(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6155
HI GUYS...

Just reggd after years of reading  this forum

any ideas on how to manage and set up a 2142 inf server

i know we cant propper run this mode.....

whats the crack are we ok to do this or not  ???????
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6657|UK
you cant actually stop anyone using a veheacle in 2142, so no, the only way to do it i think is have good admin, not sure if there is a settings value you know 1 on 0 off
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6733|Germany, near Koblenz
Even if it means more work for the admins to do, go ahead with this idea!
(It's allways astonishing how many people refuse to read / follow the server rules.)

I like to play "infantry only" occasionally and BF 2142 is way better on this than BF 2 (lots of smaller maps, missing ticket loss).

Perhaps you want to change the server name to indicate this play style in the server list allready?
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6155
yes it would help if i called it inf only...

for some reason i was really struggling to change server name and messages whilst server running

i'll try again later and call it (BMP) Inf Only or something

i had to kick so many people it was mad......couldnt play...had to sit watching ra tool

even though messages flashed every 30 secs stating no vehicles

I AM OK DOING THIS THOUGH ???? I'M NOT GONNA HAVE ME RANKED STATUS TAKEN AWAY ??????

if anyone wants to join = bf2142://85.236.101.70:16867

Last edited by (BMP) Smegmeister (2007-06-22 09:02:15)

DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
I can't imagine any conflict with EA here. Beside the fact, that they implemented this officially at BF2, I never heard any complains about infantry mode out of the community (unlike p/k).
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6155
eek..

was hoping to bump into you

i have the server you had a prob on last night.......one of my fellow admins Skuzzlebutt had an issue with something......

if i can help plz ask
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51
Just on a side note, I played 2142 in like 3 months again yesterday and was commander and couldn't move the titan, when did they change that? I was allways so much fun to have two titans side by side blasting the living hell out of each other.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6503|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

RDMC(2) wrote:

Just on a side note, I played 2142 in like 3 months again yesterday and was commander and couldn't move the titan, when did they change that? I was allways so much fun to have two titans side by side blasting the living hell out of each other.
I think it was around patch 1.20. I have no idea, but I'm pretty damn sure.
Avantek
Banned
+7|6349|New York
It has been changed so dumb commanders don't move the titans close to each other making everybody lag. Never understood the mentality of those idiot dumb ass commanders that move them too close. I mean It dosnt lag for them cuz they sittin in there damn commanding screen all day jerking off instead of playing but for the other players its not helping them fight.
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6155
so im not going to get stick off anyone ?????

has anyone else ran inf only on 2142 ???
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6301

(BMP) Smegmeister wrote:

so im not going to get stick off anyone ?????

has anyone else ran inf only on 2142 ???
yes theres an infantry only server on 16 size on conquest only.  Your aloud to use cars but no walkers.  Everyone there follows rules and if not there kicked/banned
(BMP) Smegmeister
+2|6155
what a pain in the ass

nobody listens......i think most people who play 2142 must be dumb as they cant read..

i give in.....hopefully it will be avalable on a later patch

as i said im a noob....

Titan foooooooookin rocks

Last edited by (BMP) Smegmeister (2007-06-24 08:01:46)

Magius5.0
+106|6382|UMass Amherst
*Shrugs* I make it infantry-only when I blow up every vehicle I see.  How about them apples?
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
The new Roc can be found here: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/ph … aqid=14865

So no "inf only" at 2142, what a pitty!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Nah. Not really necessary. The only time vehicle-whoring can really occur is with the walker. It can be a pain, but if you know what to do it's easy to neutralize.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
PsychoKillers
Walking Sniper, Hidden Claymore
+11|6605

(BMP) Smegmeister wrote:

for some reason i was really struggling to change server name and messages whilst server running

i had to kick so many people it was mad......couldnt play...had to sit watching ra tool

I AM OK DOING THIS THOUGH ???? I'M NOT GONNA HAVE ME RANKED STATUS TAKEN AWAY ??????

Try putting a message in your join box saying "INF ONLY!"
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

(BMP) Smegmeister wrote:

Yes you can have your ranked status taken away.

Bf Roe/Roc wrote:

Server Administrators will violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions are:

Preventing players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.
      Preventing players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.
      Running knife / pistol only servers.
      Preventing players from using all commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans). If using Infantry only server-side option, this should be clearly stated in the game load screen.
      Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a “pistol only” or “knife only” server rule.
So...if for an example i come into your server and get banned for using a tank...you can get the whole shit closed. But for myself i would like some Infantry Action.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344
To be honest, you don´t really need an InfOnly Server in 2142. Most of the maps are already focused on close-quarter infantry fights. Just run the city maps only.

I´ve been on some InfOnly servers in the past, and it´s not that big a difference.
As Spark pointed out, vehicles are not that big a deal anymore, unlike in Bf2.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6592|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
veheacle

Last edited by BabySpinach (2007-07-16 17:19:14)

Sambuccashake
+126|6611|Sweden

Sisco10 wrote:

To be honest, you don´t really need an InfOnly Server in 2142. Most of the maps are already focused on close-quarter infantry fights. Just run the city maps only.
My thoughts exactly.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard