T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6274|Pennsyltucky

The servers I play on have been DEAD the past couple days.  Severs that were always populated when i got home from work (7 AM EST) are now empty.

Before 4-5 of us could get one server started then move onto another.  Today we were lucky to get one running.

Meh, I got my QW:ET key today and have the weekend off.  Guess what I'll be playing ?

On a side note I'm torn about losing the stats since the 16th.  I've had some good rounds but I've had more rounds where I just tried to practice my flying (don't ask how that went).
$cy4n)(de
+3|6150
No stats...no reply....no hope....
Well then im off to COH
[GSF]AFROPUFF
+7|6532
EA_violet > I'm going to lock this thread overnight (well it will be overnight here anyway) just to keep the thread relevant. I'll open it up if I need more information as well as whenever I have an update so that you have a chance to react, vent, and otherwise contribute.
WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6244|Spacetime
The main question is: Will the stats be fixed?
[GSF]AFROPUFF
+7|6532
well the last outage was on april the 22nd 2007.   wasent that long ago

could be its last legs

Last edited by [GSF]AFROPUFF (2007-06-21 21:22:54)

ITA=TNT<SEREUPIN>
+3|6300|Milan, north Italy

[GSF]AFROPUFF wrote:

could be its last legs
i am sorry...i dont understand what you want to say...  could you explain me better?!  why do you say that last outage/system down was on 22 april ?!     today is the 7 day that system stats is out...  (so long time for a bilionar company)
JovesApples
+4|6445|USA
the least they could do is give everyone all the unlocks while they do whatever it is they are doing
[GSF]AFROPUFF
+7|6532

ITA=TNT<SEREUPIN> wrote:

[GSF]AFROPUFF wrote:

could be its last legs
i am sorry...i dont understand what you want to say...  could you explain me better?!  why do you say that last outage/system down was on 22 april ?!     today is the 7 day that system stats is out...  (so long time for a bilionar company)
Battlefield Server Issues
Posted:Apr 2, 2007 4:56 PM

EA_Violet.      There are currently issues with some of the Battlefield 2 and 2142 servers. Please check the announcement, linked below, for updates on this issue.

Thank you for your patience as we try to resolve this.

maby this was the servers last legs befoe the main crash for oVer a week now.....

Last edited by [GSF]AFROPUFF (2007-06-21 22:07:20)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6638
Does this mean you can still get reset for stat padding even if it doesn't do anything? Cuz that and glitching is all I feel like doing now.
Babelfr0g
+2|6381
This is getting really weak. Is it a gambit to discourage BF2 server operators / BF2 players ? Are we supposed to migrate to that POS 2142 ? Is there really a problem ?

I have very little doubt that this is an intentional ruse to allow EA/Dice to discontinue support ( big laughs there ) for BF2 ? As many ppl have stated - They have our money and now it's no fun for them to 'support their game' now that the money is only a trickle...

Lots of money changed hands getting all of the players hardware into line to play BF2 - but now even the most basic cards available can play Bf2 really well - we've all bought our G5's and G15's and joystix ( i bought a Saitek X52 ) etc, and now they realise that we don't bring in much cash for them at all - not to mention that the new games that are being made aren't nearly as popular as BF2 - rolls eyes toward C&C...

A comment was made a few posts ago about legalities and servers getting a free months rent due to the inconvenience... Well - i support that wholeheartedly. We have paid for the game - ( I paid $99 for mine, then SF, AF/EF and my internet connection and donations to servers just to play... where is the recompense?

I can gaurantee that if EA/Dice got gibbed in this manner thay would be sending a legal team to investigate! A class action might be in order! This may be a technical problem - however they should have created backups and contingency plans to prevent this and the onus is on them to deliver the product as agreed upon in the TOS and purchase agreement. Failure to do so has resulted in countless hrs of null gameplay for paying customers - while the server time still costs money and our computers get older... A reasonable expectation would be that EA/Dice provide the service for which they have been paid.

It is highly unlikely that EA / Dice have any real intention of actually rectifying the problem - U will find very little manhours are spent on this project. It is time to boycott EA / Dice games until a proper solution is found! DO NOT PURCHASE AN EA GAME THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rinho
+2|6152
no one was suppose to reply to this post...lolz all i can say wank urself as much as u can to let go of as much pressure as possiable. i have over 3000 points plus couple of promotions so stfu dont remind me 
DJ ToXiC
+2|6147|Moscow

Babelfr0g wrote:

.... DO NOT PURCHASE AN EA GAME THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.... AND DO NOT PLAY ANY OTHER EA GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim_Bred
+15|6493
I just laugh how everyone all of sudden has claims of crazy point totals and awards over the last couple of days.
-=V.R=-
+9|6150|Moldova (MDA)
I'm bored...last 2 servers that worked now not updating! f great... what next? all servers will be shut down?
-=V.R=-
+9|6150|Moldova (MDA)
this I found on BF2 home

"Scheduled Maintenance
Every Monday at midnight (12AM PT), GameSpy will be performing scheduled maintenance on the Battlefield 2 backend. Please bear with us during this 3-hour period and understand that during this time you may experience stats processing delays or login issues during this time."
Suicidal
+20|6500
I got some stats last night.

Dont know if they were from some of last nights games or back pay from earlier in the week though!
Trouble69
+1|6625|WA, Australia

-=V.R=- wrote:

I'm bored...last 2 servers that worked now not updating! f great... what next? all servers will be shut down?
That would not surprise me at all. You would think that they would at least acknowledge having a problem on their website or even in game but no we get told squat.
DrunkenPirate
Rum Baron
+44|6685|Norfolk, England

DJ ToXiC wrote:

Babelfr0g wrote:

Please set fire to yourselves.
Babelfr0g
+2|6381

DrunkenPirate wrote:

DJ ToXiC wrote:

Babelfr0g wrote:

Sorry - no flames for you o' intoxicated son of the sands! A pox o' your throat you bawling, blasphemous incharitable dog!

Ur just pissed cos u know were right.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

Babelfr0g wrote:

DrunkenPirate wrote:

DJ ToXiC wrote:

Sorry - no flames for you o' intoxicated son of the sands! A pox o' your throat you bawling, blasphemous incharitable dog!

Ur just pissed cos u know were right.
Ah... it's Babel.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
HorseyNo5
+1|6146
The game without stats is like having sex without the big sweaty finish, doesn't count.

When i first got bf2 I truthfully didn't like it (i was a big COD2 fan). Then a friend pointed out that there was so many long term goals. I could become an engineer repair stuff, spec ops blow it up, give life or take it as a medic. Then i found a stats view page yep bf2s.com and it helped me become a more proficient player giving even more mini goals within the long term game play (and a bit of a stats whore).

As a bit of a stats whore (hence i rent a ranked server and pay towards another) playing the game without the ability to earn those long term goals makes the game sterile, i don't care about the lost points. I like every other person who pay's and plays on ranked servers just want it fixed, give us an ETA that is all.

Apologies for the long winded statement as i never use forums but i just wanted to state my 50p worth
-=V.R=-
+9|6150|Moldova (MDA)
damn...now I have nooob stats.... and no way to change it... just great...
Krupp23
+2|6210
It would be not clever to shut down the rank servers as long as there is NO OTHER sequel (and I do not mean "that mod" BF2142).

Because most of the BF2 servers aren't paying for BF2142 but for BF2.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6515|Little blue planet, milky way

Jim_Bred wrote:

I just laugh how everyone all of sudden has claims of crazy point totals and awards over the last couple of days.
Lol... I'll be happy to admit I had a game with a total of 6 points last weekend. 18 deaths and only 4 kills ! Not the worst round I've ever played, but it certainly comes VERY close, and it's GOT to be more than 2 years since I played this poorly.

Still, eventually that stat will update, and this latest round of shame will be added to the stats lowering my already failing SPM.
[GSF]AFROPUFF
+7|6532

Rinho wrote:

no one was suppose to reply to this post...lolz all i can say wank urself as much as u can to let go of as much pressure as possiable. i have over 3000 points plus couple of promotions so stfu dont remind me 
and you did all this from wanking?

Last edited by [GSF]AFROPUFF (2007-06-22 05:13:09)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard