Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore
Ok first day of driving, so i was learning how to reverse into a parking lot. It was considered simple as i was parallel to the other lots and all i had to do was to move front and back. When moving back, i mounted the kerb, maybe i stepped on the gas too hard or something. So i went to the parking lot in the front, but was like 2-3m away from the kerb, which is still bad. Furthermore i was driving this https://www.4x4styling.com/Bilder/Car_Bild/Toyota_Bild/Hilux06/hilux_komplett_styling.jpg

Last edited by Ayumiz (2007-06-15 11:26:23)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York
You'll get better as you get experience. That's all you can do.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore
Cant blame me right? A turbo car on a first day.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Wow, a topic that hasn't been bumped. I mean, a real new topic!

P.S: Learn to drive

(I couldn't understand your post, so i'm just assuming you jack knifed your semi-trailer or something)
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore
I was using the half clutch technique to move the car slowly back but apparently i think i was too fast=(
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6412|Stealth City, UK

Ayumiz wrote:

A turbo isn't going to do anything at low speeds anyway!

You'll get better, you've never done it before so you're bound to be a bit rubbish!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
haha lmao, i just re-read it. You ended up parking 2-3m from the curb? That's hilarious. Especially in that huge monstrosity. +1
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore

Mekstizzle wrote:

haha lmao, i just re-read it. You ended up parking 2-3m from the curb? That's hilarious. Especially in that huge monstrosity. +1
The hood was uhh too big and was having a little cramp in my leg so if i shift the seat forward, it'll only make it worse=(. Fortunately, there wasnt any car behind or something:p
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6745
Practice makes perfect!
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6493|Little blue planet, milky way
I guess you mean you were performing a paralel parking ?

Yeah, you just need practice, the really bad thing is that everytime you try this with a new car, you almost have to start over again, because each car has it's own unique size, distance from tires to rear and front etc. etc. Give it an hour once or twice a week for a month or two, and you'll have it down like a headshot with an M24 on a prone target in BF2 !

But if it's any consolation, then getting out of a paralel park is very handy, because you have almost 100% view in the mirrors etc, so noone will be slamming into you while you're exiting your parking space, if you look first. So IMO, it's worth the hassle learning it. Fewer dents, fewer idiots who slam into you and fewer problems finding a good parking spot, because half the drivers I know wont even ATTEMPT a paralel park in a crowded place. And if you live a place with lots of bicycles... you'll be VERY happy knowing that you can actually see those monsters who run the red lights, drive the wrong way down a oneway street, cross the street whenever they feel like it, turn without signaling or talk on the cell while putting on makeup (yes mad women even do this on a BIKE !) etc. etc.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore
Hmm not yet a parallel parking, just a vertical parking.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6540|USA

Ayumiz wrote:

I was using the half clutch technique to move the car slowly back but apparently i think i was too fast=(
you're learning how to drive on a stick shift truck your first day? thats nuts. one of your parents has to own something smaller. i started on a buick rendezvous and even that was a bit big. i drove my dad's truck for a few weeks and could barely park into a normal stall AFTER i got my license.

but, as others have said, just keep practicing. perhaps learn to drive stick well first, and then try parking it. its a lot harder than parking a slushie.
i've just started driving stick too, and you'll be surprised how quickly you'd learn. eventually you'll just know what to do and when to do it.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6669|NCFSU2
Kerb?
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore
Moving off is pretty fine for me, just half an hours lecture and i am done. But ugh, seriously parking really erks me:p

Last edited by Ayumiz (2007-06-15 11:46:09)

Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

Kerb?
https://www.pavingexpert.com/images/manufacture/shot_kerb.jpg
LtMarcus
+10|6557|Meise, Belgium
driving a car instead of that tank might do the trick
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore

LtMarcus wrote:

driving a car instead of that tank might do the trick
Hmm lol. That car belongs to my friend and he gives me some 'private' lessons in there. One thing i gotta take note is when i come to a stop, i gotta shift the gear lever back to neutral then release the clutch pedal. Most of the time, i always forgot to shift the stick back and stall the car when releasing the clutch.
golgoj4
+51|6744|North Hollywood
heres my math. No matter what your driving...

to parallel park, pull parallel to the car right in front of the spot you want. Begin revers, initiating a hard turn into the spot when your 1/2 part the car u pulled parallel with.  Start with the wheel fully turned and let it correct it self, i.e let it come back to center normal. By then you should be in the spot.  Assuming it was big enough to begin with.

How you got 2-3 m away from the curb befuddles me. Considered public transportation?
golgoj4
+51|6744|North Hollywood

Ender2309 wrote:

Ayumiz wrote:

you're learning how to drive on a stick shift truck your first day? thats nuts. one of your parents has to own something smaller. i started on a buick rendezvous and even that was a bit big. i drove my dad's truck for a few weeks and could barely park into a normal stall AFTER i got my license.

but, as others have said, just keep practicing. perhaps learn to drive stick well first, and then try parking it. its a lot harder than parking a slushie.
i've just started driving stick too, and you'll be surprised how quickly you'd learn. eventually you'll just know what to do and when to do it.
I learned how to drive stick on a ford explorer in about a day. It was pretty easy, i gotta say. But i think it helps if you understand what your trying to do.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore

golgoj4 wrote:

heres my math. No matter what your driving...

to parallel park, pull parallel to the car right in front of the spot you want. Begin revers, initiating a hard turn into the spot when your 1/2 part the car u pulled parallel with.  Start with the wheel fully turned and let it correct it self, i.e let it come back to center normal. By then you should be in the spot.  Assuming it was big enough to begin with.

How you got 2-3 m away from the curb befuddles me. Considered public transportation?
uhh read a little above, it wasnt a parallel park. Just vertical parking, with the hood in.

Edit: This is how a parking lot in my country looks like

https://www.stomp.com.sg/ss/070611_ss_bigcar.jpg

You guys should see this pictures. Inconsiderate drivers.
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/Gallery.aspx?cid=14

Last edited by Ayumiz (2007-06-15 12:06:47)

13rin
+977|6449

Ayumiz wrote:

Ok first day of driving, so i was learning how to reverse into a parking lot. It was considered simple as i was parallel to the other lots and all i had to do was to move front and back. When moving back, i mounted the kerb, maybe i stepped on the gas too hard or something. So i went to the parking lot in the front, but was like 2-3m away from the kerb, which is still bad. Furthermore i was driving this http://www.4x4styling.com/Bilder/Car_Bi … tyling.jpg
Just give up.. Walk/Ride bus.;
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6439

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Ayumiz wrote:

A turbo isn't going to do anything at low speeds anyway!

You'll get better, you've never done it before so you're bound to be a bit rubbish!
is it a stick?  If so, i still have never driven one.  I think i could, if i tried, just havent had the opportunity yet.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Ayumiz wrote:

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

Kerb?
http://www.pavingexpert.com/images/manu … t_kerb.jpg
Oh..Curb!...Kerb still sound way funnier tho!
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6306
eww toyota who cares with that piece of junk, just ram it into a wall

https://www.safercar.gov/graphics/2004/tacoma_f.jpg

perfect!!!
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6648|In You Endo- Stoke
Stick shift FTW none of this stop and go crap.

Effectivly you are doing a three point turn with out the turning back out.Its just practice you will get it soon enough.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard