Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

The original goal of karma was to reward/punish someone for his/her actions and involvement on the forums.

As many of you know, the karma system had some drastic changes (read: the removal of the negative karma function) because many abused it beyond the limits of adult behaviour. With the removal of negative karma a new problem arose: the askin and/or begging for karma, here after to be called 'asking for karma'. Where one would be negative karma'd for asking in the past, one is now risk free to ask for karma.

Therefore we, the staff of BF2s.com, have decided that asking for karma is now an official offense under BF2s.com Forum Rules #18:

Abusing karma will result in a temp ban.
(If you think what you are doing is questionable then don't do it cause you will be banned for "Abusing the Karma System")

All signatures & postings that feature:
  • +1 if you like it,
  • +1 me and I'll return the favor,
  • +1 me if you like,
  • And other various methods of karma requesting,
will be removed from now on, and will count as a serious offense. Leading up to the state of permanent removal from BF2s.com. And to do that we need your help to! If you see a karma begger, please report him to the nearest mod, by pressing the report button below his post with the appropriate reason.Giving karma because:
  • you liked the thread,
  • someone made a point you agree to,
  • or other various reasons, that have valid cause,

is still allowed and encouraged by the staff, because that is the reason karma was introduced in the first place.

Regards,

Bernadictus on behalf of the entire BF2s.com staff.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

Is offering karma as a thread prize still legal?

Last edited by Fenris_GreyClaw (2007-06-20 01:39:37)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6601|Finland

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

As it would be considered as a reward for contribution, I'd say yes.
I need around tree fiddy.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6622|pimelteror.de
lol... i just got asked, if i would like to karma-statspad....
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6457|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)
Will, +1 someone back considered illegal now?

Edit: just curious

Last edited by SgtHeihn (2007-06-20 01:56:47)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Not that I whore karma at all, nor care about people who do, but I still think this is a good idea. Maybe now the karma number someone has will actually mean something with regards to their contributions to the forums instead of how they were able to convince a bunch of idiots to inflate it.
slaata
there's laughter in slaughter
+18|6696
good work +1 for me if you agrea . not really . lol
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6601|Finland

SgtHeihn wrote:

If you feel like giving karma back to someone, I see no problem with that.

However: Asking/begging for return-karma in karma-messages is an offense of the forum rules!
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6145|sverige
i will now karma whore everyone that has posted in this thread before me
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6601|Finland

Ruckel wrote:

i will now karma whore everyone that has posted in this thread before me
That is *ahem* abusing the karma system. Ref: "LOAZ U IZ LIEK THE FUNNIES BOI EVA!"-karma spams, which resulted in numerous bans.
paper_pigeon
God Status
+26|6195|Mildura, Aus
so say i karma someone for a post and in the Karma Text box i say for example "funny post man! dont forget to karma back - paper_pigeon"

that would end up in me being perma banned?
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

DonFck wrote:

SgtHeihn wrote:

If you feel like giving karma back to someone, I see no problem with that.

However: Asking/begging for return-karma in karma-messages is an offense of the forum rules!
Ok thank you for the clarification Donny
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6601|Finland

paper_pigeon wrote:

so say i karma someone for a post and in the Karma Text box i say for example "funny post man! dont forget to karma back - paper_pigeon"

Moderators can see your karma; who you got it from, who you gave it to, etc. You would be caught and probably removed for 3 days, or at least slapped on the wrist with a warning + getting your own thread in the Mods only section for easier surveillance.
paper_pigeon
God Status
+26|6195|Mildura, Aus

DonFck wrote:

paper_pigeon wrote:

Moderators can see your karma; who you got it from, who you gave it to, etc. You would be caught and probably removed for 3 days, or at least slapped on the wrist with a warning + getting your own thread in the Mods only section for easier surveillance.
WTF happened to anonymous karma?

but thanks for the info don
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6601|Finland

paper_pigeon wrote:

DonFck wrote:

paper_pigeon wrote:

WTF happened to anonymous karma?

but thanks for the info don
Karma is anonymous so that members cannot see who karma'd them, but moderators can. It's necessary.
derstralle
Iron Egg Skill, bitches!
+29|6185
What about my sig?
Its making ridicule about karma-asking sigs.. banned too?
(Please tell me, and Ill take it out ASAP)
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked

derstralle wrote:

What about my sig?
#  And other various methods of karma begging
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center

derstralle wrote:

What about my sig?
Well, those karma sigs won't be along for much longer...so you'd probably be better off removing yours.
derstralle
Iron Egg Skill, bitches!
+29|6185

ThomasMorgan wrote:

derstralle wrote:

What about my sig?
Well, those karma sigs won't be along for much longer...so you'd probably be better off removing yours.
Will do.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why does a German guy have better grammar than 99% of posters here?
First: I'm Dutch, from the Netherlands. Not Deutsch, which is German for German (Sounds weird I know).

Second: We are taught English from an early age, I was 10 when I started learning English as my second language.

Third: Our educational system is focused on not only our country, but world wide. We learn English, French and German and much of the worlds history is also thought.

We Dutch/Europeans have always been world civilized. Unless the Americans, who seem not to keen on learning anything except their own history (evidence: multiple YouTube movies). This has much to do with our world expansion in the 17th century. (Wiki entry on the VOC).
Nintendogamer
+72|6557|Chelmsford, UK
can you still start a topic requiring help and put at the end of your question:will +K

is that allowed?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

Nintendogamer wrote:

can you still start a topic requiring help and put at the end of your question:will +K

is that allowed?

DonFck wrote:

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

As it would be considered as a reward for contribution, I'd say yes.
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6478|Bournemouth, South England
Wooo!  I was one of the first casualties of Bernie's legislation!  3 violations in one post! (Which is nothing to be proud of, kids! Stay at school!). 

Have removed half my sig as a result   1.  Well oversized....   2.  The whole karma and bears thing...   3.   I post crap....

Fair enough!

Edit: 14 Karma awarded in a thread against k-padders.... What is the world coming to?

Last edited by Penetrator_01 (2007-06-20 04:45:31)

=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6554|England
*Looks at forum name*

Told you guys.... its a dangerous thing.

Ill be in my corner.

EDIT: ZOMG DO IZ LEIK HAEV TO TAEK AWY MIE KRMA SATT PADD PCTIRE?!?!/1?!?!?!??!!?!??!??!

Last edited by =Karma-Kills= (2007-06-20 06:50:18)

Chou
+737|6761
Karma = overrated

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard