Suicidal
+20|6526

Rinho wrote:

no one was suppose to reply to this post...lolz all i can say wank urself as much as u can to let go of as much pressure as possiable.
https://forum.football365.com/images/smiley_icons/pounditupdated.gif
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6696|Middle of nowhere

Jim_Bred wrote:

I just laugh how everyone all of sudden has claims of crazy point totals and awards over the last couple of days.
yeah, i noticed that too

i got at least 2k points the other day, but that was b/c i played 13 hrs straight, so i kinda had too otherwise i suck
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6370|uk

My E-Mail to EA Support wrote:

Hello,

I am contacting you to ask about the information released in the Support Page about the current outage of the Battlefield 2 Stats

I have seen the Support Page, which explains about the stats outage, but after reading it, I found some information to be incorrect, and so would like to inform you of the correct details, which may aid you in your quest to fix the stats.

Your Support Page states that....

"EA Customer Support is currently aware of a stat outage which is affecting several players. We are working extremely hard to pinpoint the cause of the issue and correct it. EA|Dice, EA Customer Support and all the Battlefield Partners are dedicated to making sure that your game play experience remains exciting and that your hard work is recorded while playing Battlefield.

While every effort will be made to include stats gained during the outage, there is a possibility that those earned during this brief period will not be reflected in your final stats total. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and apologize for the inconvenience."

However, It is not several players who are experiencing outages of stats. Infact it is the MAJORITY of BF2 Players which are experiencing these problems. Should you go to popular Battlefield 2 Forums such as http://forum.eagames.co.uk, http://forums.totalbf2.com and htttp://forums.bf2s.com, you would see a large amount of topics about the stats problem, which would indicate it is affecting a large proportion of the Battlefield 2 Population.

Another issue is that you also say that this has been a brief period. Infact the stats issue has been present for well over a week now, and with very little information been presented to the players of Battlefield 2, we are very uncertain about what is currently happening.
I hope that you find this information useful, in correcting the Support Page to show the correct information.

Thankyou,
Titch2349
An annoyed, and very bored Battlefield 2 Player
We shall see
firebolt5
+114|6173
I think EA/Dice shouldn't fix the stats problem...  This will teach all of the vBF2 players that stats don't matter.  Just play the game, have fun, and play some mods while you're at it.
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6185

firebolt5 wrote:

I think EA/Dice shouldn't fix the stats problem...  This will teach all of the vBF2 players that stats don't matter.  Just play the game, have fun, and play some mods while you're at it.
I paid for a game that had stats.  If you're dumb enough to give out free money, thats your problem.
TomSwe2007
+6|6177|Sweden

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

I paid for a game that had stats.  If you're dumb enough to give out free money, thats your problem.
YEAH, i agree
=EXP=Shadow
+3|6173|Swansea Wales
thats the whole reason i bought the game was for stats and trying to get all the upgradeds
unit401
+4|6577
Without the stats you might as well play a mod.And if I was an admin i would be extremely pissed that i was forking up all that money for an unranked server
Ridge
+4|6183|Hills of Dyker

firebolt5 wrote:

????????????????????????????????
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6804|Bulgaria
So, EA, where are my stats, you n00bs????????????
BINCHENZO
God.star.legend
+33|6209|Your moms privates
i dunno guys, im starting to go into withdraw... i mean i find my self checking the BFHQ after everygame... im on this forum every hour looking for a light of hope! i dont know how much longer i can go, before i lose interest in stat whoring completely. i mean come on! without stats how else will i prove to everyone on a massive that im the best.

FLAME LET THE FIRE BURN!

Last edited by BINCHENZO (2007-06-22 17:00:36)

103Steve
+2|6174|England
Without the stats, I have started to find the game boring.
_1_MAN-ARMY.17
+27|6238|Turkey
play at TKF inf only if u have sf i think its the only server updates now
TomSwe2007
+6|6177|Sweden
Starting around the 13th-15th, we saw a sharp increase in soldiers reporting that their stats, awards, and rank are not updating. This is under heavy investigation since, as you know, the ranking system is a central feature of the game.
------------------

Unfortunately (and honestly) I have to report that this will continue through the weekend. The good news is that the RSPs have really rallied to the cause and working with DICE, IGN, and our Battlefield Support teams, providing gigabytes upon gigabytes of server data to help get to the root of the issue.

On the stats server side, we're still seeing server stats being processed. This doesn't mean that resolving this is a lower priority, but it does mean that you may be able to try some servers you don't normally play on and receive stats while work on the issue continues.

Personally, I'd like to thank you all for your support of the game (and my fragile self). Everyone who has suggested some good mods to play, or made fun 'things to do while the stats are down' threads, or reported server information when I requested it has helped this community tremendously. This is a tough issue and I really appreciate everything you've done to help.

I'll check in this weekend to provide you with any updates.
------------------

Also, I wanted to let you know that we have an answer up about the stats outage (linked below). If you click the Notify Me… button in the answer, you’ll receive an update whenever new information is added.

http://support. ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php? p_faqid=14853
------------------

I appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue and I'll provide updates in this main post as they are available.

Thank you again!

~Violet

>>Does this mean the stats we are accruing during this problem period are lost, or will we get the stats when the problem is fixed?<<

Typically server issues do not cause stat loss, but we are watching that closely and will let you know exactly what will happen to the delayed stats as the investigation continues. I'm especially optimistic since we are seeing stats processed by the server even though users are not seeing updates.

~Violet

>>I have a contact at ea, an old college friend and he says that the main stats system has become corrupt.. The stats that are frozen are this way because its no longer possible to update due to damage. EA dont have any other records of the stats so they will all most likly be lost... this is why there is no word from EA.<<

I have not heard anything along those lines. Since the support teams are working so closely with this issue, I'm sure I would have heard if we had found something so definite. At this point the issue does not appear to be with the stats server since we are seeing stats processed. That is one of the reasons we are working with the RSPs to examine data coming from the game servers and investigate the entire stat reporting process in order to resolve this.

I'll keep you updated.

~Violet
TomSwe2007
+6|6177|Sweden
This is the latest from EA... They will work over the weekend and hopefully, we can start play as normal  next week!
Krupp23
+2|6236
@TomSwe2007: +1, thanks for info, helps a lot!
xgloryx
+3|6239
Just got an email that the question ticket was updated...

Update: As of 6-22-07 we are still working on this issue and appreciate your continued patience. We will update this FAQ again as soon as we have additional information.
Whoop-dee-doo
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6804|Bulgaria

TomSwe2007 wrote:

This is the latest from EA... They will work over the weekend and hopefully, we can start play as normal  next week!
That would be a HUGE syrprise, considering that EA sux!
-=V.R=-
+9|6176|Moldova (MDA)
EA and GameSpy! You can reset my stats, I dont care now...but fix them!
Sub-Zero79
Man...I'm freezing!
+65|6642|Ghost Town

_1_MAN-ARMY.17 wrote:

I can confirm that. Played some rounds a few days ago and stats have updated!
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6541|Little blue planet, milky way
Wouldn't it be fun if the root cause of all this was someone who decided that it was too tedious using a client hack to get points, and tried to slip his own crap into the stats system by hacking a stream to give him more points ? I can see this as plausible, because in my experience it's REALLY easy to fuck things up in an asynchronous datatransmission, and the stats server would have no way to interpret the error because it's not expecting a modified stream.

Go blame the cheaters again, then !
TheGiantSE
+14|6489|Sweden

Sub-Zero79 wrote:

_1_MAN-ARMY.17 wrote:

I can confirm that. Played some rounds a few days ago and stats have updated!
Yes it worked... just played there.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6541|Little blue planet, milky way
Nice.... I'll try it later
plaid_retina
+10|6713|Memphis, Tn
I guess EA wants to kill it's best game by fucking up the stats right before ET:QW is released.......Downloading the beta right now.

Last edited by plaid_retina (2007-06-23 12:49:14)

joviaaldreetje
+1|6702
=
>>I have a contact at ea, an old college friend and he says that the main stats system has become corrupt.. The stats that are frozen are this way because its no longer possible to update due to damage. EA dont have any other records of the stats so they will all most likly be lost... this is why there is no word from EA.<<
Does that mean that my points will be lost, or just the ones I aquired during the time the server was down??

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard