deadlikeme667
+5|6185|MI
thanks a million
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6781|Cambridge (UK)

Hurricane wrote:

imm0rtal wrote:

BF2 pro is just bollocks, its only made for americans, it has less nades and less medic packs etc.

Also It is more accurate, this is because fat americans have fat arms and are lazy to move.
Go eat your crumpets and tea.
Mmmm... Crumpets and Tea...
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6414|6 feet under

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

imm0rtal wrote:

BF2 pro is just bollocks, its only made for americans, it has less nades and less medic packs etc.

Also It is more accurate, this is because fat americans have fat arms and are lazy to move.
Go eat your crumpets and tea.
Mmmm... Crumpets and Tea...
mmmmmmmmmmmm
dynamic.Nick_Burnes
+1|6309|Canada
Normally I can't be bothered to reply to these types of threads because of the massive flaming that goes on from both sides.

BF2PRO is entirely a competition mod, designed and built to enhance the GOOD things about BF2, and negate alot of the BAD and annoying things about the game.It is not a conversion mod like POE2, or Desert Conflict etc, and things were only changes that needed to be changed for a more even balance during matches. ALL of the changes that are currently in BF2PRO were opinionated and voted on by several hundred CAL players over the last couple of seasons, and every change was tested prior to being implemented.

To the people saying BF2PRO takes less skill, download it and come scrim us (Dont bother playing in the ProPub, its generally trash for quality play) BF2PRO absolutely takes more skill than vanilla, with increased accuracy comes much higher recoil/deviation penalties for spraying and praying. In otherwords, the longer you hold down the trigger the higher the bullet spread and recoil is. This means in order to be good you have to aim every shot/bursts of shots or you will be killed every time. One of the biggest problems in vanilla BF2 competition is the incredibly lame spamming and camping, neither of which takes skill. Any idiot can sit in one spot and throw nades at a flag, or pack 5 med packs behind a wall and sit there unharmed for some time. Camping the spawns is ridiculously easy in vanilla as there are hardly any spawns at each flag, and a good player has them all memorized. BF2PRO gives several spawn groups with random spawn points at each flag to prevent spawn camping. As far as choppers go, the most recent changes have been great in keeping the air battles consistent and fun, in order to successfully kill a chopper on the pad you have to hit it more than once, or with TEAMWORK to concentrate fire on the chopper to keep it down, which in turn means you are out numbered on the ground defending flags.

BF2 is a teamwork based game and therefore all of the changes were made to make it MORE team orientated, and even across the board. Teams with better players should generally win 1v1's etc and be rewarded for having a higher level of skill, without most of the BF2PRO changes this doesn't happen, mainly due to the massive cone of fire on most guns.

Personally I love BF2PRO compared to vanilla because it truly takes more skill to do well and your team has to have alot more teamwork in order to actually win. Most of the general "pubbing" population will probably hate BF2PRO, because it takes away alot of the game "crutches" they have come to rely on(Nade spamming, medic pack spamming, overpowered unlocks), but really don't knock it until you have tried it and actually scrimed it.

As far as the which side of the ocean is better, its too hard to tell. For the most part euro clans refuse to play the game our way and call us noobs or "tweakers" for making the game more competitive and fun, which is a shame really because there would be some good matchups. We used to ALL play the way they do, but found something alot better and more competitive to play in a teamwork setting.

Personally I played in ESL for awhile and wasn't impressed, for the most part the teams were rude, very bad and had horrible servers even for euro servers.

Hit me up on xfire=twizlar if anyone has any other questions or whatever.

http://www.teamdynamic.biz/downloads/bf2pro-1.5.zip
ftp://ftp.caleague.com/league_B2/bf2pro-1.5.exe
Anewgirl
+12|6168|Vermont U.S.A

GAIKIWARRIOR wrote:

Does any one know what this is ? My Clan Site is talking about it , different map , default weapons only .
i don't see anything here but. i figured some one here would know what its all about .

did a search for bf2 pro and came up blank so ! is this the next big thing for our beloved BF2 ?

GW
I've had it forever  it  plays well.
It's great practice for bf2 online matches !! You don't use unlocks in matches .
It would be hard to go on a public server , and ask everyone not to use unlocks.
So this works great for that .
I never use unlocks anymore' because I know now they are so very GAY .
My opinion no need to flame all you pub  all stars out there .
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6204|Bay Area, CA
Great post Nick.

I personally can't stand pubbing pro but for good balanced competitive play it can't be beat. When I pub I prefer vanilla, but for comp play I prefer pro.

No one should be flaming it if all they've done is hang out on the pro pub and haven't scrimmed and matched up against other teams while playing pro.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard