JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6346

[AH1z]PJ wrote:

Missionless wrote:

Last Battle On      2007-06-14 22:45:00

aka last time mine got recorded

i dont really care about the stats being down, and u guys talk like its your life.
mine says Last Battle On 2007-06-17 but I havent noticed any change in my stats, hmm weird
on the 14th it said my last battle was the 16th lol then it said my last battle is today when mine didnt change at alllllllll
siciliano732
+202|6658|New York

PsychoKillers wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

PsychoKillers wrote:

-sigh- Yet another disapointment about BF2 to look foreward to. And over the last 2 days I have been playing hardcore working for some serious points and badges.
I feel your pain. I ditched all my responsibilties this weekend to rank up and well......fuck!!!!
Oh I know! I was about to skip a night of partying jsut to get expert explosive and expert knife!
prime example of when you know you play too much and need a life....
caponte10
+0|6167
I guess it explains a lot now! I have lost about 2500 points plus 3 promotions like the VETERAN RESUPPLY and a few others. For example I strated today playing around 2:00PM and started at 17,688 points by the time I stop playing at 3:30AM more than 12 hours of game my score is still the same. So I guess I lost all the points and promos I took today.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6353
What the hell!
I decided two days ago, that I would like to play a few hours Bf2 again. I quit playing a long time ago (10-29-2006/14:09 to be exact) because I got 2142 and I like it way more.
But I have like a thousand points towards my next promotion and like 4 hours to play support to be able to get my Gold badge so I thought why not. Bf2 annoys the crap outta me, Jet-whoring like no tomorrow, teamkilling ego-maniacs chasing after the kill no matter what. But somehow I enjoyed living the old days again, you know?

Now I come here and read that the stats are not updating. lollerskates. The only reason I started again was because of the stats.

I'm gonna play 2142 until EA or Gamespy or whoever resolved the issue.

Sisco out.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Daily_Tasks
+5|6298|Las Vegas, Nevada
Past week,for my stats it took longer then usual to update. Did not have any problems with my points. Everything is all right. Call it luck or whatever. Hope that u guys get your points....
DIE-MACHT[SnC]
+1|6167
ok lets see...
2 gold 1 silver 1 bronze medal
3 badges
over 1200 points
damn and i was wondering why i played so good on the last 3 days....
i guess murhpys law is the answer
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6207|Winland

Like last tiem they released a new map... Wake did this too, but just for one day.

Wait a sec....

YAY NOW WE CAN STATPAD!!!!!!!! WITHOUT GETTING CAUGHT!!!!!! Aren't I clever?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
McCullough
+7|6848
Does anyone know for how long the stats will be down? A few days, weeks MONTHS!?
MGS3_GrayFox
+50|6176

McCullough wrote:

Does anyone know for how long the stats will be down? A few days, weeks MONTHS!?
Violet said that a few months, maybe a year.
keyoshi
+28|6429
A couple days...I heard. This week.

Damn EA. I had 3000+ points this weekend. Hell. Thanks AGAIN EA. Your...great......

NOT!
Moggle
+4|6589|I'm not sure
My guess is that they (EA) are about to release a new game, and this 'server error' is their way of getting people to move on, after all, bf2 earns them no money.  But then, I've always been on the cynical and paranoid side.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6740|Michigan
new game: crysis
arhopkins3
+5|6242|United Kingdom

Moggle wrote:

after all, bf2 earns them no money.
EA earn lots of money by renting ranked servers out to people. Having the "stats" feature in the game has proved a money earner for them. They are obviously just having issues right now which is unacceptable if they continue for much longer.
McCullough
+7|6848
I'm only 1400 points away from my next rank and the L96 unlock. /cry

Ah well a couple of days break from BF2 could be nice.....i guess ^^
aLeX
.?
+160|6340|:D

It's times like this I really dispise EA.. no wait that's most of the time. Maybe they are just seeing how much sh*t we can actually take so in future they can make more uncompleted games with practically no community support in the knowledge people will still buy them. I'm also about 300 points away from a promotion.

Meh, screw 'em. I'm going to play on teh 360 (Non EA Games)
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

l-aLeX-l wrote:

It's times like this I really dispise EA.. no wait that's most of the time. Maybe they are just seeing how much sh*t we can actually take so in future they can make more uncompleted games with practically no community support in the knowledge people will still buy them. I'm also about 300 points away from a promotion.

That's the sad part. We act all indignant about EA and how they're the devil and eat babies and rape small animals, but the next day they release a new title and people will lap it up like dogs lap up their own vomit.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6245|Uk

Hurricane wrote:

l-aLeX-l wrote:

That's the sad part. We act all indignant about EA and how they're the devil and eat babies and rape small animals, but the next day they release a new title and people will lap it up like dogs lap up their own vomit.
this is because games like BF2 are fucking awesome, which is why i continue to play it throughout this stats fuck up session that EA are having. who cares if you miss out on stats for a week, youve got a hundred others to make it up
Danorge
+7|6167|Denmark // 69! Az
EA need to wake up. the pepole EA have @ support centers really do not grasp what the game means to us.
Today i called EA customer support @ Denmark.
The girl Mai-britt.[Ironi on!] w00t a sweety[Ironi off!] se told me that all you other gamers have the same problem "WOW" i do not notice... Doh!
The she began a story about how she could't know about how to fix this issue... issue?!?! Woman!!! problem BIG problem.
I mentioned the wasted playtime, no Ribbons, Badgets or Unlocks. Mai-britt's great and really usefull answer: well now it's not my fault the "thing" dont work anymore. well she was telling the truth noot her fault.
I asked for some explanation from EA to us Players & the Proclan running Ranked servers.
Mai-britt toled me to call back. She could not answer me. WTF!?!?
O'so glad i dont have Ranked server running.

i'm sitting here with a feeling of "i'm getting ripped"... i dont get what i'm paying for.
I waited to buy the game with only 1 reason!
The game would work properly & they would have it running 24/7 without any downtime(12-24 hours accepted). But this 5 days without anything. i miss 2 Ribbons 1 Veteran award  x gold , x silver ,x bronze.

EA get in the battle, wake up smell the Napalm. WE Need our Stats. N00blocks and so on...

Missing In Action 

EA's BF2 support crew.
EA customer support
EA's need to live up to the brand motto Challenge everything <-- maybe EA should make another motto. challege customer patience

Final word.
Great EA gives us a MAP paid buy intel(fine with me more maps) but screws up the stats in the same week...
hmm maybe n00blocks is an internal EA joke?.....
EA laugh all the way to the bank these days... well it's hard to give up, but no C&C3 , other games in the future from the company know'n for half done products...

Danorge over & out.
Corpy
+0|6430|Hoorn, Netherlands
Well on the official EA forum this is what a moderator had to say about it:

2. Stats take longer to update over the weekend. If you are playing in a ranked server over the weekend, it is possible that it will take a few days for your stats (and/or rank) to update. The simple explanation for this is that a ton of people play on the weekends... A lot more than on a week day. The servers can simply become overloaded, and it takes them a while to get through the process of updating everyone's stats and rank. So if you are playing on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, please do not be alarmed if your stats do not show up right away. It can take as long as a couple of days (usually not that long, but it's possible) for your stats to be updated. Please be patient during this process, and your stats will eventually update.

I hope this has been helpful for many of you. Thank you for y our patience, as I know having to wait for your stats to update can be frustrating. But I assure you, you won't lose those points, badges, ribbons, medals, awards, and rank that you've worked hard on all weekend. They will eventually update.

So he can "assure" your points etc are not lost, but then again, he is a guy from EA, and I just have a hard time believing those guys when that start "assuring" things.

Oh and Hurricane, nobody said EA can't MAKE games, they simply can't SUPPORT them.( Prime example being the Command & Conquer Generals series...)
KAMPER_Major
+0|6167
I have been "blessed" with the same problem. I finally got the "word" from EA. They are referring to this problem as an "outage". They said the problem would be fixed as soon as possible. I find the whole thing irritating. I don't think I will be holding my breath until the problem is fixed because in my opinion, I think it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Last edited by KAMPER_Major (2007-06-19 08:08:07)

Drexel
+43|6486|Philadelphia
I think it's funny how everyone became amazing only when the servers don't record them...

Oh wait what am I saying!  I played 70 hours last night and got 3 expert badges, and 27,000 points!  I'M SO FREAKING ANGRY!!!!  /sarcasm

***Edit***

Just finished reading the last posts, and all I have to say is.... sad.

You guys act like it's your job to play BF2 and that the points are your commission.  Give it a break.  Just because the points don't count now doesn't mean the game is any different.  I like not having all these stats running, because it keeps all the whores out of the servers and leaves only the decent teamwork loving players who actually play for a win instead of points.  Last night, 64 Oman.  ABSOLUTELY NO JETS!!! I've died and gone to heaven.

I for one am kinda happy the rank system is down, and hope that they never get it fixed.  (And yes... I've been 668 points to my shiny Lieutenant since the 6th of June, 13 days.)

Last edited by Drexel (2007-06-19 08:24:37)

tharealdan
+1|6400

Corpy wrote:

2. Stats take longer to update over the weekend. If you are playing in a ranked server over the weekend, it is possible that it will take a few days for your stats (and/or rank) to update. The simple explanation for this is that a ton of people play on the weekends... A lot more than on a week day. The servers can simply become overloaded, and it takes them a while to get through the process of updating everyone's stats and rank. So if you are playing on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, please do not be alarmed if your stats do not show up right away. It can take as long as a couple of days (usually not that long, but it's possible) for your stats to be updated. Please be patient during this process, and your stats will eventually update.

I hope this has been helpful for many of you. Thank you for y our patience, as I know having to wait for your stats to update can be frustrating. But I assure you, you won't lose those points, badges, ribbons, medals, awards, and rank that you've worked hard on all weekend. They will eventually update.

So he can "assure" your points etc are not lost, but then again, he is a guy from EA, and I just have a hard time believing those guys when that start "assuring" things.

Oh and Hurricane, nobody said EA can't MAKE games, they simply can't SUPPORT them.( Prime example being the Command & Conquer Generals series...)
my last recorded battle was on monday the 11th...and i played almost every day since and still did not get any stats upgrade...so they cant come and tell me it's a weekend fk up!!   screw them!!!!!!

Last edited by tharealdan (2007-06-19 08:15:42)

KAMPER_Major
+0|6167
Pleae read my post two above.
Corpy
+0|6430|Hoorn, Netherlands
I personnaly don't think this guy understands the scale of the problem either. This issue isn't about 'delayed' updates, it's about MISSING updates.
He first started pointing out you have to be sure to play on a ranked server. (Hello, good morning we are not as stupid as we look like, even though we keep buying your poorly support crap) Well let's just hope they find their problem, and then know how to fix it.  Coming to think about it, that might be an EA's first, fixing something...

For now there isn't much else you can do then be "angry"'  about it, go play for fun, use an M16 etc for a change and don't nadespam your way to the flag, now THAT would be nice for a change.

Last edited by Corpy (2007-06-19 08:22:20)

TheGiantSE
+14|6480|Sweden

Corpy wrote:

I have never had problems with stats updating during 1½ year of playing... so why would it now when probably less players are playing bf2 than a year ago...

Not loosing points, badges, ribbons.... I think it's lost if it's not there. They can loose points and badges when the update is working and now we should belive they keep track of 5 days playing, all players world wide...

Well what ever.... play for fun not for stats...

Would be nice to hear what DICE have to say...they made the game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard