at my LCD monitor with a response time of 2ms.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

blisteringsilence wrote:

Suicidal wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

You're going to make him cry, that's not nice.

I manage to run the game at about 65 fps with everything on full. And somehow, I think I my roomate who's machine runs it at 32 or so has as much fun as you do, if not more. He's just excited to be shooting at things that don't actually shoot back.
I just built a new computer, but before I couldn't even run med...

I ignored FPS, and just tweaked the settings until I didn't notice any choppyness. After a while I checked FPS and found it was running at ~30, bogging down to 28 semi often durring bigger games.

Honestly it was fine. Motion is almost completely smooth @ 29 FPS. When you get too hung up on having _____ fps you will be paying way too much attention to every little bit of lag, ect....Objects in game for the most part (especialy for infantry) don't move/change direction fast enough to need more frames to track them.

It is nicer having more, but its really more of a fine polish thing. The only time Ive really noticed problems is watching racing at low FPS, where the camera just doesn't pick up all the subtle transitions.

That being said, read a guide on what the Video settings are. Every system is gonna be different, for instance on my old computer I gained FPS going from normal audio to X-fi Ultra hight. Different settings will stress different parts of your computer so find what ones are important to things like view distance and do what you can to keep them higher.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2007-06-26 03:48:12)

robthemadman
Always blame it on the ping
+63|6306
I don't really get why everyone gets so stresed about crap graphics. I run most things on low, because it speeds the game up for me. Do you really need to be able to see every blade of grass?!

So yeah, if I could be arsed to do that, and it made me have no lag at all, I would run my graphics like that. Even if it does look like Zelda Windwaker
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6634
Lol, I can run it way better than that, it's just a lot easier to hit and see things, it'd be exactly the same playing with rivatuner on tbh.  You all have OBVIOUSLY no idea why it's played like that, that cfg was hosted by somone with 2+ gig of ram and a x1900 lol, it's just there's no point playing with fulll graphics if you want to play a game at top level, you remove all the unnessecary shit, so you can hit more things.

Obviously BF2 is full of people who have no idea like other games Sorry I asked..
Suicidal
+20|6478

Matryx wrote:

Suicidal wrote:

An LCD doesnt use the refresh rate of 60 Hz it has to be set cause the graphics card and windows require this setting. LCD monitors work with response times. In Battlefield I have a fps between 100 and 300 at my LCD monitor with a response time of 2ms.
lol what an idiot!

Every LCD panel will have a max refresh rate. Most of them at this moment in time are 60Hz.
Gone are the days of CRT monitors where you could set the refresh rate at 120Hz and claim you could tell the difference between that and 100Hz (you couldn't you were a liar).

Try setting your graphics card to 100Hz refresh on your LCD.......it wont even let you!!!!

The response time is nothing to to with the refresh rate, the response time is just the rise and fall time for the pixels (Response time =Tr+Tf) and should never be used an an indication of how good your monitor is as all companies try to pull the wool over your eyes by using grey to grey and such measurements to make it seem quicker. Also they will use overdrive function to speed up the response time.

I work in this area and you obviously do not lol

I suggest you do some reading on the subject at least before you come back
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

Picouz/VoiD wrote:

Lol, I can run it way better than that, it's just a lot easier to hit and see things, it'd be exactly the same playing with rivatuner on tbh.  You all have OBVIOUSLY no idea why it's played like that, that cfg was hosted by somone with 2+ gig of ram and a x1900 lol, it's just there's no point playing with fulll graphics if you want to play a game at top level, you remove all the unnessecary shit, so you can hit more things.

Obviously BF2 is full of people who have no idea like other games Sorry I asked..
wow, way to come off like a douche...
Maybe instead of having "No idea" we play games for fun, and would rather have more immersion then an easier game.
Matryx
+2|6142

Suicidal wrote:

Matryx wrote:

Suicidal wrote:

lol what an idiot!

Every LCD panel will have a max refresh rate. Most of them at this moment in time are 60Hz.
Gone are the days of CRT monitors where you could set the refresh rate at 120Hz and claim you could tell the difference between that and 100Hz (you couldn't you were a liar).

Try setting your graphics card to 100Hz refresh on your LCD.......it wont even let you!!!!

The response time is nothing to to with the refresh rate, the response time is just the rise and fall time for the pixels (Response time =Tr+Tf) and should never be used an an indication of how good your monitor is as all companies try to pull the wool over your eyes by using grey to grey and such measurements to make it seem quicker. Also they will use overdrive function to speed up the response time.

I did the reading, you just need to call me an idiot to be right in stead of talking on topic thats already a weak point. Indeed the response time is an indication of rise and fall time of the pixels cause thats the way an LCD monitor works. You are right that it depends how you define response time but defined correctly the response time still determines maximum frame rate. The graphics card in combination with the rest determines if you can get that frame rate.

In a CRT monitor an electron gun fires at a certain frequency at the fluorescent screen called refresh rate. The LCD monitor doesnt work by this concept.

Last edited by Matryx (2007-06-26 04:48:35)

']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

geNius wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Suicidal
+20|6478

Matryx wrote:

Suicidal wrote:

Matryx wrote:

lol what an idiot!

I did the reading, you just need to call me an idiot to be right in stead of talking on topic thats already a weak point. Indeed the response time is an indication of rise and fall time of the pixels cause thats the way an LCD monitor works. You are right that it depends how you define response time but defined correctly the response time still determines maximum frame rate. The graphics card in combination with the rest determines if you can get that frame rate.

In a CRT monitor an electron gun fires at a certain frequency at the fluorescent screen called refersh rate. The LCD montior doesnt work by this concept.

Suicidal wrote:

Matryx
+2|6142

Suicidal wrote:

Matryx wrote:

Suicidal wrote:

lol what an idiot!

In a CRT monitor an electron gun fires at a certain frequency at the fluorescent screen called refersh rate. The LCD montior doesnt work by this concept.

Suicidal wrote:

unwrapping monitors? why not explain why I am wrong?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard