ToughGuy#3
+2|6128
The following has been added to the Wikipedia article on Battlefield 2 under the Global Updates section:

"Note** As of June 14th, 2007, Battlefield 2's ranking system is down. EA has neither specified the cause of the problem nor stated when it will be repaired."

Last edited by ToughGuy#3 (2007-06-21 13:23:08)

cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6259|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Sisco10 wrote:

RaiD wrote:

Lol I dare everyone to try and get the purple heart  ...since the stats wont update and all ehhe   
Already got it....and proud of it too!

I worked on that one. Hard.
I've got four.

Eat that, bitch.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6149

reaper_654 wrote:

i got expert special ops but stats did not update
Ummmmm....yeah.....like thousands of others. Not to pick on you but why do people keep coming on to this site to complain that they got an award and yet it didn't update. It is getting very, very old. Of course, nobody who plays right now is going to get any stats, possibly and I say possibly as "very slim" there is a chance that some people might get some stats. My stats haven't updated since the 14th. If I play, i know I wont get credit. Get used to it until EA says something different. Don't whine that you didn't get your awards....we all know this already!!!!!!!!!!!!
sET_aIM_zERO
+0|6327
Thanks for starting this [Chaos]Assassin.
It helped.
Scr0k
A clown killed my dad
+47|6485|Alabama
Ever since the stats stopped updating, i started writing down the points i've gotten each round. just to see how much i've lost. heck, maybe ill make a plea to ea to give me the points.
adv3rsary
+28|6685

Scr0k wrote:

Ever since the stats stopped updating, i started writing down the points i've gotten each round. just to see how much i've lost. heck, maybe ill make a plea to ea to give me the points.
wow... loooser
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6460|Menlo Park, CA
I just quit playing for the time being. . . .I pretty much play now to gain points and rank up!

The only reason I have played this game this long is the stats system. Its a great game, and I love it dearly! However, after you get familiar with the game, stats are the only real reason to keep playing. . . . unless they release new content.

I have a few goals I want to reach statistically, and with the game stat system down, its pointless to play for hours and have nothing to show for it!
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6449|Somewhere else

Wow.... my ISP made a mistake and cut my internet access.  Gone for 3 days, I come back and its still FUBAR. 

I know, I know what should I have expected.
niomosy
+26|6659

killer21 wrote:

No big deal really.  Go play for fun then. 
Not nearly as much point in that
toutinette
+2|6229|Canada
does someone know when it will be fucking over?
i did like 2000 points in 2 days and will you be able to get the points u did back?
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6259|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

toutinette wrote:

does someone know when it will be fucking over?
i did like 2000 points in 2 days and will you be able to get the points u did back?
No and probably no.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
KillerAFET
+3|6750|Abilene, Texas
Well, again some updates must be going on as my ranking is moving up.  I've moved from 242 to 240 in win/loss and I've not played a game in a week!!
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6530

KillerAFET wrote:

Well, again some updates must be going on as my ranking is moving up.  I've moved from 242 to 240 in win/loss and I've not played a game in a week!!
I too have moved up severel ranks in all categories since the outage.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6449|Somewhere else

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is EA's tactic for the eventual shut down of the stats server.  I thought this before, but thought...nah.  but now....

It would piss alot of people off to simply say

EA (hypothetically) wrote:

We at EA decided that (DATE and TIME) will be the time we ends stats collecting for all of Battlefield 2
This shows a lack of appreciation for thier customers and no real reason as to why the stats were dropped. However....It would be easier for them to kinda dodge a bullet saying

EA (hypothetically) wrote:

EA recently has encountered a serious error in the master client data servers for stats for the EA product BattleField 2,  We furthermore cannot continue to support The current Stats system implementd for Battlefield 2.
This would look like they were really pulling for its customres but couldn't pull it off.   It would be easier for them.  Plus, EA doing something wrong wouldn't be news to us.

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2007-06-21 15:57:22)

[Chaos]Assassin
+18|6484
A few questions have arose in this thread, I'll try and answer a few.

Q: Will you get your stats back?
A: Probably not, although I've heard that on some servers, as long as they don't crash, they save the stats for a period of time.  If this is true, when the system does come back up, the stats will be processed.  Just don't expect to get them back.

Q: Which servers are updating?
A: This is a random occurrence.  Some of the servers may update one day, and be down the next.  There isn't really a way to tell.

Q: When will the system be back up?
A: Nobody can tell for sure, EA hasn't told anybody much, as they rarely don't.  I believe they have maintenance on Monday's.  If they solve the problem, they may have an emergency maintenance but probably not.

As others have stated, this isn't really a reason to quit just because they aren't updating.  I've been playing to hone in my skills in the helicopter, jet, and my sniper skills.  Sometimes they update, and sometimes they don't. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me and I'll tell you what I can.  Also check the main post as I'm trying to keep it updated as much as possible.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6661|Calgary

[Chaos]Assassin wrote:

A: Probably not, although I've heard that on some servers, as long as they don't crash, they save the stats for a period of time.  If this is true, when the system does come back up, the stats will be processed.  Just don't expect to get them back.

A: This is a random occurrence.  Some of the servers may update one day, and be down the next.  There isn't really a way to tell.

A: Nobody can tell for sure, EA hasn't told anybody much, as they rarely don't.  I believe they have maintenance on Monday's.  If they solve the problem, they may have an emergency maintenance but probably not.

As others have stated, this isn't really a reason to quit just because they aren't updating.  I've been playing to hone in my skills in the helicopter, jet, and my sniper skills.  Sometimes they update, and sometimes they don't. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me and I'll tell you what I can.  Also check the main post as I'm trying to keep it updated as much as possible.
This is the fastest way to find out when stats are up:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 4#p1526414
Onidax
+41|6463
I have a contact at ea, an old college friend and he says that the main stats system has become corrupt.. The stats that are frozen are this way because its no longer possible to update due to damage. EA dont have any other records of the stats so they will all most likly be lost... this is why there is no word from EA. Basically they have fooked up big time. I guess if I have to start again I wont spend ages doing noob shit.
[Chaos]Assassin
+18|6484

Superslim wrote:

[Chaos]Assassin wrote:

This is the fastest way to find out when stats are up:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 4#p1526414
I've added the website to the main post already.  The reason why I did it on this topic is because the main page links to this topic.

Last edited by [Chaos]Assassin (2007-06-21 16:52:05)

washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6682
actually, now that i know that i won't get my points, i've been going around maps/servers i never went just to fuck around

once i went to this oman server and just sniped people out of jets whole round.. so freaking fun hahaha
[Chaos]Assassin
+18|6484

washow wrote:

actually, now that i know that i won't get my points, i've been going around maps/servers i never went just to fuck around

once i went to this oman server and just sniped people out of jets whole round.. so freaking fun hahaha
The game does tend to be a bit more fun when you aren't competing for points, but keep in mind, sometimes it DOES update.
Morathia
+1|6132
well during the time we waiting...for ea to re-active the stats..... you should listen to that

Lame Sniper
[Chaos]Assassin
+18|6484

Morathia wrote:

well during the time we waiting...for ea to re-active the stats..... you should listen to that

Lame Sniper
I lol'd.  Talk about a claymore whore..
m0v3m3nt
+15|6127

Morathia wrote:

Lame Sniper
lol

pure class...
Pudknocker71
+1|6126
Being naughty certainly peaked my evening. Haven't had this much fun playing ever. I went way out of character for me. I really don't like this kind of behaviour normally. But, ya, won't do it again. Stat could come on line anytime now. Back to my prudish self.
killaer
+41|6687
I read that EA makes a bunch of money off of ranked servers somewhere, so I don't think they'll just go ahead and axe the BF2 Stats System completley.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard