My computer struggles to run it, let alone with fraps running
Still a newb
I prefer the Strogg (scary aliens)

enjoy!

if anyone's done some beta footage (gettit) you could post it here
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6536|Northern Ireland
Ill make one, i can run all on high with AA x16 so ill see what i can do, but tbh i dont have a clue what im at, im still not sure how to know your against an enemy or not
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6193

acsman50 wrote:

im still not sure how to know your against an enemy or not
enemies come up as red
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6560|Scotland
I got it, but dont like it.
Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6336|Brussels, Belgium
Nice video, I liked it and made me want buy the game. Did you experienced intense bunny hopping as others have said or not ?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6465|The edge of sanity

Lost Hope wrote:

Nice video, I liked it and made me want buy the game. Did you experienced intense bunny hopping as others have said or not ?
Bunny hopping + major balancing issues
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

Lost Hope wrote:

Bunny hopping + major balancing issues
Please elaborate on the balance issues.

If the game is like that all the time I think I'll pass.
Fosterthelegend
:)
+97|6624|Kent, UK

Lost Hope wrote:

yes...but I don't mind the bunnyhopping
It's good because it's different to bf2, and that's why i think a lot of people don't like it
tbh in most games i really don't care about the graphics, as long as i can see what I'm shooting at and it's not a coloured sqaure, it's good enough

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

strogg might be slightly overpowered, but major? no, otherwise the other team wouldn't win, which they do. the balancing issue is half the players want to work as a team and the other half couldnt give a shit.

also if there are any 'splitters fans out there, I recommend this greatly

Last edited by Fosterthelegend (2007-06-25 11:20:19)

Raphi
Banned
+354|6267|Basel, Switzerland

White-Fusion wrote:

I got it, but dont like it.
Fucking, GIVE ME YOUR KEY
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6465|The edge of sanity

Fosterthelegend wrote:

Lost Hope wrote:

yes...but I don't mind the bunnyhopping
It's good because it's different to bf2, and that's why i think a lot of people don't like it
tbh in most games i really don't care about the graphics, as long as i can see what I'm shooting at and it's not a coloured sqaure, it's good enough

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

strogg might be slightly overpowered, but major? no, otherwise the other team wouldn't win, which they do. the balancing issue is half the players want to work as a team and the other half couldnt give a shit.

also if there are any 'splitters fans out there, I recommend this greatly
The strogg walker needs to be fixed either increased ROF or a little faster movement. Infantry weapons feel nerfed as it takes a whole clip to kill people sometimes. Strogg railgun sucks compared to the GDF sniper rifle (amazing fucking gun). Some of the bigger weapons (liike missles) feel a bit overpowered when it comes to balance.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6580|USA
this game was not ready for beta. it has serious object clipping errors (walk to close to something and surprise! you're stuck and fucked!) the sniper scope needs a fucking crosshair, and there needs to be some way to combat the wiggle. prone is joke, you cant move once you're in it. spawn camping is easy as shit, just go up on teh mountains. it may also be me but i miss many shots, even when i'm five feet awy from a stationary target and fully scoped while firing directly at the chest. knife doesn't work too well either.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6403|The Gem Saloon
amen ender....its like playing with legos.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6580|USA

Parker wrote:

amen ender....its like playing with legos.
couldn't have said it better myself.
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6492|P-way, NJ
I think that the aliens things weapons suck compare to the humans. But the aliens have fly dromes and can fly into the air will humans dont have anything like that.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6579|United States
So far I'm not impressed with the overall gameplay of this one, and my opinion has nothing to do with the fact that it's a beta version (We all know beta versions suck).

Pro's:
- Very indepth. Each class has a wide range of things they can do
- Visually very nice
- Extremely fast paced - you can sprint and jump all over the place (If you like that sort of thing)
- Nice variety of weapons (Especially the little drones you can throw into the air, then steer into a group of enemies and detonate)
- Ingame abilities (Like turning corpses into spawn points, etc.)

Con's:
- Extremely fast paced - you can sprint and jump all over the place (If you hate that sort of thing)
- Those hoping it will be a game similar to BF2 and BF2142 are in for a surprise
- There's almost too much shit going on at once
- Extreme balancing issues with both armies
- Weapons are very inaccurate and it takes nearly an entire clip to bring down one person
- Vehicles are sluggish, slow, and underpowered
- Way too many ingame messages flashing up on the screen
- The sounds are a little much and not very accurate (Hoping that is just the beta version though... lacking EAX, etc.)

This is just a small list of what I've experienced so far. As of right now, I'm not that impressed by the game.
Fosterthelegend
+97|6624|Kent, UK
I agree with the people who say there are problems.... the prone and the vehicles could be improved a bit. But I disagree that you need a whole clip to kill someone and even if you do...taht's why you've got another one and one of the classes has ammo bags...in bf2 often you don't need all your clips, and this makes more people doa  lone wolf, but needing ammo brings more teamwork into it.
As to ender's comments ive racked up a scary 10 hours and i have not got stuck once..or experienced any crosshair problems, the biggest problem for me is connecting to servers, whcih seems to have been improved anyway.
And you can never have too much shit going on at once
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6662
vehicles improved? THIS ISNT FUCKING BF2. VEHICLES ARE NOT ONE MAN MACHINES. THEY NEED A TEAM TO BACK THEM UP EVERYWHERE.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Fosterthelegend
+97|6624|Kent, UK

SargeV1.4 wrote:

vehicles improved? THIS ISNT FUCKING BF2. VEHICLES ARE NOT ONE MAN MACHINES. THEY NEED A TEAM TO BACK THEM UP EVERYWHERE.
the gdf tank doesnt
bloody destroyer of worlds that thing

by improve i mean, for example the walker and the quad bike....may just be my lag but they can be a little wobbly.
{HMS}_jee
+15|6655

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

The strogg walker needs to be fixed either increased ROF or a little faster movement. Infantry weapons feel nerfed as it takes a whole clip to kill people sometimes. Strogg railgun sucks compared to the GDF sniper rifle (amazing fucking gun). Some of the bigger weapons (liike missles) feel a bit overpowered when it comes to balance.

Fosterthelegend wrote:

the gdf tank doesnt
bloody destroyer of worlds that thing

by improve i mean, for example the walker and the quad bike....may just be my lag but they can be a little wobbly.
What's wrong with the Cyclops? that thing, coupled with the engi class is a one-shot killing machine on ground troops. Just lead your target if they're strafing and aim slightly below them because of the f'ed up trajectory. Also remember that you have a decoy button so spam that as much as you can when the rockets start flying.
I find it funny how they're left untouched in the main base when I respawn Noobs...try experimenting for a bit with the game mechanics, maybe then you'll find that the game isn't as bad as it seems.

Last edited by Punkbu$ter (2007-06-25 13:04:40)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

I just got accused of hacking.

I was spamming the ammo to health converter while firing my hyperblaster prone at the end of one of the sewer grate tunnels. Was great because coupled with the stroyent cell spam I was getting from behind I took down 5 guys before they stopped rushing and threw a few nades down the tunnel.

Seems not many people play with the extra features the Strogg have. In my opinion the game is finely balanced if you KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

If you can aim properly the GDF weapons are far more accurate than the Strogg ones. STOP FUCKING BUNNYHOPPING AND USE THE LEAN FEATURE. Guarentees kills while under suppressing fire. Accuracy > firepower. That and the GDF guns can reload when ever they want. Strogg can't. On the flip side, bunnyhopping like a nutcase and firing works as the Strogg. Ironsights/freakyzoomeyemode improves accuracy by about 200%, as does crouching.

Sucks firing two shots then having to reload at the start of the fight. That said, the Strogg health to ammo and back again thingy fucking rocks. So useful when you are short on one but not the other.

If you're having problems with the rail gun. Go prone above a spawn point, take careful aim and fire. Headshots kill instantly, and for chest shots you can always revert to the M95/pistol technique that works in BF2 because it carries over to this quite well.

IT IS NOT BF2 OR AA, BUT IT IS ALSO NOT FUCKING QUAKE 3. USE YOUR HEAD, LEARN TO PLAY.

As to the lack of VoIP, check out the amount of commands you can hammer off in a hurry with the voice com menues... Switch to keyboard shortcuts as opposed to numbers and it gets far easier, then spam like crazy.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6309
looks dumb to me so far
Fosterthelegend
+97|6624|Kent, UK

Flecco wrote:

That said, the Strogg health to ammo and back again thingy fucking rocks. So useful when you are short on one but not the other.
WHAT IS THAT!!!!!!!
AND HOW DO I USE IT!!!!
please

Backupwayback wrote:

looks dumb to me so far
you look dumb to me so far, very constructive that

Last edited by Fosterthelegend (2007-06-26 01:30:39)

some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6399

Unfortunately the video showed a scene of your dead body jutting out of the hill, and lying apparently supported by only his feet.  I expected there to be some body physics in new games.

And what's with the constant lifting of the torso to look up?  A dying person's not going to constantly lift his head, drop it, lift it, drop it, lift it, etc.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-06-26 01:53:14)

Fosterthelegend
+97|6624|Kent, UK

some_random_panda wrote:

And what's with the constant lifting of the torso to look up?  A dying person's not going to constantly lift his head, drop it, lift it, drop it, lift it, etc.
when you first get 'killed' you are 'knocked out', hence the still-moving look. when in this you can still be revived. however, if you shoot a person who is in this state they will completely die, and cannot be revived. As there is not a fixed respawn time so you cxan either wait forever for a medic (or until you are completely dead, see above) or get 'respawned' in the next deployment, which sometimes is instant, sometimes is 20 seconds, depends when you die.

It's kinda hard to explain, but obvious when ingame.
Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6336|Brussels, Belgium
What rig would you guys propose ? I know that mine won't be able to play it, even if it is lowered.

I have a P IV 3.2 GHz, 512 Ram (not enough ) and a Ge Force FX 5700. I want to get a new comp that could run this game without problems but I want to purchase WAR too and it won't come out before 2008 so I want to be able to play it too.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard