MeanMachine77
+25|6296
Maybe. But sniping is my calling...
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6613|Michigan, USA
Eh, jsut inore what people say, youpayed your money for your game, play how you like, let the pointwhoring medics and vehicles campers cry your not a team player.  Play how you enjoy, be it sniper, medic, vehicles, whatever, wht let other tell you how to play.
Suicidal
+20|6525
Surely the aim of the sniper is to prone in a good spot and take people out??

Some of you attack snipers need to learn how to counter snipe instead of clay rushing flags as it would help your team much more.
BOURBON-USMC-
Eff nuggets!!!
+6|6403
i find myself aways running around, either with my squad or without...even as a sniper. Im just too impatient to just sit in one spot and try to pick people off. Eff that... i needs to be in the action. Funny whenever i play sniper the most kills i get is with the knife. 0_o
icecreamgod
+13|6182
yeah man in all honesty... all kits are fair. people who whine and say certain classes are too cheap or what not are just people who suck. every class is a vital element to a team. if you took off sniper off the MEC and left it on the USMC, the MEC would have some serious issues. so what i am saying is, play each class the way you want to, and there should be no looking down upon any class (because they were all put in the game for a reason).
David.P
Banned
+649|6290
Boots has a valid point. When i snipe i try to help my team as much as possible, But if they are fucktards i point whore, If it's a shitty map where there are other point whoring snipers i will take my m95 and counter snipe them and snipe their teammates.

If i'm on Ghosttown(Which i usually am) I fuck around alot, Noone on Ghost plays as a team or squad so i point whore with my ak-74u or g36k in the tower shooting at convoy, In any vanilla map it's the exact opposite, I take my G3 and take the role of marksmen, Aiding my team in anyway possible. On Mashtuur from Mosque i got 20 kills in a row by sniping the enemy snipers, They thought i was cheating and such.

There are many kinds of sniper i am a point whore on SF and a teamplayer on Vanilla.
{Sn][per} Sumguy666
+1|6200|Calgary AB Canada
i do what needs to be done. if im near a flag with no enemies around ill cap it, if im SL ill hang back and be a spawnpoint, if theres a friendly squad commin ill provide cover and be a spotter, if its an enemy squad ill shoot one making the rest dispurse, although theres usually at least 1 medic so he isnt dead for long, but it still give's me some time to call for back up or give enough time for help to arrive. clays, ill use one for flag defense, the other for personal defense. if im needed on the front line ill go, ill even pick up another kit.

guess its all in the perspective of the person on what a sniper is. what one person thinks is teamplay isnt in someone elses eyes. like me, i think jetpilots are all in it for them selves. you only see them bomb a flag if they are near enough to it. otherwise all they do is fly over the runway, reload, and try and bomb a lone runner in the middle of nowhere when there is a whole armoured convoy to the right. or
kinda like how a commander will arty 1 lone sniper while 8 guys are capping a flag 100 meters away. (yes it has happened to me, a commander has actually wasted 3 artys on me in a row, didnt even kill me, plus at least 5 uavs just on me, all the while my teammates capped 2-3 flags.)

i dont think thats teamplay at all. but someone out there does. all we can do is live with each other.

still no matter anyone says, ill always be a sniper, unless i choose otherwise.
TGMaverick
+16|6247
I mostly play Karkand i/o (puts on flame-retardant suit) - sometimes as a sniper.  When I do play as a sniper, and I'm on the MEC side, I play defense, usually guarding the East wall down near train.  I also sometimes cover the west hills...but I always let the enemy come to me.  Now, when I'm a sniper on USMC, I help the squad by taking out those snipers on MEC who are waiting to ambush the assaulting force.

I may not get many points for this, but I am helping the team.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6575|Hungary
Then im the point whore type
dill13
+67|6210

i play sniper mostly on io ghost town i run to the closest spawn where you get helicopters when you play vehicals. then if i cant cap the other one i sit in defence of the one i capped until my team takes the other one. if we have both of them and convoy if it turns white i go in there pistol drawn you would be suprised how many people you can kill with your pistol this way without getting shot at(silenced pistol pwnes). so i effectively defend three flags with one person for most of a round how is that not being a team player.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6643|Canada
when i snipe, which is about 40% of the time, i stick with my squad, sometimes i sqout ahead to make sure the path is clear. or i cover them while they are capping a flag. i have never had a complaint from someone in my squad about me not being a teamplayer while being sniper.
WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6268|Spacetime

kingofkolt wrote:

I can't keep up with what kits are looked down upon as noobish/stat-padding-ish/etc. It seems everybody has a problem with one particular kit/weapon or another. I split my time about 50/50 between sniper and medic. I NEVER, under ANY circumstances, plant claymores, simply because I have suffered through far too many teamkills caused by some dumbass with a claymore. My mouse's battery cover has popped off on a number of occasions due to my throwing/slamming it after a claymore teamkill. I FUCKING HATE CLAYMORES!
Three words: Friendly Fire Off
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6480|meh-land
I'll do whatever i feel like.  I fell like sitting in one spot getting kill after kill, i will.  This is generally what i do when i can't take grenade spam anymore

I also tend to play a lot though where i lead the flag rushes, pistol headshots FTW
abbamama
+3|6659|Andromeda
I think using claymore to defend CP helps team.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6463|Chicago, IL

WinterWayfarer wrote:

kingofkolt wrote:

I can't keep up with what kits are looked down upon as noobish/stat-padding-ish/etc. It seems everybody has a problem with one particular kit/weapon or another. I split my time about 50/50 between sniper and medic. I NEVER, under ANY circumstances, plant claymores, simply because I have suffered through far too many teamkills caused by some dumbass with a claymore. My mouse's battery cover has popped off on a number of occasions due to my throwing/slamming it after a claymore teamkill. I FUCKING HATE CLAYMORES!
Three words: Friendly Fire Off
Yeah, every NON-I/O server has mine FF off, where are you playing?
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6599|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
The only bad thing about snipers is everyone thinks they can be one and help the team.  While it is nice to have 3-4 snipers on a 32 person team, anything more means they are just hitting the same targets when we could have an extra AT, which you can always use.
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6442|Browntown
I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have  a point whore sniper on my team at this point in BF2's life. Considering Kark is home to the most snipers, it'd be better to have someone mining the entrances to important areas and what not, definatley better than a sniper who sits there at spots things and kills 1 person every round.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6463|Chicago, IL

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather have  a point whore sniper on my team at this point in BF2's life. Considering Kark is home to the most snipers, it'd be better to have someone mining the entrances to important areas and what not, definatley better than a sniper who sits there at spots things and kills 1 person every round.
Karkand...................................................................
don't get me started, that map was ruined by the addition of I/O.

one or two snipers watching for the lone flag capper is always a good thing, but when you have 28 snipers on your team, then it gets kinda crappy.

You should never have more snipers than flags.
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6442|Browntown

S.Lythberg wrote:

one or two snipers watching for the lone flag capper is always a good thing, but when you have 28 snipers on your team, then it gets kinda crappy.

Dude, I've actually told people on my team that before . I've joined Karkand server where there were 22 snipers on the team, and they were all the type that would sit on the factory roof, it made me want to choke someone.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6463|Chicago, IL

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Dude, I've actually told people on my team that before . I've joined Karkand server where there were 22 snipers on the team, and they were all the type that would sit on the factory roof, it made me want to choke someone.
until some poor soul decides to cap the flag.

He'll think a blackhawk is shooting at him....
<SharpShot>
chronic gamer
+17|6336|Canadia

aj0405 wrote:

climbing up onto a tall building and laying claymores around yourself doesn't make you a teamplayer.actually joining a squad and sticking with them while helping them cap flags along the way is being a team player.snipers are looked down upon because they are unable to do this unless they are using the semi-autos or are very skilled with a pistol.the majority of the BF2 community opts to use the bolt actions and stay hundreds of meters away from the battle,thus making them useless for their team other than being arty bait.
im always in a squad giving long range cover to squadmates trying to complete thier objectives
RD_The_Dog
+87|6553
Im useful to my squad and my team as a sniper, because i kill LOTS, I defend flags LOTS, and i do cap flags.  Sniper for me is actually more "ranged assault" than "sniper"
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6442|Browntown
Honestly though, I don't mind all these snipers in I/O anymore, once you learn to avoid the places where claymores are frequently dropped, it's a lot of fun to see them hopping around shooting at you with thier pistols while you blast them with your G3/weapon of choice.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6463|Chicago, IL

Inspect@hDeck wrote:

Honestly though, I don't mind all these snipers in I/O anymore, once you learn to avoid the places where claymores are frequently dropped, it's a lot of fun to see them hopping around shooting at you with thier pistols while you blast them with your G3/weapon of choice.
SRAW, not even a medic can save you now!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard