Viktor_Von-Carstein
+1|6167
If stats were reset then I would definitely still play BF2.

If stats were removed I would play a lot more project reality.

As for Quake Wars played the BETA not impressed and definitely cannot see how that will kill BF2.

Anyone who says stats aren't important is talking out of their hoop.

Hence why the most popular servers in CSS are the ones running stats (Psychostats or HLSTATSX), Quake Wars, Unreal Tournament and TAC OPS all run global stats. Not to mention MMORPG are very popular and they all record stats in the form of money, gold items etc and in EVE Online people create their own killboard to record stats.

Stats are important to games and will be in the future as human nature is competitive and people like to compare themselves against others or be able to physically see their progress.

No I am not a stat whore but I like to use them to see if I am improving.
Pup0311
+3|6663
I know that it is just a game but I have played a long time to get the mediocre stats that I have...  so Yes I would keep playing if stats were reset albeit with a twinge of disappointment (after all it took forever to get the War college ribbon).

If stats were not reset just taken away from the game then I am not sure what I would do because as much as I enjoy the game the stats are a big part of it and it may not be as fun without it.

On the other hand without stats maybe the hackers would go somewhere else because why hack for no stats???

So I guess when I reread this post and try to draw a conclusion my decision as to whether I would play BF2 without stats is a "definite maybe".
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

Shit, I just realized that this would mean my EU medal being destroyed.

Fuck THAT shit >:(
Raphi
Banned
+354|6260|Basel, Switzerland

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Wait...what? is there a problem with the stats?!?!
Omg. Yes.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6303
Just restart. What else can you do?
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6449|Boulder, CO
I'd just start afresh, i need a new account really as i screwed up the name on my old one, all i need is an excuse.
(BMR)Commando
+2|6157
I like the start over idea but only track servers that have friendly fire on and auto kik after five Tks and turn off the TK punish bullcrap :<
20 plus players before stats are recorded . And all the other bugs fixed
suomalainen_äijä
+64|6167
if they do that, I will never buy a game that's made by EA
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6392|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
They would keep somthing like a monthly backup of peoples stats and store it away incase somthing happends and they could reset back to a past date, sort of like windows system restore. This is going to sound noob but i know they do this in other games like runescape(dont ask how i know) rofl.
Stalker2006
+14|6220|Germany - Berlin

suomalainen_äijä wrote:

if they do that, I will never buy a game that's made by EA
The game is not made by EA, DICE made it, EA is only the publisher
im_in_heaven
+27|6589
id make myself a bagel if i got reset
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6690|"The Empire"
Starting everyone again would prob make the game more interesting, i would definitely give it ago!
Unreal_Insanity
+9|6166

mazerali62 wrote:

Starting everyone again would prob make the game more interesting, i would definitely give it ago!
Thats what Im saying. Alot of people are still buying this old game and finding it interesting. But if you give all these people a whole new fresh start, would most likely boost the games momentum!!
IonYou
+3|6635
So.....anyone up for some stat padding?

ITA=TNT<SEREUPIN>
+3|6310|Milan, north Italy

dark110 wrote:

"stats" are part of the game and COME WITH my purchse. So if they drop it...

I'll sue their ass.
I totally agree with you   well said !
iPwnerrrr
Lets go tazy crazy!
+19|6264

Yaocelotl wrote:

I'll start over again, no problem at all.
Yup. No More Purple Heart. xD
Stalker2006
+14|6220|Germany - Berlin

iPwnerrrr wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

I play bf2 since 2005 and i was never in the near of a purple heart^^
_1_MAN-ARMY.17
+27|6222|Turkey
i got 1 on my first day playing my first fps game at 7/72005
']['error
Banned
+630|6645|The Netherlands
I'd be pissed and just started playing again.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6680|Middle of nowhere
lol, it would be awesome to see everyone as privates/sergeants running around, lol
officer_matt
I eat noobs for breakfast
+23|6230|Switzerland
I would be really pissed, but having a new start would be nice too
psH
Banned
+217|6385|Sydney
HELLO 2142!
irishtop
Hopscotch Champion
+11|6164|Houston, Texas
I would probably be really pissed, seeing as the stats system is something that sets this game apart from others and it ads depth i wouldnt want to see it start over that would just frustrate me. So id probably play the game still but not near as much; more CS:S
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6150|'straya
i might be going insane here...but i am gradually getting points...but as if its about 2 weeks behind... and trying to catch up...i have only got around 50 points so far when i have score easily over 2000
Anewgirl
+12|6154|Vermont U.S.A

Stalker2006 wrote:

iPwnerrrr wrote:

Yaocelotl wrote:

I play bf2 since 2005 and i was never in the near of a purple heart^^
My hero^^

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard