stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6488|Sheffield-England
My Dad's stuck on top of his office building in brightside

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, … 42,00.html

Bolocks man...

A British Summer... Sheesh

Added videos

Last edited by stkhoplite (2007-06-26 11:15:24)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6771

Get a life jacket.

Hope your dad is ok.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2007-06-25 13:41:56)

stkhoplite
Banned
Turn on Sky News now....

maxwell777
+27|6275|Doncaster, UK
Ah! Hope your dad gets down soon!

Its been a pretty wet day here in UK especially South Yorkshire, I live not far away, in Doncaster and my school had to close due to flooding and leaking roofs! lol
too_money2007
+145|6317|Keller, Tx
Did the dam to Beaverton break? Damn dams.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6354|Twyford, UK
I live on top of a hill. If it eases off tomorrow, I plan to go laugh at the peons living in floodplains.

Otherwise, I'm just gonna hole up and play videogames all day. No point in working if it's pissing it down; if I can't be bothered to get up, nobody will be bothered to buy stuff.
Gfinners
+17|6312|Cornwall, England
It's been dry here in Cornwall, weird cause Devon (Cornwall's next door county) got a lot of rain today, Good luck for your dad.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6403|The Gem Saloon
why dont you go and help some of your countrymen sandbag or something?
Skorpy-chan
+127|6354|Twyford, UK
Because it's not my fault they bought/rented a house on a floodplain.

Why didn't you go help people out of new orleans after the hurricane?
Parker
isteal

Skorpy-chan wrote:

not my state.......but hey in 1993 when st louis flooded i went and helped the "peons" sandbag so they wouldnt lose everything they own.
silly "peons" for buying/renting a house in a bad location.
if only everyone was as educated as yourself.........then we would all live on hills and "look down on the peons".
does your shit stink bro?

edit: you really have some issues man. you come into a thread where the poor dude is talking about his dad being stuck on a roof because of flood waters, and you act so high and mighty.

i have really changed my views on you, it might not matter to you, but know this......you will never know why or when it was, but i had your back about something i felt was wrong.....in hindsight i shouldnt have done shit, you deserve whatever life throws at you.

Last edited by Parker (2007-06-25 15:58:42)

Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6472|Tyne & Wear, England
Most of North East England tends to avoid floodwaters, so I am one of the lucky ones.  I really feel for those who suffer from it year in year out though.  Sucks when it is an inevitability that their house is going to be flooded and theres nothing they can do about it.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6262|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Most of North East England tends to avoid floodwaters, so I am one of the lucky ones.  I really feel for those who suffer from it year in year out though.  Sucks when it is an inevitability that their house is going to be flooded and theres nothing they can do about it.
Yeah but look on the bright side chum. At least our stats are back........WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6456|Boulder, CO
Most of north west england too, hell i live in an area thats known for being flat but because of the penines on one side and ireland on the other alot of the water's lost there so it never floods here, bad side is though it doesn't snow here properly ever.
PureFodder
+225|6294
I'm very glad to be living on the top of a hill at the momnet. Those years of walking up and down it every day don't seem so bad any more.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6684|Canberra, AUS
Damn.

We had almost exactly the same thing happen in Newcastle/Hunter Valley (north of Sydney) just last week.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6711|Little Rock, Arkansas

Parker wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

not my state.......but hey in 1993 when st louis flooded i went and helped the "peons" sandbag so they wouldnt lose everything they own.
if only everyone was as educated as yourself.........then we would all live on hills and "look down on the peons".
I DID go to Katrina.

And to Parker, I was sandbagging alongside the  National Guard in '93 too. I was on the south end of the city, working on the levees around River des Peres. We had the primary break, the secondary break, and managed to hold the bitch back at the tertiary, but that sucker did some damage. Our sandbags were 50' above the levee at some places.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6747|The Hague, Netherlands

the weather really sucks here too atm, like 2 days rain. probably for another 4 days
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
You guys suck. Get a flood barrier like we have. Bloody Northerners!

So what happened to your dad?
Parker
isteal

blisteringsilence wrote:

Parker wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I DID go to Katrina.

And to Parker, I was sandbagging alongside the  National Guard in '93 too. I was on the south end of the city, working on the levees around River des Peres. We had the primary break, the secondary break, and managed to hold the bitch back at the tertiary, but that sucker did some damage. Our sandbags were 50' above the levee at some places.
that was a real hairy time man.
i look back on it as a good memory, but that was some rough shit.
i was down at Kimmswick trying to save all the historic homes....we only lost two, and ya we had some breaches as well, but not that big. just enough to give all of us a scare.

either way, im glad people like you and i are here, and not some wierd reject kid who thinks he doesnt owe anyone shit....not even help when they need it.
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.
Not too bad here, Sheffield was meant to be hit the worst.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6577|Mountains of NC

my only advice :

https://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l236/bcassets/evan%20almighty/evanalmighty8.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6483|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
My dad rang up saying his van was under 6 feet of water, so thats been swept away, and he was walking through deep water upto his chest. Hes going on holiday on saturday to cornwall and was planning to use that van, so fuck knows what hes gona do now...his car aint big enough :S
stkhoplite
Banned

Mekstizzle wrote:

You guys suck. Get a flood barrier like we have. Bloody Northerners!

So what happened to your dad?
Stayed over night.

Had to walk through 2 ft of rain out of work
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6639|Washington, DC

Since when does it rain in England?

Anyways, I'll yell at my cousin Flood to take her fucking valiums. I'm the only one in the family who tends to control himself. Typhoon and Tornado are just reckless fools though.
too_money2007
+145|6317|Keller, Tx
Can't your dad swim? Tell him to bail and come home.

/the end

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard