Chou
+737|6790
Switch the power off for her room and back on, PC shutdown and you get to play.
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6298

Kurazoo wrote:

Give her a slap and have a 3sum
baggs
+732|6203
i would just talk to her, im sure she wud be more pissed if she ever found out you went and limited her downloads and shit. Im sure she will appreciate you are a hardcore gamer and you need to destroy some nubs on BF2.

if she wont compromise then you can use that as an excuse as to why you took the measures you did to secure your bandwitdth and ping, this could include but not limit to; stabbing, poisoning, quartering and severe maiming.
']['error
Banned
+630|6643|The Netherlands

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

agent146
+127|6385|Jesus Land aka Canada

james@alienware wrote:

Who pays for what?
ya man. but if your actually sharing the bill for net i say....get a new connection or simply talk...or if your too scared....close her bittorrents and turn it back on when she comes back.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6525|Singapore
tinker around with your router?
bobby177
+129|6472|Texas.. getting out asap
When she's not home wipe her hard drive clean and say "Must be that bittorrent stuff, you can get some nasty viruses".
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6576|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

']['error wrote:

namsdrawkcaB wrote:

Kurazoo wrote:

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6629|Washington, DC

Do you guys use a router? It might be a crock, but you could look into those D-Link gaming routers. Supposedly the allot bandwidth based on the needs of each computer; someone just downloading a file doesn't get as much network bandwidth as someone playing a game.

Don't blame me if it's just a marketing ploy
simmy.uk
+117|6437
Assert your manhood
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6693|San Francisco
Show her how to cap the upload speed, since that's what rapes the connection.  When I was living with 5 other guys in a townhouse apartment sharing one DSL line, we all learned very quickly how to cap the upload speeds so the rest of us could load rendering intensive webpages...like Google.  Keeping something capped at 10Kb/sec works pretty well, pending on your connection.
geNius
..!.,
+144|6441|SoCal
I'm pretty sure it's the number of connections, and not the bandwidth being used.  If you can get on her computer again, go into the advanced settings and reduce the number of connections each torrent can use to something like 5-10, as well as reduce the overall bandwidth of the client.

You can also place IP filters, sometimes with timer settings, in your router's admin. page.  You can always filter her IP from accessing the internet every day, during the times you will be online.  This is how I have my router set up, but I also pay for everything, and only allow people to whore off my line for free when I don't need it.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6235|Uk
ALERT!!! BEST ADVICE EVER!!!

convince her that the computer can still download whilst it is off.  this plan WILL work...honest :S

P.S. if somehow successful, amount of times this will work is inversely proportional to the intelligence of your room mate.  hopefully they are a retard.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard