cow_with_a_gun_573
+0|6252
Maybe it's just the servers I play on but I find USMC winning quite a lot, almost as much as PLA

I find that if people don't get a vehicle (excepting the J10 of course...there is ALWAYS people hanging bout on the runway!!!) then they will try and do something productive for the team.

This is in general, theres always a few exceptions on each server.

And random quote from some thread I remember seeing a while ago "The best way to have a good round on Wake Island is to avoid all vehicles spawns completely".
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6569
I say they need to add shoulder fired stingers like in 1942.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6463|USA
repost the screenshot.. it went over the bandwidth limit
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6532|the Netherlands
yeah ! i like being commander on Wake
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6532|the Netherlands
hey who was that guy in the gaysquad at kubra ? +1 Karma back m8 that where some good rounds we played =EE= killer server

yeah i remmember you
cow_with_a_gun_573
+0|6252

rawls2 wrote:

Agreed. It makes helicopters so vulnerable. (Good for infantry, sucks if you're a pilot though).

But then again...A good ATer can do almost as good a job with his SRAW.
Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6686|respawn screen
The Carrier should spawn both Blackhawks together (like Dalian). But that doesn't fix your problem. Even if USMC has capped 4 flags half ot the team keeps spawning on the carrier.

Wake Island can be easily won as USMC. It's like every other map. Cap the flag that spawns the most effective vehicles and defend it. While doing so, the rest of your team can capture the other flags.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6537|Belgium

what about decreasing spawn time of the f35b and the heli's.
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6592|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
The reason they don't win because in 1942 there was no radar.  Now there is so any Blackhawk can be easily spotted and shot down and the j-10s dominate.  End of story.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6628
if half the team didn't try to get the jet or cobra and actually used the boats there would be a better chance of winning
VicktorVauhn
+319|6401|Southern California
I've found servers with a no base rape rule that's enforced tend to have pretty fair rounds on wake.

Well, wanna be pilots can still mess it up a bit, but on a good server the map isn't so one side. Infact on the NSDQ server I used to play on a lot the USMC often won.

USMC tends to only have no chance when the carrier is getting RAPED, or when they refuse to leave it. Otherwise the map isn't TOO inbalanced.

Or you can just install another copy of BF2 and play wake without patching. There is a 24/7 wake server that is almost always full.
Ultimatrox
+38|6242|Netherlands
If USMC would just have like 10 boats they would always win because we all know : Rib>All
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6446|Brisbane, Australia
I think the main things that should be added should be APC's and anti-air tanks.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6632|EU

Samtheman53 wrote:

USMC do win sometimes.
and quite often if bf2s EU squad is on USMC side... many times we had a situation where round was nearly to end and then we outcapped all chineese flags in a several minutes and round ended like 5-0 or 17-0 those are the moments to remember. teamwork!
LT.Victim
+1,175|6572|British Columbia, Canada

legionair wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

USMC do win sometimes.
and quite often if bf2s EU squad is on USMC side... many times we had a situation where round was nearly to end and then we outcapped all chineese flags in a several minutes and round ended like 5-0 or 17-0 those are the moments to remember. teamwork!
Ah.. I love those rounds...

But what about when you cap out all the flags like you just said, and you cant find the last guy before the tickets run out and china still wins.. All that work for nothing.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6632|EU

LT.Victim wrote:

legionair wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

USMC do win sometimes.
Ah.. I love those rounds...

But what about when you cap out all the flags like you just said, and you cant find the last guy before the tickets run out and china still wins.. All that work for nothing.
hmm... well we have commander for that (Mike) and mostly that last guy is always in a jet trying to rack up some more points before losing a round then he bails out and get smashed in da face
cow_with_a_gun_573
+0|6252
I don't think Wake needs anymore vehicles or modifications

It's a well balanced map already.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6738|Louisiana

>>SUPR3MACY<< wrote:

I'll tell u why USMC mostly looses on Wake: people dont use their brains. usmc has the advantage to outcap the chinese. take a jet, be a SL and paradrop on airfield, tell ur squad members to spawn and take the airfield. Do that with both jets, so 2 SL + 10 squad members. Simple.
Yeah, good luck getting people on a pub to do that.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6207|Winland

Magius5.0 wrote:

Two words: Vehicle...Whores.  Even if you add half a dozen choppers, people're just gonna scramble, M95, and C4 for the vehicles.
Indeed... Some days ago I made the lamest TK-for-vehicle ever... TK for RIB, just because the stats server is down XD
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6207|Winland

cow_with_a_gun_573 wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Agreed. It makes helicopters so vulnerable. (Good for infantry, sucks if you're a pilot though).

But then again...A good ATer can do almost as good a job with his SRAW.
Do I smell a little cowami here?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
mauirixxx
+1|6685|Kihei, Maui (hawaii yo!)
on our server, we DO have a no attack the uncap rule with jets/choppers/armor (anything else can, all day long if they wanted to) - so when Wake rotates in, the USMC actually has a fighting chance, unless the PLA actually gets a J-10 that can shoot EVERYTHING, which lately seems kinda rare.

More often then not, I've been seeing the USMC winning. The F-35s just machine gun the J-10's on the runway all day long, the Cobra TV's any armor and the PLA attack chopper, and when the PLA get backed into one flag, I'll fly the cobra in around in the cirlce of death, watching my gunner rack up the kills, while praying the F-35s don't ram me while on a bombing run ... lol.
shadowkila
+26|6419|Canada
It's a great idea.....I would shoot all three down before they reach land!
<SharpShot>
chronic gamer
+17|6329|Canadia

=[AUT]-[phoenix]= wrote:

I think some "Littlebirds"would be more effective.....on wake i would be sooooo much more fun....

But with 5 seats....(transport only)
hells yes little byrd ftw
IrishWind
+4|6719
I always wondered what EA/Dice was thinking when the designed this map.  Marines using RHIBs and helos only to get troops to the beach???  They need two LAVs in USS ESSEX, or an LCAC to take an M1A2 to the beach.  Arty Island is a joke.  They could have created a ship to look like a SPRUANCE Class destroyer where the Japs had a destroyer in BF1942.  That ships has a blackhawk, two RHIBS, and the arty and an air defence phalanx/Sea Sparrow like ESSEX has.   Decentralize the spawn points for the PLA toys, so losing the airfield isn't a death sentance.  And let the PLA have another tank or APC for balance.

But like others here have stated, the map is balanced if the Marines start capping and holding flags.  Once the USMC grabs the airfield, the PLA is at a serious disadvantage.

One last item, why did EA/Dice keep the map the same as in BF1942?  The island has been built up in 60 years.

Last edited by IrishWind (2007-06-26 06:51:06)

Suicidal
+20|6518

>>SUPR3MACY<< wrote:

I'll tell u why USMC mostly looses on Wake: people dont use their brains. usmc has the advantage to outcap the chinese. take a jet, be a SL and paradrop on airfield, tell ur squad members to spawn and take the airfield. Do that with both jets, so 2 SL + 10 squad members. Simple.
Simple for you or I but teh problem is the 5 players in your squad are all simple and want to M95 snipe from the small island for the entire game even though they always end up getting reamed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard