Guruz
Sir
+20|6849|government yard in trenchtown.
Well check his stats from the link.. he hasnt done anything outstanding with MEC/China.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6824
I've met the requirements foralot of badges and stuff but havent gotten them. I wonder if it has to do with delayed updating.
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6818|Lake Constanze, Germany

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

I've met the requirements foralot of badges and stuff but havent gotten them. I wonder if it has to do with delayed updating.
Hm....example? Perhaps? Or didn't the awards pop up ingame?
Or...hm...u play on ranked server, do ya m8?! 

Greetz,
Agent
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6844

Q-BRT|= wrote:

[LFX]angus wrote:

knife kills are easier than pistol kills...only takes one slash with a knife in the back where it takes like a whole @#%$@# clip from a pistol
just act as u were going 4 a knife kill, take same time and aim 4 the head.... one shot-dead just like the knife.

EDIT: have much more problems getting that stupid aviator ribbon... 19 kills? damn most i got in a round had been 3. and i realy hate jets so i don wanna play em, but i love ribbons...  
LOL one pistol shot to the head kills? NOT! You must have been dreaming. it takes 3 pistol shots to the head to kill.
Hyper_Dude
+5|6833|United Knigdom

Fingersniffer wrote:

ok this all happened withing ONE hour of getting 250 hours played

Far East Service and Middle East Service Ribbon:

24+ Hours played on chinese/MEC maps (in theater)
250 Global played hours

(This is confirmed again today)
Guy's he said 24+ hours in a theater, not playing as a team. I looked at the leaderbaord and people who have only played 13 hours as the Chinese, have made up for it by playing the USMC for the other hours. When it says theater in means playing certain maps inlcuding both teams featured in that map.

Kubra Dam, Mashtuur City, Operation Clean Sweep, Zatar Wetlands, Strike at Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula and Gulf of Oman are all in the Middle Eastern Theater. Daqing Oilfields, Dalian Plant, Dragon Valley, FuShe Pass and Songhua Stalemate are all in the Chinese Theater. These are slpit up like this in our stats as well. You can play as the Chinese/MEC or the USMC on any of the maps, it'll still count to your time in the theater.

So that's 24 Hours in the Chinese theater, and another 24 hours in the Middle East theater.

As for 250 hours, he said Global, not each.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6824

Ag3nT-()r@ng3 wrote:

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

Hm....example? Perhaps? Or didn't the awards pop up ingame?
Or...hm...u play on ranked server, do ya m8?! 

Greetz,
Agent
I've met ground defense, armor and helo requirements - no medals though. Yes they are ranked servers and i get no pop-ups or BFHQ.
jag1973
Bushwhacker
+1|6855|Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Hyper_Dude wrote:

Fingersniffer wrote:

250 Global played hours

Guy's he said 24+ hours in a theater, not playing as a team. I looked at the leaderbaord and people who have only played 13 hours as the Chinese, have made up for it by playing the USMC for the other hours. When it says theater in means playing certain maps inlcuding both teams featured in that map.

Kubra Dam, Mashtuur City, Operation Clean Sweep, Zatar Wetlands, Strike at Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula and Gulf of Oman are all in the Middle Eastern Theater. Daqing Oilfields, Dalian Plant, Dragon Valley, FuShe Pass and Songhua Stalemate are all in the Chinese Theater. These are slpit up like this in our stats as well. You can play as the Chinese/MEC or the USMC on any of the maps, it'll still count to your time in the theater.

So that's 24 Hours in the Chinese theater, and another 24 hours in the Middle East theater.

As for 250 hours, he said Global, not each.
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO GETS IT RIGHT!
BrightAsh
+1|6827
So thats all??? just some time requirements? thats real lame...
edthatalkinhorse
+0|6839
"middle east service".... by fighting againt them. logical.
BrightAsh
+1|6827
yes it actually is... Middle east Service ribbon... You have served IN the middle east, it doesnt say that you served the middle east. Hence there is no US marine service ribbon...
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6838|Australia

mikeshw wrote:

i am so geriatric..i cant knife because my heart may give way anytime if they turn around and spot me.. i cant shoot straight because i cant stop trembling (darn mouse wont stay still), which explains why my score sucks.. so, for me to get those medals is just about as plausible as Jay Leno running for President of the USA.. play for fun, be happy
we aussies smell your fear......
Charlie_melvin
Right between the eye's
+0|6824

Seven wrote:

3:1 win to loss ratio? Are you kidding? That means I'd have to win about 140 straight matches before I'd ever be eligable for it...that's insane. 1:3 seems a bit more plausible.
sorry mate but it looks as though it is 3:1 win/loss ratio,
it appears to me to be the hardest ribbon to achieve out of all of them,
have a look here as this guy has got it and has put up a couple of hints up.
for me to get it i would have to win 448 games in a row
think I'll go for it after trying to get the knife/pistol badges
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6848|A Small Isle in the Tropics

kontrolcrimson wrote:

mikeshw wrote:

i am so geriatric..i cant knife because my heart may give way anytime if they turn around and spot me.. i cant shoot straight because i cant stop trembling (darn mouse wont stay still), which explains why my score sucks.. so, for me to get those medals is just about as plausible as Jay Leno running for President of the USA.. play for fun, be happy
we aussies smell your fear......
yes..i sense it too.. so i stay up on the roof away from you guys and..through my M95 scope on the roofs on sharqi peninsula...i spy.. i spy.. hehehehe.. i gently pull the trigger.. and the crack echoes through the air.. 

darn.. i got ambushed by an aussie clan on GameArena.. wasnt a pretty picture, cos they went "lol" after i died..
FUBARhavoc
+0|6814
About the Middle East Service, I got about 31 hours in theater, so 24+ hours there could be correct, but I don't nearly have 250 global hours, I got like 75 hours ... But natually, it could be another of the countless glitches
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6854|Waikato, Aotearoa
Yo CHarlie - U gotta win 448 games in a row for the War College Ribbon?? count your self lucky.... I AM STARING DOWN THE BARREL OF ABOUT 1500 STRAIGHT WINS IN A ROW

As far as i know only 1 person has the WCR - check out
|NERV|Raxor
Stats for a looksie - i would put a link, but dont know how

Last edited by -101-InvaderZim (2005-09-25 15:11:41)

bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6850|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
i think all of the previous info may be incorrect. within the first 5 minutes of going over 24 hrs playing as MEC, i earned the Mid-East Service Ribbon. check it out. i don't get it, but this is the only evidence i have so far.
Fubar/fox
Sponcered by belgium beer
+4|6836|Belgium
i seen a lot of thing about the servic ribbons but i don't think annyone thoughed about the fact that
time in server could just mean playing for lests say 33min on mec side in one round
verdin_blich
+0|6733
I don’t think that the requirements for getting the Middle Eastern service ribbon is 250h global or 24h played as MEC. I just got it about 20 minutes ago. I got the basic transport and basic air defense badges, I looked at the BFHQ in game to see my shiny new badges and there it was. I have just over 25 hours global and 1h55m MEC. I don’t see it in my BF2S yet but we’ll see in 3hrs or so.
adv3rsary
+28|6726
hmm i have all of those ribbons listed with less than 100 global hours played.... check my profile
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6830

verdin_blich wrote:

I don’t think that the requirements for getting the Middle Eastern service ribbon is 250h global or 24h played as MEC. I just got it about 20 minutes ago. I got the basic transport and basic air defense badges, I looked at the BFHQ in game to see my shiny new badges and there it was. I have just over 25 hours global and 1h55m MEC. I don’t see it in my BF2S yet but we’ll see in 3hrs or so.
Uh, why the hell are you bumping up a 3 month old topic? Or rather, one that hasnt been posted on for 3 months. This thing was made back in the early days of BF2s. Pre-patch.

Thats how the requirements used to be. Can you see the dates on the forum posts?
Anima05
+1|6770

Fingersniffer wrote:

250 Global played hours

Good Conduct Ribbon:

250 Global Hours Played
14+ Kills in 1 round
No TK's or Team damage in the current round (I know I didnt get any TK's or team damage but I cant confirm this portion of the req.s)

I'm posting this because it seemed everyone only had "I think" answers so I wanted to post to confirm some info for all those wondering
For the far east and middle east service ribbons you do not need 250 hours.  I got those 2 ribbons long before I had 250 hours
Anima05
+1|6770

Anima05 wrote:

Fingersniffer wrote:

250 Global played hours

Good Conduct Ribbon:

250 Global Hours Played
14+ Kills in 1 round
No TK's or Team damage in the current round (I know I didnt get any TK's or team damage but I cant confirm this portion of the req.s)

I'm posting this because it seemed everyone only had "I think" answers so I wanted to post to confirm some info for all those wondering
For the far east and middle east service ribbons you do not need 250 hours.  I got those 2 ribbons long before I had 250 hours
i have not played for 24 hours as PLA either
randomfire1977
+1|6744|Florida
i got my far east and middle east service ribbons from playing the same map 5 times in a row.  and getting some kills during that time.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6766

Jesus Christ people...why are you reviving a three-month-old thread? Stop with the stupid posts and read the entire frickin' post before saying something.
CackNBallz
+45|6753|Toronto, Canada
Stop the complaining about reviving a thread.  They actually did something that most people do not do, (and get chastized about incessantly) which was to use the search function.

The things they posted was relevant to the topic, and it still is contested to what it really is.  I got my service ribbons long before I played 100 hours total.  I had only 4 hours PLA, 9 hours MEC and 13 hours USMC.  I played each and every map there was and the next day I saw that I had earned both the service ribbons.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard