usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070625/od_ … isco_water

"Thirsty San Francisco city workers will no longer have bottled water to drink under an order by Mayor Gavin Newsom, who says it costs too much, worsens pollution and is no better than tap water."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Oregon Student Finds School's Toilet Water Cleaner Than Fountain's

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,280 … /education

"The petri dishes with fountain water were swarming with bacteria. The sample from the toilet was clean, probably because the toilets are doused with cleansing chemicals daily"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I wonder how people can justify things.
fitz8402
+10|6612|The Halls of Montezuma
Thats why I only drink from the toilet and dine on urinal cakes. mmm
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6458|The edge of sanity
thats just wrong. I dont see why tey just dont recycle the bottles.
iamangry
+59|6647|The United States of America
LOL.  The thing about bottled water is that they have no quality standards to live up to, for all you know they could be bottling SF tap water and selling it back to you with a 100x mark up.  Seriously though, thats why you don't drink from water fountains ever!
David.P
Banned
+649|6276
Thats San Francisco for ya.
basetballjones
+30|6750
Drivel  AkA Bullshit

First- Toilet water is more germ free than a fountain because it contains high levels of chlorine bleach and quite a few other chemicals that would strip your intestines of bacteria in mere minutes, which would consequently kill you.   Oh, and you would likely go blind if you drank it over the period of a month.

Fountain water, as it leaves the spigot is as clean as any water source, next time, try not rubbing your face on the goddamned parts that other people touch and spit on.
Instructions for usage;  Push the button- sip the water...
not- push button, lick the basin or put your nasty piehole on the spigot.

Secondly- germs are good for people-  Do What??!! Yeah, it's called your immune system.  If the immune system is not constantly challenged by bacteria and germs, it gets weaker- then you have people who die from what should only be a minor infection, simply because their immune system is weakened by all the overly zealous hygienic practices we practice.  Take the flu for example- every year as more and more people get their flu shot, their immune systems get weaker and weaker against the flu, so the one time they don't get their shot and they catch the flu, it rapidly spins out of control into pneumonia..  ask a biologist about immunodeficiency.

And at over $1.00 for 20oz of tap water, i would tell those fuckers to get a damned Igloo or Gott water cooler, strap it to their truck, fill it with ice, and grow a fucking pair of balls already.

Then again, it's california, the same place that enacted CARB (Cali Air Resources Board) to save their air quality- you cannot buy a chainsaw cause it produces too much pollution, but you can sure buy as many cars as you can afford.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

"All of this waste and pollution is generated by a product that by objective standards is often inferior to the quality of San Francisco's pristine tap water," according to the order.
They mean that by not drinking their tap water, people aren't imbibing their neural pacification formula. Sounds like a bad sci-fi to me.
The_Mac
+96|6227
What a juvenile mayor. How about he quits giving handouts to bums, and then he'll be able to give working peeps good equipment?
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6598|Michigan, USA
Bottled water only drinkers piss me off, many tests have shown the in some alot of cases tap water is just as clean as bottled water, if not cleaner, yet much cheaper.  Bottled Water sucks, I drink the suckers and refill them with tap shove them in the fridge, waters water.  Screw the workers, not gonna drink tap?  Dehydrate yourselves or buy your own, why should the city supply it, they supply you with a paycheack, take cost of bottle water out of their pay.

Last edited by r2zoo (2007-06-25 20:44:57)

-=CB=-krazykarl
not always PWD, but usually.
+95|6538|Carlsbad, CA, USA

basetballjones wrote:

Drivel  AkA Bullshit

First- Toilet water is more germ free than a fountain because it contains high levels of chlorine bleach and quite a few other chemicals that would strip your intestines of bacteria in mere minutes, which would consequently kill you.   Oh, and you would likely go blind if you drank it over the period of a month.

Fountain water, as it leaves the spigot is as clean as any water source, next time, try not rubbing your face on the goddamned parts that other people touch and spit on.

Secondly- germs are good for people-  Do What??!! Yeah, it's called your immune system.  If the immune system is not constantly challenged by bacteria and germs, it gets weaker- then you have people who die from what should only be a minor infection, simply because their immune system is weakened by all the overly zealous hygienic practices we practice.  Take the flu for example- every year as more and more people get their flu shot, their immune systems get weaker and weaker against the flu, so the one time they don't get their shot and they catch the flu, it rapidly spins out of control into pneumonia..  ask a biologist about immunodeficiency.

And at over $1.00 for 20oz of tap water, i would tell those fuckers to get a damned Igloo or Gott water cooler, strap it to their truck, fill it with ice, and grow a fucking pair of balls already.

Then again, it's california, the same place that enacted CARB (Cali Air Resources Board) to save their air quality- you cannot buy a chainsaw cause it produces too much pollution, but you can sure buy as many cars as you can afford.
i used to not like you cause you base rape like a bitch. but that is all game play not intellectualism, methinks i appreciate you.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6652|Keyboard

basetballjones wrote:

Drivel  AkA Bullshit

This guy should be in charge of SF. Fucking nice.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6701|NCFSU2
San Francisco tap water is the shit, what's the problem?

Last edited by DeadboyUSMC (2007-06-25 22:44:19)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6563
Drinking bacteria isn't necessarily a bad thing.  It builds up resistance, for one.

Also, I'd bet good money that Melbourne has nicer tap water than San Fran.  But again, that isn't necessarily a good thing.  Lots of Melbournians have stomach problems when travelling.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard