Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

Flecco wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

SASR are trained BETTER than Delta Force.
Actually no...

Delta boys only go from the order from the president, and no one else. SAS is pretty good compared to other branches of SF in the US army... But not delta.
Source please. From here on in any comparison of special forces units and their training must have sources provided for your info that is verifiable, be it in book or hyperlink form.

Stop pulling shit out of your arses or saying "well I heard from some guy..." because it's all hearsay. It's not debate, it's dickswinging, it's not serious talk either unless you all start backing up your fucking statement.
I was talking to a guy down in the pub who said the Irish Rangers are the best.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6446|Australia.

Pubic wrote:

Heres what really happened:

The RAN crew were hooning round in their boats (retrofitted with Commodore engines) after having a few and decided to go get pissed on the cargo boat.  After a few boxes of VB and XXXX were gone, the Iranians came alongside and said the Aussies had to leave Iranian waters.  The Aussies knew the real motivation was "we can't get pissed or eat pork, lets spoil their fun" and started throwing bottles at the Iranians while telling them to fuck off.  After that was done they finished off the last of the beer and meat, and went back to base.
Lol.

Then some Kiwi's rocked up, and challenged us Aussies to a game of cricket. But,  some doods from Pakistan sail up and they're like "Yo, what up, fancy some cricket ol' boy?".
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6762

Flecco wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

mcminty wrote:

But they are part of the Australian "regular army".
So is Delta Forces.  Doesn't mean an Army grunt is as well trained as Delta.
I thought Delta Forces was attached to SOCOM or what ever and was a "special" force...

1st RAR are a regiment of soldiers deployed in the same way as any other Australian Force.
They are still part of the Army.  You have to be in the "regular" Army to get into Special Forces.  All the other terms you guys use are just Pentagon rubbish. 

Special Forces = Better trained and equipped regular Army grunt.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6291|Éire

usmarine2005 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

So is Delta Forces.  Doesn't mean an Army grunt is as well trained as Delta.
I thought Delta Forces was attached to SOCOM or what ever and was a "special" force...

1st RAR are a regiment of soldiers deployed in the same way as any other Australian Force.
They are still part of the Army.  You have to be in the "regular" Army to get into Special Forces.  All the other terms you guys use are just Pentagon rubbish. 

Special Forces = Better trained and equipped regular Army grunt.
A guy I used to work with done several years service in the US special forces and said there was nothing spectacular about them.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

Flecco wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

SASR are trained BETTER than Delta Force.
Actually no...

Delta boys only go from the order from the president, and no one else. SAS is pretty good compared to other branches of SF in the US army... But not delta.
Source please. From here on in any comparison of special forces units and their training must have sources provided for your info that is verifiable, be it in book or hyperlink form.

Stop pulling shit out of your arses or saying "well I heard from some guy..." because it's all hearsay. It's not debate, it's dickswinging, it's not serious talk either unless you all start backing up your fucking statement.
The problem is; when it comes to talking about any countries' Special Forces, it becomes a 'dickswinging' contest: no matter what. Not enough information is known about the training/operations of any SF unit to warrant any being better than the other.

I just like to say the Aussie SASR are the best because it sparks factless debates over which is better.

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-06-25 07:58:24)

namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6300

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Tougher because they're descended from the ones that survived a life of crime, long periods in jail, a months-long trip to the other side of the goddamn world. and being dumped in a featureless desert and told to set up a colony.
Oh, and then they offered tracts of land to WW2 veterans when they were suddenly out of a job.

So, really, natural selection means that aussies ARE some of the toughest people on the planet. The fact that australia is mostly desert also means that they're everywhere.
No matter where you go, there's always a bunch of aussies there first. And they're probably drunk, too.
Go fucking Aussie's!!!
It's hard out here in the bush..but we are surviving..
When i dug my hole to take a dump, a redback bit me..
But thats nothing compared to yesterdays croc westling...
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6230|NSW, Australia

Skorpy-chan wrote:

, a months-long trip to the other side of the goddamn world
6 months

my great grandmother came over when she was 6 in 1923, took 6 months on a naval vessel ( i cant remember the name) HMS something

ghettoperson wrote:

Knowing the Aussies, I would imagine it involved liberal usage of 'fuck' and 'cunts'.

Fuckin' Cunts

Edited for truth

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard