tupla_s
+455|6594|Finland
I'd continue playing Project Reality
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
i am only 5000 points away from my third star... i think, i would be disappointed at first, because it was so close to the last rank, a non-maniac can reach. but at least, i wouldn´t care much, because a fresh account can be much more fun, as nobody can see that you are already experienced. i love it, when a first sergeant tells me, that noobs shouldn´t fly, when i manage to get in the chopper with my noob-account....

after earning most the medals and ribbons and stuff, i wanted . i do care less about the whole stats. i am just working to get my k/d up
Teflonspray
+2|6470

Unreal_Insanity wrote:

... You dont care about stats ?
..he asked on a forum of a site that's dedicated to the stats of BF2. I've always found it amusing when people on this site complain about how other people "care" about their BF2 stats.

On topic: yeah, it would be disappointing. But a fresh new start for everyone? That could actually be rather fun. Since I started playing this game a year after everybody else, this time I wouldn't give anybody a head start.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle

DivineMomentofTruth wrote:

since you recently got your account reset
why?
Capt.Irviding
I like big butts, and I cannot lie.
+13|6227

You know Unreal Insanity... this question wouldn't be so stupid if:

1.) ... it wasn't ironic since you recently got your account reset
2.) ... what you're musing was actually possible given the current issue with the stats.

- the problem is that the stats aren't updating since the 13th, so why would we lose all our past stats if they're here and available for us to look at? No, I think this thread was just inspired by the anguish you felt after all your points were wiped. The stats outage was just a coincidence.
haha good old divine always finding stuff out to beat people lol thats what I like about you.

anyway, Dark may have a chance to get a cash setlement.
Stalker2006
+14|6221|Germany - Berlin

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

i am only 5000 points away from my third star... i think, i would be disappointed at first, because it was so close to the last rank, a non-maniac can reach. but at least, i wouldn´t care much, because a fresh account can be much more fun, as nobody can see that you are already experienced. i love it, when a first sergeant tells me, that noobs shouldn´t fly, when i manage to get in the chopper with my noob-account....

after earning most the medals and ribbons and stuff, i wanted . i do care less about the whole stats. i am just working to get my k/d up
Listen up guys, SELL YOUR ACCOUNTS @ EBAY BEFORE IT IS TO LATE!!!!

I know what I am talking about
Sgt.Gene
+215|6765
I would start again one last time... lol, then if I got reset again, I'd quit.
Suicidal
+20|6510
How come you've already been reset before??
Sgt.Gene
+215|6765

Suicidal wrote:

How come you've already been reset before??
lol, too many reasons, too many accounts to sit here and explain.
(BMR)Commando
+2|6157
The Ranking system was a big part of this game during its development.The idea didn't just fall out of the sky it was a marketing ploy which worked and continues to sell merchandise for all game makers. Theres allot of money being invested buy all players especially people who run servers / team-speak / buying expansions etc... Most players spend a modest amount on there rigs to enjoy a decent game experience , its a never ending investment across the board . Being modest calculate $160.00 for the game and expansions multiply that by 300000 players =
$48,000,000.00. I don't no exactly how much was sold but if you did some research you could get close to a money figure on the total.
Then add the money invested by everything else servers / Team-speak / hardware / etc ... Id say we are getting ripped off wouldn't you .
  I myself am not a hardcore player i play to have fun and try to win every match i play not every medal . I like the team play atmosphere that BF2 brought to the original BF , i like the ranking system because its part of the game . It makes players work together as a team , if you play to enjoy the game you have a sense of accomplishment when your team wins . It brings a competitive feel to the game which everyone enjoys .
Sure there's allot of dumb jerk offs(being modest) that hack etc ... but the majority of players make it work . I played BF DC for 6 months after BF2 was released . Because i didn't think anything could replace  DC . Then i learned that the makers of Desert Combat were involved in BF2 so i gave it a try and liked it . " Guess what " They improved the Team play and the ranking system along with the graphics etc . So i was pleased with my purchase. The only other expansions i bought was Special Forces and Armored Fury .
  I haven't a clue as to why the Ranking system is down but it wouldn't surprise me if some low life group of hackers that got there stats wiped found a way to break it. It is just a game but its my game . At least until something else comes along that's better .
  Also i like what another member said " we should all just sit around the campfire and sing songs" rofl

Last edited by (BMR)Commando (2007-06-21 04:05:01)

Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6485|P-way, NJ
I would like to start over.
B|ackhawk
+12|6202|Manchester, England
i would troll these forums laughing at all the people quitting because of stats
Suicidal
+20|6510
I'm with Blackhawk
[GSF]AFROPUFF
+7|6542
I would say watch the stat padding and hacking hit a alll time HIGH!!!!!!!         But would love the chance to start again..... with the point system as it was at the start. If the stats faild i hopw EA would take the opertutnity to minimise   the amount of cheats with a new improved system and service

Last edited by [GSF]AFROPUFF (2007-06-21 04:17:21)

BarryBarret
+1|6652
I love Bf2 and never really used to care about the stats until I got good at it. The stats come with the game and even though the stats are not being recorded I am still playing BUT I would be really pissed off if my 185,000 points were to just disappear. I mean it's still a game.. but a game that requires a lot of time and dedication to get the awards, ranks and badges and for that reason the stats cannot disappear.. People worked too hard and to long to get them.

Dice sux

BarryBarret

Owned by me... probably
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6502|Valley of the Dragons
Just a wild guess here, but I assume that backups are in place in case of a malfunction. So the chance on losing the complete database is absurd. Although this game never seizes to amaze me in the number of bugs, patches and even more bugs after patches.
Luckily Project Reality is doing fine and FH2 is just around the corner from the looks of it. Plus QW is coming out real soon
cospengle
+140|6489|Armidale, NSW, Australia

BarryBarret wrote:

Dice sux
[American-style over-dramatisation] Oh why!!? don't people !!? understand !!? It's not DICE !!? It's EA !!? (actually according to EA!!? it's GameSpy !!?) [/ASOD]
[GSF]AFROPUFF
+7|6542
QW hell yeah

But im not impressed as to how it it still moves like quake 3 arena, very unrealistic........just another fragfest and shoot anywhere coz your moving too fast
103Steve
+2|6158|England
I'd continue to play if all stats were lost, but I wouldn't play as frequently as I do now with my current stats.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6625|EU

we just start BF3 with new patch

I dont really care about them, lately I dont have time for playing on pubs, mostly all I do is idling on EU server and playing clan wars. Though Im not saying that I dont like them.

Last edited by sdlettonieCZLV (2007-06-21 04:33:42)

MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6169
I would kill 2 people, and 2 people only.
Unreal_Insanity
+9|6166

t0mhank5 wrote:

You know Unreal Insanity... this question wouldn't be so stupid if:

1.) ... it wasn't ironic since you recently got your account reset
2.) ... what you're musing was actually possible given the current issue with the stats.

- the problem is that the stats aren't updating since the 13th, so why would we lose all our past stats if they're here and available for us to look at? No, I think this thread was just inspired by the anguish you felt after all your points were wiped. The stats outage was just a coincidence.
Owch. Zinger.
You think Im impacted by that ?? ROFL. I have my 4 star account still available and can easily make it to where I was. I was tricked by little envy n00bs and I fell for thee ol' k p invite/server history garbage!!! I know if everyone had to start over YOU would DIE!!!! Since you are in the top 25, ROFL!!!! I would love to start over, and see everyone do the same. It would be tight!
XSI
+0|6238|Portugal

Sgt.Gene wrote:

I would start again one last time... lol, then if I got reset again, I'd quit.
What is wrong with your account?
Suicidal
+20|6510

MGS3_GrayFox wrote:

I would kill 2 people, and 2 people only.
*Hides*
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6393|fåking denmark
I'd just start over again ..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard