LT.Victim
+1,175|6562|British Columbia, Canada
It seems where ever I go, people just roll right threw stop signs.

I mean, I was watching a 3 way stop after school and out of about 20 cars, none of them came to a complete stop, or if they did stop, they were already in the middle of the intersection.

I mean, they mine as well just replace all the stop signs with Yield signs, because that's what people are doing anyways.
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6527|So Cal

LT.Victim wrote:

people just roll right threw stop signs.
patented 'California Stop'

I think they're necessary.  Too many shitty drivers on the road as it is.  Anything to help them slow down and stop and be aware of cross traffic, should help a bit.
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6336
most stop signs are there for a reason and people idiots need to stop.

how ever there are stop signs on my street (every 5 feet for some reason) that are useless and just waste time.

do i stop at them 99% of the time

but i stop at all other ones. i dont want a ticket for that.

edit: i dont know about where you guys live but here in texas "yield signs"  mean floor it and get in front of the traffic or merge and stop signs mean yield dont fully stop.

its rather annoying.

Last edited by ChevyLee86 (2007-06-18 16:41:42)

A12345
+77|6469

Tripp wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

I think they're necessary.  Too many shitty drivers on the road as it is.  Anything to help them slow down and stop and be aware of cross traffic, should help a bit.
i heard it was the "california roll", either way just try to find someone who stops a full two seconds.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6678|In You Endo- Stoke
It happens in other countries too.If you don't fully stop (at a stop sign) then you fail your test.
But once passed everyone rolls to it and if nothing is coming then your off again.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6290|Washington St.

Tripp wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

I heard "rolling stop" but whatev, same thing
NiMhurchu
Suicide Operations
+13|6847|Germany
You get tickets for not stopping at a stop sign?
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6527|So Cal
I've heard it called the 'california roll' too...

something about the 'california stop' that makes me laugh though.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6594|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

NiMhurchu wrote:

You get tickets for not stopping at a stop sign?
yea, you can.

i stop fully, especially if there is a schmuck behind me, really pisses 'em off. had one guy start honking his horn and yelling at me to move.

Last edited by seymorebutts443 (2007-06-18 16:52:30)

RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6479|Somewhere else

Little piece of advice. In the U.S. if there is a white border around the edge of the actual sign itself, its not a mandatory stop.  It's only mandatory if there is no white border on the sign.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6344|Twyford, UK
I cycle; I tread red lights as a recommendation. Stop signs don't even get my attention.
Unless I feel like scrawling something on them, such as 'hammertime', 'reading graffiti', or something equally witty.

And even if I HAVE to stop, I try not to stop totally. There is a great saving of effort and wear on the drivetrain on accelerating from just above stalling instead of having stopped.
SgtHeihn
Should have ducked
+394|6486|Ham Lake, MN (Fucking Cold)

pirana6 wrote:

Tripp wrote:

LT.Victim wrote:

I heard "rolling stop" but whatev, same thing
When I was back in Minnesota, I heard everyone call it the California Roll. I live in California now lol.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard