Tcx_1
+3|6749|Alberta, Canada
How's the progress on the WCR TehSeraphim?
Haven't seen you in any EA servers lately.
TehSeraphim
Thread Ender
+58|6732|New Hampshire

Wildbill100372 wrote:

The thing is, it's mathematically impossible for every BF2 player to get this ribbon. Everyone can't have a 3:1 win/loss ratio.
Not true.  For this to be true everyone would have to play in the same server and only the same server - since there are thousands of servers, it's entirely possible for everyone to get this ribbon if they try hard enough.  It's just more difficult if everyone is goin for it at the same time - just like if everyone was going for expert c4 at the same time - not everyone could get it in the same server on the same day, thats why there are many other servers and times, etc.

As for the WCR quest Tcx, it's alright...i only brought my win loss up .01 today - I got nubbed into 3 losses, which voided 15 of my wins...depressing.  However, I managed to bring it up .26 from last sunday - .26 in a week is great!  I hope to have it by the end of February.
Tcx_1
+3|6749|Alberta, Canada
Yah, every loss is painful when you're going for the ribbon.
Next time I see ya online, lets groundpound and get you a few more wins.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6752

TehSeraphim wrote:

No matter how hard you try you sometimes get stuck with teams that are just terrible, teams that have plenty of intentional TKers on them, etc.  Fact of the matter is, I'll be damned if I left some self absorbed lance corporals have me have to make 5 more wins to make up for that one loss (you need as many wins as your losses divided by 10 to make .01 improvement on your win loss - for instance, i have 488 losses right now, so i need to win 4.88 rounds (approx 5) to have my win loss go up .01).
Your right about getting stuck on crappy teams half the time and theres not much you can do about it...which is exactly why the win ratio requirement should be removed/changed.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6680

ResDog1 wrote:

Well since we know that 3:1 win/loose isn't achievable with non statpadding we know that everybody that had this medal is a cheat.

So why worry about it, since having the WC ribbon is not an honor, but a sign of weakness.

There is a reason the Dutch word for toilet is WC.
And we all know a toilet/WC is full of shit.

So do not worry about it and only play on servers that do not let you switch.
Exactly, well put.  I have Not once changed from a team for a win.  My ratio is a winning one, not by much though.  I would have to do the team swtiching constantly to get a 3/1 ratio.

It's just not possible to get playing fair.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6752

Stealth42o wrote:

It's just not possible to get playing fair.
Possible...but your more likely to be killed by lightning while fighting a shark in your backyard.

Last edited by the_ubernoob_ (2006-01-27 15:21:40)

Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6693
I agree.  This ribbon just causes trouble.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6749|United States

MarkPuppets wrote:

I think WAR COLLEGE RIBBON should be removed from this game. WHY? A ribbon with complete gayness. I was playing as usual and just before our team is about to loose, most of guys switch to other team. It was 26/14 !! I even didn't realise this before the around ended. It was 26/14 for a few rounds, until I left. Many servers (clan servers) changed auto-balance OFF and allow people to switch. I don't blame people anymore but I think the real GAY is EA/DICE where they suck donkey. How the fuck you will get 3:1 win/loose ? Obviously people will cheat/statepad or whatever. My suggestion is just FUCKING remove this GAY ribbon OR change it to 1.5:1 or 2:1. Another brainless game-company EA trying to suck more money by their upcoming gay sucking booster pack. Think again EA about the math.......3:1 win/loose ....... a donkey can suck better !!!
The ribbon is homosexual?
Wildbill100372
+1|6693

TehSeraphim wrote:

Wildbill100372 wrote:

The thing is, it's mathematically impossible for every BF2 player to get this ribbon. Everyone can't have a 3:1 win/loss ratio.
Not true.  For this to be true everyone would have to play in the same server and only the same server - since there are thousands of servers, it's entirely possible for everyone to get this ribbon if they try hard enough.
Sorry, I should have stated that assuming autobalance is on. Otherwise, no, it's impossible for everyone to get it, if autobalance is on on every server or assuming that the teams are even when every round ends, which is EA's intention.
ResDog1
+51|6774|Netherlands

NOxFEAR wrote:

ResDog1 wrote:

Well since we know that 3:1 win/loose isn't achievable with non statpadding we know that everybody that had this medal is a cheat.

So why worry about it, since having the WC ribbon is not an honor, but a sign of weakness.

There is a reason the Dutch word for toilet is WC.
And we all know a toilet/WC is full of shit.

So do not worry about it and only play on servers that do not let you switch.
are you on drugs i nearly have my WAR and the fact of the matter is i play well as a team, sign of weakness my ass, get your facts right before posting shite!
You statpadder!
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6718|Gütersloh, Germany
It is possible wwithout team switching. 23:1 W:L last night on 16 slots EA Official. That improved my ratio by 0.04.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6717

=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn wrote:

MarkPuppets wrote:

a donkey can suck better !!!
and you know this...how?
^^ i lol'd
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6732
According to bf2s im 297 days till i get it:
Requirements:

IAR: 45 Commander Points (before 2x)
50h Total time as commander √
3 win:loss ratio 42.46%

1 of 3. Earning 2 should take you about 297 days
-=WYD=-JoKeR
+1|6684

=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn wrote:

MarkPuppets wrote:

a donkey can suck better !!!
and you know this...how?
That was the best reply to post I've seen this week.....
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6765|Longueuil
I never check witch team i join and i often switch to the LOOSING team for the chalenge...

This reabon is for self esteam lamers...

If i get it or not i dont care and im surely not gonna work for it since im probably never gonna get 50 hours as a comander the only time i take the command his when im sniping and theres no comanders to give me supplies then i grab command drop my self some amo and resign...
You guys are so gay choosing the winning or stronger team when you join a game Pouhahaha...

Get some honor to yourself do it the hard way !!!
dh124289
Anything but what it is now!
+11|6685
Can someone please clarify.. does the WCR ribbon 3:1 ratio only apply to wins/losses as commander, or total play? Because I see conflicting info in this thread.
Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6718|Gütersloh, Germany
Overall W:L
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

Why worry that people switch teams at the last second? If one team is winning by 150 points to 5, I don't think that even everyone going on the loosing team is going to change the outcome. So what if people switch over? Sure people have a certain sense of honour and don't want to leave their team, but for those who have no issues, let the baby have it's bottle.

If it's so much of an issue for you, join a server that strongly enforces even teams. I've tried to switch to the winning team on ICONZ servers, but they don't let you, they just deduct two points and leave you right where you started.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6730

MarkPuppets wrote:

I think WAR COLLEGE RIBBON should be removed from this game. !!!
I totally agree.

What is done to soldiers who start fighting on the enemy side during the war  (read: during a round in-game) ?
Right .... firesquad !

War College Ribbon = Traitor College Ribbon.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6856|"Frisco"

MarkPuppets wrote:

I think WAR COLLEGE RIBBON should be removed from this game. WHY? A ribbon with complete gayness.
And that, right there, is precisely where I stopped reading your post.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6747|The Hague, Netherlands

well im trying for the WCR and my W/L ratio goes up but very slow lol, it was 1.75 then i screwed up a bit and it was 1.64 now its going good and its 2.01 so only need .99 lol takes some time thats all

Last edited by -=>cSc<=-*RunDje*cT| (2006-02-02 14:18:35)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6680
The 3/1 ratio need to be changed, it is not possible.  I have never switched teams for a win, I consider myself a pretty good player and my win pertenage is around 55%.  You win one, the other team adapts, they win the next.  it what makes the game fun.

Just change the 3/1 and all is good.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6747|The Hague, Netherlands

They shouldnt have to change the 3/1 win loss ratio , they should change the overall 3/1 win loss ratio. it should be your own commander ratio with win and losses (3/1)

Awarded to recognize achievements which, through their dedication and gallantry, have set the individual apart and above other commanders.

'individual above other commanders'
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard