xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6742|Louisiana
I played BFPro awhile back to see what it was about, there was only one public US server so that's what I played on. I don't remember the name but I wasn't that amazed. The players were better but I still easily got a good K/D ratio when I played. And I'm just some pub noob.

I did get laughed at a few times for having a [bf2s] tag though

Last edited by xintegrityx (2007-06-20 14:48:58)

farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6543

xintegrityx wrote:

I played BFPro awhile back to see what it was about, there was only one public US server so that's what I played on. I don't remember the name but I wasn't that amazed. The players were better but I still easily got a good K/D ratio when I played. And I'm just some pub noob.

I did get laughed at a few times for having a [bf2s] tag though
A lot of em are asses in the pro pubs but most of em are ok.
You just gotta know who hacks and who doesn't 0o.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6412|6 feet under
is it worth the download? is the skill/talent/anything else gained useful for vanilla play?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6666

Marinejuana wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I would just like to discuss one thing with Ez, and one thing only:

"US players practice with BF2pro and are therefore better"

wrong. In regular BF2, your aim has to be far more consistent. This means that in BF2pro, you only need to aim well for a second. in regular BF2, you need to hold on longer. Thus, you need to be able to aim better. the best vanilla players learn the tricks which those who exclusively BF2pro don't. BF2pro is a lot better for competitive play, but you learn more from playing vanilla.
i also agree with this, except your last phrase about actually learning more from vanilla. You say high deviation means consistence, and while that is part of aiming in fps, it isnt all of it. its one skill to hold something in your crosshairs and track it while your random cone of fire slowly kills it, and its another to snap wide numbers of degrees to specific pixels, perfectly click them and then turn another 90 or more degrees to cover or another shot. if the game is about holding flashlights on eachother, then a lot of the skill in fastpaced CQC tactics is lost in the process of mindlessly staring at eachother letting the game decide who is more smooth/lucky with the mouse. I'm making the point that neither mod ultimately teaches you more because both require that you depend on specific skills.

and i'd also like to mention that kajukenbo is better than all those dudes in chaos like simba.
come on marine.. snap aim is present in both. Do I really need to explain that?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6676|under there hayousaidunderwear

theit57 wrote:

is it worth the download? is the skill/talent/anything else gained useful for vanilla play?
I wouldn't dl it unless you play scrims/matches
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6412|6 feet under

majorassult wrote:

theit57 wrote:

i think what i'll do is give it a try
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6514|Valley of the Dragons

majorassult wrote:

theit57 wrote:

What he said. Some stuff in that mod will make it harder to play Vanilla afterwards.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6543

Jemme101 wrote:

majorassult wrote:

theit57 wrote:

What he said. Some stuff in that mod will make it harder to play Vanilla afterwards.
actually ive found it makes it easier to play vanilla because a:you have less nades

and b:you have less med packs.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6598|Seattle

SargeV1.4 wrote:

snap aim is present in both. Do I really need to explain that?
but if u are waiting on deviation for the kill then it becomes less important compared with holding your aim after you get to the target. in other words, there could even be particular players that are slow and steady but still get kills. vanilla is a slower paced game because of high deviation. in pro it is much more possible to one burst people and defeat a group with reflexes, in vanilla that involves more luck than pro because of deviation (however pro still has a luck element because it inherits all of bf2's crappy hitreg, especially against the "pro" dustbunnies that are around). Because pro is more accurate it opens the door to learning much faster paced infantry playing, but maybe not as smooth as a style that u might find if killing required more shots like in vanilla.
eagles1106
+269|6597|Marlton, New Jersey.
Enough flaming, and stfu people.  Ez, go sit down, you sound like a fucking retard, using scrub every 3 words and flaming everybody.  Now, after playing in vanilla pubs for over 600 hours, I was playing an infantry only server, got recruited into a competition team, and I'm glad I did.  First, whichever works for you is fine, whether it be playing in an every man for yourself vanilla pub where it can be pretty easy to get kills seeing as there are 4 nades a kit, tons of medpacks, and guns that are far more accurate and powerful then others (unlocks).  First playing matches and scrimmages against other teams in vanilla got old, even with no unlocks, because of being able to shit out all 4 nades out your ass every chance you get, and the fact that the hit regestration in it is worse, and there is more of an inbalance between guns. 

To the people who immediately bash pro because they think it takes less skill, you are 100% wrong.  First, the makers of the mod actually fixed the hitreg somewhat, and yes guns are more accurate.  But this doesnt just mean you can spray at any person and kill them, which would take less skill.  You actually have to aim to hit something, and it would take a lot of skill coming from vanilla to kill anything, seeing as there isnt people who dont know how to play the game running everywhere and getting shot in the back.  The makers made the mod because of the inbalance in vanilla, and the fact that you can shoot at somebody and not be able to hit because of horrible regestration.  Its more balanced when you can shoot somebody in the head and actually kill them.  Players that have experience with pro are generally competition players, and have a ton of skill.  Just because guns are more accurate, you wont be able to kill a thing compared to vanilla.  People who play pro generally have more experience in competition, and move very well to not get hit by bullets, and know how to put down an opponent.  Bashers, it takes MORE skill to kill something while playing pro then in vanilla, sorry, but thats the way it is.

If you think im wrong, download it and try playing in one of the few pubs running, or even ask to ring in a scrimmage, which is far more hard then a pub to do well.
The link is here....download the bf2pro 1.5 exe and give it a try
http://caleague.com/?page=files

Last edited by eagles1106 (2007-06-20 15:56:37)

theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6412|6 feet under
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SEND ME THE LINK for it because the one i dl'ed was for 1942
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6481

theit57 wrote:

It will more likely your vanilla skills worse than. The amount of deviation on the weapons has changed drastically so you will get used to the guns being more accurate.
Ez
+2|6196
It will make you never want to play vanila again.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6379|California

']['error wrote:

Ez wrote:

I care nothing for you fagish Euro LANs, I would like to see you do anything in one of our LANs.

P.S I won CAL-O last season
You should STFU right know, you  are such an redneck, thinking US is better then everything else. Guess what: Euro's can also win ladders/be good in games and most important: kick your fat burgerking redneck ass. /flame
/cry
/cry
/cry
I'll let you know that most of us aren't fat rednecks... with a few exceptions.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6476|meh-land
my vanilla skilsl are way better because of bfpro

although, my m16 skills are't that great, but the AK are pretty good
agent146
+127|6400|Jesus Land aka Canada
i qoute from someone but i add a disclaimer that I, agent146, do not hold any relations or opinons on this qoute. i just find it hiliarious:
"bf2pro is for amateurs that can't shoot and hit for shit"
as for the inverted flags.....i say why don't you just switch teams?
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6476|meh-land
i have no idea what this is about inverted flags, but i know nothing of it.  Someone's just guessing.  the only changes were a lot of guns were made more accurate and ROF lowered on a bunch of the automatics.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6514|Valley of the Dragons

farmerfez wrote:

Jemme101 wrote:

majorassult wrote:

actually ive found it makes it easier to play vanilla because a:you have less nades

and b:you have less med packs.
Its not the nades and medpacks that make the difference. Its the shots on target you get. I tried it for a couple of days when it was still new. Must have been for a clan that played TWL (I still have it here somewhere I think). The fact you could land more rounds on target than vanilla was pretty ok and I dont have any problems with that. This a bit the same with PR I think.

Problem is you know when you fired a couple of rounds on target you will get a kill (Pro). So you move on. In vanilla you always have the random stuff involved. If you go from Pro > Vanilla you will have to fire more bullets to get a kill. Thats pretty irritating to me at least, because it screws over your tempo in matches or even pubs. You anticipate a situation and you move on, but its different for pro and vanilla.

Plus seeing there is only a handfull of servers out there (not even on my side of the big pond) I really dont see the point. You are better of playing Project Reality if you want a change of pace. Plus PR has teamwork on pubs because its an integral part of the game.
Tripulaci0n
+14|6169
As far as I can tell BFPro must be easier because, like someone else said, you don't have to cross your fingers and say a hail mary for your shots to hit.
Ez
+2|6196

Tripulaci0n wrote:

As far as I can tell BFPro must be easier because, like someone else said, you don't have to cross your fingers and say a hail mary for your shots to hit.
Yeah but you can't be bad and play it because the rest of the players all can hit you unless your movement is really good.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6476|meh-land
BFpro is a lot more about who can land the first headshot than bf2.  In bf2 it is way harder to land a headshot and as such people tend to aim lower and just hope for a headshot.  In BFpro you HAVE to aim for the head and land as many there as possible, because if you don't chances are pretty high that the other guy will, and then you're dead
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6781|Tenn
pro is good; but as stated. its all about poppin that no-scope headshot. movement and well placed nades work well also
Marinejuana
local
+415|6598|Seattle

Chaos|Jewfro wrote:

Chaos|Jewfro wrote:

Chaos|Jewfro wrote:

owned
I second that own
agreed
Nobody ANYWHERE respects you, certainly not in a legit forum such as this. You aren't even good with your current purchase. i always see you in scrims just hiding behind cover trying to have a good KD ratio. I will always have more skill than you because you are a fatty with no coordination and that was clear from the start. i cant wait for some bored computer science major to code something that will detect that shit, its going to be hilarious to hear about all your skull bashing then. Now i still think eags is a nice guy on xfire and stuff, same with roman, but jewfro is a joke, i bet his clanmates secretly agree, lol.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6843|Denver colorado

Marinejuana wrote:

Chaos|Jewfro wrote:

Chaos|Jewfro wrote:

I second that own
agreed
Nobody ANYWHERE respects you, certainly not in a legit forum such as this. You aren't even good with your current purchase. i always see you in scrims just hiding behind cover trying to have a good KD ratio. I will always have more skill than you because you are a fatty with no coordination and that was clear from the start. i cant wait for some bored computer science major to code something that will detect that shit, its going to be hilarious to hear about all your skull bashing then. Now i still think eags is a nice guy on xfire and stuff, same with roman, but jewfro is a joke, i bet his clanmates secretly agree, lol.
I agree with you. What a lamer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard