amak1131
+4|6170

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

amak1131 wrote:

its something on their end, thats for sure. played on a server that has updated my points before and it didn't do it yesterday or the day before.

unfortunately, I'm not going to wait a decade for this to be fixed. and you would think they'd have some official news info thing on their site by now........
They are working on it, they have posted an update today, they have responded positively to people by email and by all indications they are narrowing the problem and the stats will be back. They wont say for sure if anyone will keep what they played. Some phone operators have said "yes" you will get your stats...others have said nothing or wont guarantee it. I will give it more time..in the meantime there are plenty of other things in life to do.
didn't know they posted an update. they usually respond positively, but i have never trusted EA...i know they'll fix it, it's just a matter of when, and that's where i worry.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6724
maybe they are trying to implement the ads like in 2142 (Intel ads in Highway Tampon)?
and somehow they are connected to the stats? lol
Love is the answer
im_in_heaven
+27|6596

Flyboy63 wrote:

Anyone been to BFHQ recently? Notice it has all your stats there? Where do you think these stats come from..your hard drive?

Stop being noobs..
Wow plz rub a magnet on your hardrive.
Flyboy63
+8|6712|South Australia
I believe that he was referring to the fact that EA still has your stats and will not lose them (not counting any progress made during the past week).
Correct.

At least someone here speaks English..
kingofkolt
+17|6231|Boston, MA, USA

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Highway Tampon
Was this a typo? Lol...
ToughGuy#3
+2|6167
I think the time is right for revolution
unit401
+4|6567

im_in_heaven wrote:

Flyboy63 wrote:

Anyone been to BFHQ recently? Notice it has all your stats there? Where do you think these stats come from..your hard drive?

Stop being noobs..
Wow plz rub a magnet on your hardrive.
yes i agree please do.
Flyboy63
+8|6712|South Australia

unit401 wrote:

yes i agree please do.
You just get back from the mardi gras??
Daily_Tasks
+5|6296|Las Vegas, Nevada

petermassingale wrote:

Is June the 7th month in Australia?
High five!
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6552|Sverige (SWE)

David.Podedworny wrote:

It does help thx +1
V1king
+10|6163|Land of crocs and cane toads
In all honesty, I hope every single player globally gets a stats reset.  That will sort the men from the boys.  The biggest losers in something like that will be stats padders, hackers and fair dinkum tossers that ruin this game.  The gaming since this issue started has extended a pleasurable experience ten fold for me.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6655

V1king wrote:

In all honesty, I hope every single player globally gets a stats reset.  That will sort the men from the boys.  The biggest losers in something like that will be stats padders, hackers and fair dinkum tossers that ruin this game.  The gaming since this issue started has extended a pleasurable experience ten fold for me.
the biggest loser will be the ones who earned their stats the 'hard and honest' way - the stat padders will just start to cheat again and be back up in no time.
if you really think gaming got better since the issue started you might try to play on unranked servers anyway
V1king
+10|6163|Land of crocs and cane toads

Eboreus wrote:

V1king wrote:

the biggest loser will be the ones who earned their stats the 'hard and honest' way - the stat padders will just start to cheat again and be back up in no time.
if you really think gaming got better since the issue started you might try to play on unranked servers anyway
Yeah I sort of agree with what you are saying but the likes of myself will lose all mine also and yeah, it was hard work to say the least.  Making the best of a bad thing by earning all those ranks again will be a mission of pleasure, just like it was back in the good ole days when BF2 was 1st released.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6794|Bulgaria
Where are my stats, EA????????? n00bs!
megaboost
+14|6691|Englandshire

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Where are my stats, EA????????? n00bs!
I have your stats, they keep winking at me.
[E-hack]BonnyDj
+0|6162|Kungsbacks [sweden]
Come On EA... Need To Play....
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6488|Somewhere else

[E-hack]BonnyDj wrote:

Come On EA... Need To Play....
Then play.

I do wonder if this is something a group like MSX has pulled off.  Maybe this all was maliciously intentional.
Chou
+737|6799
Someone over there must be scratching his head and thinking: damn I wish I took that job at Mickey D

Last edited by Chou (2007-06-23 06:38:42)

gator45666
+6|6636|St.Petersburg, Fl.
"I blame George Bush for this mess" Says Harry Reid Senate majority Leader.
=EXP=Shadow
+3|6163|Swansea Wales
take it they still not working then lol
Danorge
+7|6165|Denmark // 69! Az
So true...
DJ ToXiC
+2|6163|Moscow
Fk
megaboost
+14|6691|Englandshire

=EXP=Shadow wrote:

take it they still not working then lol
Hello Shadow! Fancy seeing you here
FathomsDown
+19|6659|England

[Chaos]Assassin wrote:

Sgt.Kyle wrote:

HSG wrote:

Are we gonna get our points recovered tho?
How if they are down?
From what I've heard, the servers are still collecting the data, but they aren't being able to be sent to EA.  If this were true, as long as the servers remain up, and not crash, (what are the odds...) then, once they fixed the problem, the stats would be able to be sent.  I'm not sure if this is 100% true, but if it is, that would explain us getting our stats back once its fixed.
It seems likely however, I'm sure thats stats are not held in server memory (as that would mean that the servers would be grinding to a halt about now) but on disk. The question is... which server admins are going to know that the huge file on their FS are the stats? The "rm the biggest file" school of sysadmins is still very popular out there.
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6689|S.E. United States

Eboreus wrote:

V1king wrote:

I agree Eboreus
Ive earned mine the hard way, 841 hrs the hard way.put up with hackers and exploiters every round it seems, but I go on and play a fair honest game.if your going to cheat in a game you will cheat in life and in the end youll pay...
Ive earnd over 600 pts since 6-18 and still no update,looks like Ill just play for fun until this issue's cleared up, rather than worry about points...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard