voodoodolphins
+92|6673
looks cool enough....I just want a game that will substitute BF2 soon, but I don't think this is the one though.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6614

looks pretty good so far, although i never really got into the previous games much.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6613|England
Loved the enemy melee attacking your buddy then when you shot him your buddy and you shot his raggedy ass into oblivion
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6496|Singapore
hmm the names of the soldier are reused i think..theres Captain Price and Sgt. Baker.....

i dont really like the reload system too.

Last edited by jkohlc (2007-06-21 13:00:14)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

The_Mac wrote:

CoD Vietnam would be difficult to pull off, simply because Vietnam is in the Jungle, and that would require Infinity Ward to get off their asses and make a decent non linear game, or else they'd realize it would suck badly. The only sort of place they'd set you in would be cities, where they could get away with nonlinearity. But considering only 25% at most of all Vietnam combat took place in the city, you'd be hard pressed to be impressed.
As long as console noobs keep buying CoD, they're not changing. Besides, consoles are too weak to have massive firefights. I noticed you're always runnin around buildings, circumventing these engagements and then shooting from behind, instead of just participating in an unrestricted area and helping the battle ebb and flow. But I guess that would be too hard for them to do, seeing as how their brains have been sludged full of money by mindless console bums.

Korea, you could have some city engagements, I guess, but keep in mind, Korea had the same sort of weaponry World War 2 soldiers had. People play games for the weapons in the game, not just the historical experience.
Why would they want to play a game in Korea, where they could just play CoD2 and get the same sort of kabang out of it?
QFT, I totally agree.

Ive been wanting a CoD Vietnam since before CoD2 came out, but I guess no one gives a shit about the most underplayed war in the video game industry.

Although, I do admit, that footage looks DAMN good.... I think if they add the ability to customize weapons, better multiplayer, and focus on balancing and the details, CoD4 might be the best game in the series since CoD1.

Last edited by Spearhead (2007-06-21 19:05:49)

The_Mac
+96|6195
The MP is shit without maps, and if most maps are catered to having a max of 16 players, and the PC gets 32, things will get damned crowded.

But I think EA should do another Battlefield Vietnam, someday. I think being able to customize the weapon loadout on say, a Huey, would be awesome.
have the USMC be the US. They had all the good stuff. UH-1Es, F-4s, A-4s, AH-1Gs and Js (but more so Gs. Gs were gnarlier too). They had the tanks as well, and the weapon loadout.
Infinity Ward will do another WWII COD after this COD4. It's their bag, but I wish they wouldn't be such lazy console whore caterers.

Last edited by The_Mac (2007-06-21 19:06:40)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Very true ^^^

Like CoD2.  Maps were designed for 8 players for the consoles, while us PC gamers had to squeeze in 20-30 people within 40 feet of space.  However, I have faith in IW.  I think they can pull Modern Combat off......
The_Mac
+96|6195
The Single player will most likely be "good" I'm certainly interested. I work with marines every Saturday and I'd be interested in seeing and using their equipment in the game.
MP will be tricky, and there are no vehicles in MP CoD4. IW might make an expansion for the PC only that might have some PC dedicated maps with vehicles like they did for CoD UO, while the retards who made CoD3 could make a noob expack for the xbox whores. Its all unlikely, but it'd be nice.
Commie Killer
+192|6357
I think the reason IW hasn't done a Vietnam game is cause they would have to make it very open, that goes against their principles because they like a linear, cinematic game.
The_Mac
+96|6195

Commie Killer wrote:

I think the reason IW hasn't done a Vietnam game is cause they would have to make it very open, that goes against their principles because they like a linear, cinematic game.
What I was saying, but more so, there isn't enough innovation among them to try and have cinematic and open battles. It's possible to do both you know.
Commie Killer
+192|6357

The_Mac wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

What I was saying, but more so, there isn't enough innovation among them to try and have cinematic and open battles. It's possible to do both you know.
Yup, Far Cry did that pretty well, though some things were to scripted for my liking, such as the indoor sections where you had no choice, or how the enemies would always be in the same place at the same time and act the same way every time you played the game. I think Crysis is gonna set a example for cinematic and open battles from what I've seen, read, and heard.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

Commie Killer wrote:

They could focus on things like Hue, Saigon, etc. For instance, they could start parts off in the jungle but the ultimate goal is to get into the city. COD2, despite IW's creed, wasn't open but it wasn't linear. There was some freedom, but ultimately you had to go a certain way to get to a certain place. That could be done with 'nam.

COD4 looks great. I wish AA had those graphics. Oh wait, no I don't, as my computer couldn't run it
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6433|meh-land
I thinks its funny how much the guy just sprays in the general direction of the enemies.  I mean talk about spray and pray, sheesh
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

Blehm98 wrote:

I thinks its funny how much the guy just sprays in the general direction of the enemies.  I mean talk about spray and pray, sheesh
You should see me play AA.

"Oh shit an enemy!"
*holds down fire button and hopes the bullets just happen to hit the guy*
Some other guy on my team: Check your fire, check your fire! *since my bullets went astray and hit a civilian*
*dead*
The_Mac
+96|6195
I have read the PC Gamer US preview of this, and it looks awesome.
DirectX 10 support is also included for this game, which makes me think it'll have some good support for the PC afterall.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6373|Alberta, Canada
Here's all you'd want to see.

(Note: in the weapons interview one, you see a part on a barge where a crew member gets shot and slides off the coounter he hits. Making me think that there's going to be some PHYSICS in a CoD game!! Woo!)
The_Mac
+96|6195

Heavy_Guns_91 wrote:

Here's all you'd want to see.

(Note: in the weapons interview one, you see a part on a barge where a crew member gets shot and slides off the coounter he hits. Making me think that there's going to be some PHYSICS in a CoD game!! Woo!)
I think you forgot to add the link.
{DGC}{jr.}Blitzkrieg
+10|6806|Arizona
Lmao, did you guys notice that the sounds of guys dying are the same as the Germans dying in CoD2....They're just re-hashing everything so you'll buy it again. If you want Modern combat, go back to Vanilla and play the Modern Weapons mod.
HeRbY
+13|6286

{DGC}{jr.}Blitzkrieg wrote:

Lmao, did you guys notice that the sounds of guys dying are the same as the Germans dying in CoD2....They're just re-hashing everything so you'll buy it again. If you want Modern combat, go back to Vanilla and play the Modern Weapons mod.
It's Pre-Alpha, they prob haven't done a lot of the sounds/coding/maps etc so yeah they prob will use the sounds from previous games as a place-holder until they can get some random of the street in to do propers ones.
The_Mac
+96|6195
Heavy_Guns_91: that was kind of a nudge to give us the links, lol.
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6373|Alberta, Canada
lol, I could've sworn I posted the links

Link to all of the videos
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4735.html

(Videos of interest)

Has clips of new weapons in an interview, shows ragdoll physics in the clips (yet he says nothing about them?!)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/20748.html

Lighting and effects interview. (It looks nice)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/20797.html

Sorry guys lol.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Ryan wrote:

GR34 wrote:

It does not look the the other call of duties it looks well like a fake war its it modern combat then make it modern not futuristic! I don't think it will live up to the call of duty name!
That's the whole point. There are already 3 COD games all based on WW2. If COD4 was based on WW2, no one would buy it because they want something new.

I'm definitely getting this game though.
Also a WW1 game would be great..Used to have a 1942 mod that was WW1 Was nice!
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6727|06-01
a CoD IV along the lines of a Korean environment with, Russian, Chinese, Brit, Aussie, US units would be cool.
in fact, a BF along that lines would be even better..
The_Mac
+96|6195

tthf wrote:

a CoD IV along the lines of a Korean environment with, Russian, Chinese, Brit, Aussie, US units would be cool.
Well again, the Korea War so no new American infantry weapons. The arsenal was standard World War 2 loadout. The Sherman had been replaced by the Pershing completely, but hell, that's about it. And jets, but on the ground, troop loadout was the same. Thats why there haven't been too many Korea games at all, because people would just feel like they're playing World War 2 only in Korea. Now, if some game developer saw the massive massive battles and saw this as an opportunity to make huge MP battles, Korea would excel. Three years of sheer carnage, borders being pushed back and forth and some good tank - infantry support. Helicopters made a major appearance as well, but not too much in combat. Of course, historical liberties could be taken...
Vietnam, definitely, see my post a few posts above, lol.
Here's my Vietnam speech for you lazies:
CoD Vietnam would be difficult to pull off, simply because Vietnam is in the Jungle, and that would require Infinity Ward to get off their asses and make a decent non linear game, or else they'd realize it would suck badly. The only sort of place they'd set you in would be cities, where they could get away with nonlinearity. But considering only 25% at most of all Vietnam combat took place in the city, you'd be hard pressed to be impressed.
As long as console noobs keep buying CoD, they're not changing. Besides, consoles are too weak to have massive firefights. I noticed you're always runnin around buildings, circumventing these engagements and then shooting from behind, instead of just participating in an unrestricted area and helping the battle ebb and flow. But I guess that would be too hard for them to do, seeing as how their brains have been sludged full of money by mindless console bums.

Korea, you could have some city engagements, I guess, but keep in mind, Korea had the same sort of weaponry World War 2 soldiers had. People play games for the weapons in the game, not just the historical experience.
Why would they want to play a game in Korea, where they could just play CoD2 and get the same sort of kabang out of it?
I think a CoD4 with Multiplayer support with huge maps of BF proportion and diverse vehicles able to be piloted or driven would be my ultimate dream.

Last edited by The_Mac (2007-06-24 20:47:39)

tthf
Member 5307
+210|6727|06-01

The_Mac wrote:

tthf wrote:

Well again, the Korea War so no new American infantry weapons. The arsenal was standard World War 2 loadout. The Sherman had been replaced by the Pershing completely, but hell, that's about it. And jets, but on the ground, troop loadout was the same. Thats why there haven't been too many Korea games at all, because people would just feel like they're playing World War 2 only in Korea. Now, if some game developer saw the massive massive battles and saw this as an opportunity to make huge MP battles, Korea would excel. Three years of sheer carnage, borders being pushed back and forth and some good tank - infantry support. Helicopters made a major appearance as well, but not too much in combat. Of course, historical liberties could be taken...
Vietnam, definitely, see my post a few posts above, lol.
Here's my Vietnam speech for you lazies:

I think a CoD4 with Multiplayer support with huge maps of BF proportion and diverse vehicles able to be piloted or driven would be my ultimate dream.
i meant a modern Korean War scenario

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard