phil-12-12
Banned
+21|6189|c-c-c-Canada
go for 24/7 dalian plant, there isnt alot of those, i think you can make alot of cats play that server.
iPwnerrrr
Lets go tazy crazy!
+19|6269
Make it 24/7 <insert rare map like Zatar/Songhua here>

Edit:Wheres the server ran out of?

Last edited by iPwnerrrr (2007-06-17 18:24:38)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6467|UK
Well admined with vehicles, I guess just kick the asshats and ask people what map they would like next.
RD_The_Dog
+87|6543

David.Podedworny wrote:

Any map that is popular IO will be more popular with vehicles.
I disagree.  Shonghua with vehicles i find terrible, but on IO, it's fucking magic.  Jungle Warfare.......the moisture....
Computer_Guy
+54|6703
What keeps a server going is if you start it everyday and get regulars on it. Then it will stay up. Now that could take a month, but it will keep the server going.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6351|New York
A full rotation of all maps and a dedicated admin. staff.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6656
32 player 24/7 oman

i would join any day.
aZWARt325
Banned
+7|6166|Long Beach, California USA

3lmo wrote:

So, I'm not talking about another Karkand server. I want something special, something that attracts real players. Ofcourse issues like the server ping and the admins are not included in this question.

I'm thinking about Songhua or Fusshe. Everybody is always saying 'oh that map is soo 1337!111einz!' but when there is a server with it, I doubt or it will be filled by random players.

So, what map should be set up to keep a server populated?
Tell me what you want, I might set up some of the ideas.

Cheers,
3lmo

Oh by the way, it's this server: (i3d)
http://www.game-monitor.com/server-stat … :16567.png
Lol @ the name I suggest making it 24/7 Infantry Only Sharqi. Yes I know theres alot of infantry servers but few Sharqi its a great, fun, and balanced map for infantry. I can idle it if you want if it doesnt kick for a certain ping or time limit (I live in the US)
pj666
+16|6372|Sydney, Australia
Balanced teams keeps people playing. I'll perserve for a couple of games, but if the rest of the team is useless and won't use team work and the other sides keeps owning us because of that, I'll change servers.

IO Sharqi rocks.

32 on 64 IO Sharqi/Mashtuur/Karkand I usually jump on, as Internode has one set up.

Standard Jalabad/Mashtuur/Sharqi would get me.

But the good big maps like Songhua, etc usually have trouble keeping full regular. The points whorz jump ship because it's harder to clay/grenade/etc it up.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6398|Southern California
The only thing you really need to keep a server full is a full server.
The more a server is populated the more attractive it will be. Its really kinda the bitch of it, because its so hard to get 8 players to sit around in a server...and no one but padders whats to play with only 9 people on a server.

phil-12-12 wrote:

go for 24/7 dalian plant, there isnt alot of those, i think you can make alot of cats play that server.
Dalian is sexy, if you did this I would be there once I get a gaming computer again(few days).

However it seems to suck for getting servers started, I dunno why.

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2007-06-17 21:07:13)

Computer_Guy
+54|6703

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

32 player 24/7 oman

i would join any day.
Oman sucks
Viro
+3|6527|The Hague
We mostly play Wake, Dalian, Sharqi, Karkand (with vehicle's), Warlord (IO) , Ghost Town (IO) on the server.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6398|fåking denmark
IO Dalian, or another map then that ..
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6309|The | Netherlands
Come on, be serious, nobody wants to play IO Dalian, maybe for 1 time but not 24/7...
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6398|fåking denmark
Just make it a 16 player map ..
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6669|Groningen, The Netherlands
Someone should try songhua infantry
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6398|fåking denmark

Gamematt wrote:

Someone should try songhua infantry
Lol have tried it, very funny tbh ..
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6182|sverige
our IO server is always full 32/32 all the time, but then we are running karkand/mashtuur.
_1_MAN-ARMY.17
+27|6227|Turkey
Dalian/Karkand/Dragon/Jala

Dalian takes ppl in and than karkand brings a lot of ppl in and in dragon it makes it full jala is for fun u can change that

i use this rotation to keep the server full
Viro
+3|6527|The Hague

DewilBurak wrote:

Dalian/Karkand/Dragon/Jala

Dalian takes ppl in and than karkand brings a lot of ppl in and in dragon it makes it full jala is for fun u can change that

i use this rotation to keep the server full
I had a rotation with : Karkand, Dalian, Sharqi, Dragon Valley, Jalal & Wake.
Server was 24/7 full but the admins had no rest so we switched to 24/7 "map" so we had rest in the evening.

But school is almost over so i think im going to put back the rotation.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6460|USA
64 slots, 16 player maps. Do something NO ONE else has done, and I'll be there a whole lot. Leave vehicles on.
adv3rsary
+28|6722
- well through my own failures and successes id say:
24/7 servers work best (pick 1 map and run it all the time.. i know it takes some of the fun out of it, but the server will stay full and those are the 1s that attract good players... make sure it's a map people actually like)
- regulars are very important... make friends with people that come into your server, they are more likely to come back
- enforce your rules.. always.. not selectively
- obey your own rules... always... not selectively
- ask friends to help you keep the server full even if it means just idling there while it's empty
- never ever have a server that switches maps from different mods (like a bf2 map, then a SF map... your server will empty fast like you wouldn't believe)
- have lots of admins, specially at first.. one they ll be on the server more often keepin it full, two they can enforce the rules better
- make sure these admins arent a bunch of 13 year old punks

best of luck

Last edited by adv3rsary (2007-06-18 19:39:30)

Drax
Paddles/Plane Whore
+28|6567|Australia, NSW
normally i say that shonghou is a crappy map because i hate tank/apc chains- whoever has the most wins...

what we need is a 16 size infy only shonghou with 64/48 players..... in that dense forest around that middle base thatd be actually worth playing

on my clans server we had all maps rotating and people would quit out on the boring maps like shonghou, however we quite often got a 32 round of zatar or operation clean sweep going
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6659|pimelteror.de

adv3rsary wrote:

- regulars are very important... make friends with people that come into your server, they are more likely to come back
- enforce your rules.. always.. not selectively
- obey your own rules... always... not selectively
- ask friends to help you keep the server full even if it means just idling there while it's empty
- never ever have a server that switches maps from different mods (like a bf2 map, then a SF map... your server will empty fast like you wouldn't believe)
- have lots of admins, specially at first.. one they ll be on the server more often keepin it full, two they can enforce the rules better
- make sure these admins arent a bunch of 13 year old punks
+

- leave autobalance on
- random switch of players after every round
- kick winning team joiner
- if you are a clan, do not always play on one side. i leave servers, when it is the whole clan vs. random noob party + me

this should keep the balance in teams, so no side gets too dominating.

- please don´t start a 24/7 server. it might be good for lamers, who want to whore just a single map, but it won´t get you the
base of regulars, you might want. it is fun, if you search for a map, but it must be boring as hell to be admin on a server like this...
or do you play just one map 24/7 yourselves?

how about a full special forces rotation on inf only?
Longbow
+163|6653|Odessa, Ukraine
What about ... chinese maps only , 24/7 ? Mix of 32x maps with vehicles and 16x IO ( if possible )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard