elite3444
The other kid
+24|6645|USA
i just got the game yesterday and im wondering what i should do with unlocks...so far ive unlocked the rifle shotgun under assault and thats it..should i keep goin up till i get the Baur H-AR or go to soemthin else
AudioAtomica
+53|6258

elite3444 wrote:

i just got the game yesterday and im wondering what i should do with unlocks...so far ive unlocked the rifle shotgun under assault and thats it..should i keep goin up till i get the Baur H-AR or go to soemthin else
I've also just got this game recently, personally if I had to choose between the Baur and the Voss I'd go voss....which is what I did.
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6243|Bristol
Get All Of Support You Wont Regret It
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
Stick with the Krylov, its rigged

Okay get the defibrillator then go up the Baur tree.
jsnipy
+3,276|6531|...

I would unlock all of the core attributes before even caring about weapons.

beyond that ...

Sniper-UK-Ghost wrote:

imortal
+240|6673|Austin, TX
Unlock the Engineer trees.  Some of the items are pretty lame, but the weapons rock.  Pilum kicks tank butt.
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6243|Bristol
i went up assualt first, and my first regret, then i went up recon, second regret, then i went support, dont regret, now im going up engi, wont regret, of coz GET THE SQUAD BEACON, thats a must have, and the nades of course then

jsnipy wrote:

I would unlock all of the core attributes before even caring about weapons.

beyond that ...

Sniper-UK-Ghost wrote:

loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6543|Valhalla
imo the only good thing about Support is the Clark shotgun...
If your going for Assaut first go for the PR rockets and defib(I was never a big fan on the Baur) and try and stick with the Krylov.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6719|Sweden
Sprint upgrades first they are as said many times before crucial.

Then i would personally go with Defib - Advanced Med Hub then change tree and go for the rockets. ( Try the Voss and Baur out before you unlock them they are not necessary )

Beside the Assault tree imo the engineer one has the most important upgrades lollermines the upgraded repair tool Pilum to name some of them.

It simply depends what class your into sniping without zoom is wortless for an example etc.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6664|UK
SQB, really helps if your a squad leader, then assault for the rockets and voss, i play most with engi, pilum, mines, and dee-mines
Buzerk1
+44|6845
Sprint and Nades should be your firts unlock (yeah I know, hard to resist going for the shiny new guns).

But the reality is these two unlock will help get more points faster, hence more unlock faster.

As for the other unlocks, depends... do you play Conquest or Titan mod?

If you play Titan, I strongly suggest you go for the Engi three and get the motion mines and the pilum.

If not, the support three or the assault are "sure" unlocks.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6664|UK

Buzerk1 wrote:

Sprint and Nades should be your firts unlock (yeah I know, hard to resist going for the shiny new guns).

But the reality is these two unlock will help get more points faster, hence more unlock faster.

As for the other unlocks, depends... do you play Conquest or Titan mod?

If you play Titan, I strongly suggest you go for the Engi three and get the motion mines and the pilum.

If not, the support three or the assault are "sure" unlocks.
LOL thats kinda what i was trying to say
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6740|Germany, near Koblenz
First of all don't think and plan to much, just play the game. At the beginning you'll rank up so fast that all the "must have" unlocks are very easy to get.

Next is that all the stock weapons are absolutely fine. Unless you prefer a special play style (for example Spec Ops (Recon) in close combat) there is no need to hurry up with the guns.

So first concentrate on the stuff you really miss (normal grenades, defib, SL beacon) and the major improvements (repair, heal, ammo, sprint) which will help you to get more global and career points faster.

And if you really like to fasten up things then install the booster pack Northern Strike which will allow some quite easy extra unlocks (they are not restricted to the NS gimmicks!) parallel to those you get for ranking up.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6511|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

elite3444 wrote:

... so far ive unlocked the rifle shotgun under assault and thats it ...
Unlock the Clark 15B SG. God damn it, it's the most powerful weapon in the Battlefield 2142 arsenal.
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6645|USA
now im close to Lance Corporal Silver and i have...nade..defib...and up to baur...should i take engineer or support stuff next
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476

elite3444 wrote:

now im close to Lance Corporal Silver and i have...nade..defib...and up to baur...should i take engineer or support stuff next
Get the extra sprint thing, it really is the best unlock.

PS what is your BF2142 nickname?
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6645|USA
<<<<<<<<<<<

EDIT: oh and i just ranked to LCS and i got EMP nade in support

Last edited by elite3444 (2007-06-19 17:54:06)

Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6308

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

elite3444 wrote:

Unlock the Clark 15B SG. God damn it, it's the most powerful weapon in the Battlefield 2142 arsenal.
NO.  Enough with the clark already.  Sprint grenades then stuff like ammo and medic hub r best at start
Longbow
+163|6655|Odessa, Ukraine

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

elite3444 wrote:

And what will you do at ranges more then 20m ? Clark is CQB weapon , AR's are universal .
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6511|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

Longbow wrote:

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

elite3444 wrote:

And what will you do at ranges more then 20m ? Clark is CQB weapon , AR's are universal .
Well I can hit the target at 20 m. Check out my video. The part with the slow motion. You will see, maybe you just ain't good with that gun ... maybe... maybe not...
Longbow
+163|6655|Odessa, Ukraine

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Well I can hit the target at 20 m. Check out my video. The part with the slow motion. You will see, maybe you just ain't good with that gun ... maybe... maybe not...
Key word is more . Yes , you may hit them , but how much damage will they recieve ?

p/s I watched both your vids . Please find more skillfull targets next time ...
Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6243|Bristol
lol noobs. unlock the support, then you got long and short range... well and middle range also

Last edited by Sniper-UK-Ghost (2007-06-20 12:18:24)

thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6323

elite3444 wrote:

well my friend, since i am in  a good mood, ill help you a bit.

if you like assault, get the Baur HAR , problem with that weapon, all that stopping power with too much recoil, and yes the recoil is a bit on the steep learning curve. or even better the VOss LAR. if i had $100 for everytime i see some ninny with a voss, Donald Trump would have filed for bankruptcy. Baur is good choice, Voss even better . damn thing is accurate as hell.

i rather get the rocket launchers for the assault kit first than the shotgun attachment. trust me, those rockets are among the most deadliest weapons . snipers hate rockets, if you know how to use it.

Engineer:  get the Pilum, i seen that weapon tear through vehicles like swiss cheese.

Support, all the unlocks are nice. Love the GANZ minus the damn thing overheats too much. get the machine gun turrets and emp grenades.. And yes i have the clark 15B shotgun, instant kill at close range. since the HR in BF2142 is bad you might need to shoot at a target twice to take em out.

the recon kit: this is my specialty: get the damn lambert carbine and the C7 RDX demopack, you wont regret it.  if dont like nothing else in the recon kit, spent those unlock credits on the lambert, C7 rdx, and active cameoflague.  lambert has the firing rate of a gatling chain gun, but i wish it had more stopping power.

the zeller H- Advanced sniper rifle, many people frown about this weapon because the scope sucks and the viewing range is a bit smaller than a stock rifle and of course its only 3 rounds per clip compaired to a 8 round per clip in a stock rifle , if i remember correctly.  i can understand people fustration , but no one who  plays 2142 cant deny its stopping power.. really nasty weapon in the hands of a master. problem is its very loud.
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6645|USA
I WILL NOT!!! I REPEAT WILL NOT!!! GET THE CLARK!!!! I DO NOT LIKE SHOTGUNS.....

after yelling what i have is//// Grenade (dont really need sprint how i play) up to Baur, shock paddle, and EMP grenade in support...my plan is to go for the Ganz HMG

how good is recon?? in BF2 i was awesome at sniping but i dont really like it in 2142...should i get Lambert?
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6543|Valhalla

elite3444 wrote:

I WILL NOT!!! I REPEAT WILL NOT!!! GET THE CLARK!!!! I DO NOT LIKE SHOTGUNS.....

after yelling what i have is//// Grenade (dont really need sprint how i play) up to Baur, shock paddle, and EMP grenade in support...my plan is to go for the Ganz HMG

how good is recon?? in BF2 i was awesome at sniping but i dont really like it in 2142...should i get Lambert?
Lambert is good for close range combat eg. Attacking/Defending the Titan. Also Sniping in 2142 is easier than BF2 (well for me anyway)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard