Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6237|Winland

Why, OH WHY, did my PCIe motherboard BURN UP, right before the release of this!? Now I ahve 2GB of DDR2, a GeForce 7900GT and a Raptor lying here, doing NOTHING! Whiles I lag around on my 6600 AGP, with 1GB DDR1, and a crappy SATA1 drive! WHY, WHYYYYY??!?!?!?

/Sits in a corner and cries.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
The_Mac
+96|6265
You know, the Crysis beta isn't coming this month. Hurry up and order a new motherboard off Newegg!
Or are you running a Dell or Alienware?
FarBeyondReality
The odd one out
+24|6201
Meh meh, my gfx card is holding me back :< good that its not being released for a while yet so i can get a new gfx card
Ryan
+1,230|6883|Alberta, Canada

The_Mac wrote:

You know, the Crysis beta isn't coming this month. Hurry up and order a new motherboard off Newegg!
The CEO of CryTek said it was coming out sometime in June...
[PTG]shogun
PS n00b & proud vista user
+44|6472

Ryan wrote:

The_Mac wrote:

link?
The_Mac
+96|6265

Ryan wrote:

The_Mac wrote:

Well as far as I know, that's been refuted; its not coming out June. I'd say late July or Mid August at best.
Qrite
sup g
+79|6214|Ohio
how much should i expect Crysis to cost?  around $ 50?
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6643|Philadelphia, PA

[REB]Qrite wrote:

how much should i expect Crysis to cost?  around $ 50?
Yes.

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646828
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6263|Escea

Its not the actual game that'll burn a hole in your wallet, its the equipment needed to run it well unfortunately.
kingofkolt
+17|6263|Boston, MA, USA
Will a 256MB of vRAM be enough? I have an NVIDIA 8600M GT, but the specs don't mention vRAM.

Also, what's all the hype about this game? I don't really know anything about it. Isn't it about aliens or something? Is this supposed to be like a breakthrough in graphics or something?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6263|Escea

I don't know much about the storyline or the gameplay itself any more than aliens, ice, North Koreans and nano. Also this game has quite possibly the best graphics to date, which is why it would probably kill most machines.
secshunayt
+2|6197

kingofkolt wrote:

Will a 256MB of vRAM be enough? I have an NVIDIA 8600M GT, but the specs don't mention vRAM.

Also, what's all the hype about this game? I don't really know anything about it. Isn't it about aliens or something? Is this supposed to be like a breakthrough in graphics or something?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crysis
Ryan

M.O.A.B wrote:

I don't know much about the storyline or the gameplay itself any more than aliens, ice, North Koreans and nano. Also this game has quite possibly the best graphics to date, which is why it would probably kill most machines.
Alan Wake actually has awesome graphics too.
https://www.nvnews.net/images/screenshots/alan_wake/alan_wake_1.jpg
hotrod1
+0|6347
Awesome screenshot, can't wait for this game!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6263|Escea

Ryan wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

http://www.nvnews.net/images/screenshot … wake_1.jpg
Wow holy crap, is that the PS3 game? or PC?
Madiz
is back
+26|6796

M.O.A.B wrote:

Ryan wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

http://www.nvnews.net/images/screenshot … wake_1.jpg
Wow holy crap, is that the PS3 game? or PC?
PC
https://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/Madiz991/signa.jpg
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6759|Melbourne, Australia
can someone tell me ruffly how well crysis will run on my system

# Intel CPU:
    Intel CORE 2 DUO E6320/ 1.86GHz/ 4MB CACHE/ 1066FSB/ LGA775
# Intel Motherboards:
    Asus P5B-PLUS motherboard
# Desktop Drives:
    Seagate Barracuda 320Gb 7200RPM 16Mb SATA 2
# Optical Drives:
    LG GSA-H62NBBK SATA DVD Re-Writer (18x/Dual Layer Black)
# Desktop Memory:
    Corsair DDR2 2GB PC-6400 (2x XMS2 1GB) TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX RAM
# Cases:
    ATX Midi Case 8024 Black/Silver (400W PSU)
# Graphics Cards:
    GIGABYTE NX88S320H-B-RH 8800GTS, 320MB, 320bit, GDDR3, 2xDualLinkDVI-I, TVOUT, HDTV
The_Mac
+96|6265

I.M.I Militant wrote:

# Intel CPU:
# Intel Motherboards:
# Desktop Drives:
# Optical Drives:
# Desktop Memory:
# Cases:
# Graphics Cards:
    GIGABYTE NX88S320H-B-RH 8800GTS, 320MB, 320bit, GDDR3, 2xDualLinkDVI-I, TVOUT, HDTV
Depends if you run it in DX9 or DX10. Since the 8800GTS is a midline DX10 card, and you run the thing in DX10, you might have to turn down some of the effects, but hell, bragging rights, since you're one of the few playing Crysis in DX10.
But if they're actually using all this time and delay to optimize even more for DX10, you might get smoother performance.
As long as you get 64 Bit Vista your 64 bit processor and its 2 core will be taken full advantage of. Crysis is optimized to run on multiple cores, so it looks like you're set.
The RAM is definitely good.
Ryan

I.M.I Militant wrote:

# Intel CPU:
# Intel Motherboards:
# Desktop Drives:
# Optical Drives:
# Desktop Memory:
# Cases:
# Graphics Cards:
You'll do fine
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6401|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
hey does anyone know when the demo comes out, and where I can sign up for my beta key?
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6431

I still think it's pathetic how the gun (not the minigun) can shoot down a tree - a fully grown one, and not a sapling.  It should take a .50 machine gun several shots to take down a palm tree, and much more for a gun of that size.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6263|Escea

some_random_panda wrote:

I still think it's pathetic how the gun (not the minigun) can shoot down a tree - a fully grown one, and not a sapling.  It should take a .50 machine gun several shots to take down a palm tree, and much more for a gun of that size.
I've seen a guy shoot down an oak tree with a maxim before, and that only used old .303 rounds.
skratch-x
+25|6677|NY, USA

The_Mac wrote:

As long as you get 64 Bit Vista your 64 bit processor and its 2 core will be taken full advantage of. Crysis is optimized to run on multiple cores, so it looks like you're set.
The RAM is definitely good.
neener neener neener incorrect statement alert!  Windows Vista 64 Bit is NOT an operating system you want to be running right now.
The_Mac
+96|6265
I said if you want to get 64 Bit support for your 64 bit processor yes, nimrod, you do.
Reading skills ftw.
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6567|Northern Ireland
I have A 256MB nVidia 8600GTS, is my card better than a 7800GT? or a 7800GTX?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard