arhopkins3
+5|6243|United Kingdom
Hi guys...

My monitors native resolution is 1440x900. When I found out you could use the -szx and -szy command line parameters to force BF2 into loading in that resolution, I've found the interface is MUCH crisper.... but I have an issue...

When I tell BF2 to join a server, it crashes to desktop and then reloads automatically... that in itself is not a problem because when it restarts, it jumps to the loading screen and loads into the server I picked...

The problem is that when it restarts, it defaults back to another resolution and the game doesnt look QUITE right. I have tried changing the resolution in video.con but that doesnt keep it at the right resolution.

If I could solve the CTD problem I would be okay, but even if I could just get BF2 to restart with the right resolution I'd be happy. Does anybody else have this same CTD problem? Its not random, its not intermittent... its every time I tell BF2 to join a server.

Any help, advice or flaming is appreciated

EDIT: Spelling.

Last edited by arhopkins3 (2007-06-18 10:43:54)

arhopkins3
+5|6243|United Kingdom
Wow nobody has experienced this at all?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

Try clearing your optimization cache

My documents\battlefield 2\mods\cache

Delete all the folders in cache, but not the cache folder itself.
arhopkins3
+5|6243|United Kingdom
Thanks for the advice, but all that does is make the shader run through their optimization routine again.

BF2 restarts after the crash and loads up with default resolution and MUSIC playing .... so its getting those settings from a file somewhere? or its just doing whats hard-coded as default?
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6362|uk

arhopkins3 wrote:

Thanks for the advice, but all that does is make the shader run through their optimization routine again.

BF2 restarts after the crash and loads up with default resolution and MUSIC playing .... so its getting those settings from a file somewhere? or its just doing whats hard-coded as default?
Try renaming the Battlefield 2 Folder in "My Documents" to Battlefield 2 Old (or whatever....)

This will make the game redect all hardware settings on your computer the next time it loads up.
aujt74
+11|6705|Scotland!
The restarting problem sounds like the behaviour the game has when you start BF2 vanilla and then try and join a Special Forces server - you click join, it closes vanilla BF2, opens SF and SF uses the game options for resolution, instead of the ones you passed as command line parameters initially.

How about making sure in the server browser you have "Same Mod" ticked in the filters and trying again?
']['error
Banned
+630|6654|The Netherlands
delete the bf2 folder in "My documents" fixed my CTD problems.

ps: save your screenshots folder before deleting!
arhopkins3
+5|6243|United Kingdom

aujt74 wrote:

The restarting problem sounds like the behaviour the game has when you start BF2 vanilla and then try and join a Special Forces server - you click join, it closes vanilla BF2, opens SF and SF uses the game options for resolution, instead of the ones you passed as command line parameters initially.

How about making sure in the server browser you have "Same Mod" ticked in the filters and trying again?
Thanks to all posters for their efforts in helping.

aujt74 - this is quite possible. I do load via a shortcut to vBF2 and then join SF servers (almost exclusively) so that could be it. I will test this out in a bit to see if it works, thankyou

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard