NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6438

Z-trooper wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

For me it's #383838 at least...

BTW you should do the intermediate one.
thanks.. I might do that, but it'll be a while, because of my exams and the summer comming up. It takes a lot of time doing it.. but for intermediate/advanced some of the pr0's here have begun posting videos of themselves making sigs.. and like Ryan said, he might do a guide so I'm kind of thinking "why bother?"
Meh... Ryan fails.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6408|somewhere other then here
https://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w206/voodoosniper7/mrtpittydafool-1.png
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark
nizzle I laughed <3 Mr.T

you are a fast learner good job
Roughshod
I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?
+24|6240|Germany, NRW
oh my god this is a really good guide! in the past i tried several times to do anything with photoshop but i always failed so i guess in the next 24 hours i will have a new sig
big thx and as Jester already said:

Jestar12345 wrote:

+1 Karma, +1 Respect.
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet

Z-trooper wrote:

nizzle I laughed <3 Mr.T

you are a fast learner good job
thank you
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6535|England

Fantastic guide. Thats pretty much everything I know about PS that I've learnt through experience (I can sort of use the Lasso to cut up stuff now), so Ill be waiting on the advanced guide

Few thoughts:
- Why nothing on the Magic/Background Eraser tools though? I would have thought that the F/A-18 with that tool would have knocked all that sky off in 1 hit?
- Might be worth adding in a bit about getting fancy fonts? (times new roman sucks). I used to have a site I always got them from but no longer have the link.

Defo +1
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark

Snake wrote:

Fantastic guide. Thats pretty much everything I know about PS that I've learnt through experience (I can sort of use the Lasso to cut up stuff now), so Ill be waiting on the advanced guide

Few thoughts:
- Why nothing on the Magic/Background Eraser tools though? I would have thought that the F/A-18 with that tool would have knocked all that sky off in 1 hit?
- Might be worth adding in a bit about getting fancy fonts? (times new roman sucks). I used to have a site I always got them from but no longer have the link.

Defo +1
yeah. magic eraser can be used, and I have hinted to people with some experience that they can play around with it.. but good suggestion I'll add it later tonight.

fonts.. I'll get that in there too

Guide will be updated tonight with the following:

- How to use the Magic eraser
- How to find some cool fonts and install them..
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark
UPDATE:

due to the many requests from the masses, I WILL make a new guide on a bit higher level..

however, it will not be as massive as this one. The next guide will be about some tips and tricks I've learned along the way that can be useful for some of you guys.. MAYBE I will take you through the making of a sig, like this one, using some of the tips and such I will write about. but this depends on YOU, if you think its helpful that I make a step by step guide, tell me - and I'll make it so. but it will take considerable longer to make.

also please give some feedback on the level of dificulty you guys want..

- should each and every single step be explained - just like here
   - what about pictures? It takes a hell of a long time to load this page - is it worth it?

and last, but not least:

- Please give some input on what you want to learn from the next guide!!! different tecniques for cutting out your objects? OR should I rather focus on how to make cool effects? OR should I try to focus on how YOU can improve your skills and such.. to name a few..

Your time to speak up now!
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet

Z-trooper wrote:

UPDATE:

due to the many requests from the masses, I WILL make a new guide on a bit higher level..

however, it will not be as massive as this one. The next guide will be about some tips and tricks I've learned along the way that can be useful for some of you guys.. MAYBE I will take you through the making of a sig, like this one, using some of the tips and such I will write about. but this depends on YOU, if you think its helpful that I make a step by step guide, tell me - and I'll make it so. but it will take considerable longer to make.

- what about pictures? It takes a hell of a long time to load this page - is it worth it?

and last, but not least:

- Please give some input on what you want to learn from the next guide!!! different tecniques for cutting out your objects? OR should I rather focus on how to make cool effects? OR should I try to focus on how YOU can improve your skills and such.. to name a few..

yes plz make a new guide i must learn more!!!
i wanna learn how to make really busy backgrounds
(Its like school all over again )
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6295|England
Yeh make another one!!! I would like to learn how to improve my skills, and pictures would be gratefully welcomed, but if you think you can explain it crystal clear in just words then ya ya ya!
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6589|Mhz

Z-trooper wrote:

voodoosniper7 wrote:

i love this guide what do you think of this.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w206 … psig-2.png
its my first PS sig. i used to have paint.net its really junkie
looks good.. really good glad that my guide could help you

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Use the right shade of grey (#323232 for those who don't know), or make it transparent.
hmm dont know whats wrong with your screen but when I prt scr and sample the background color its #3838383 and his sig looks good to me, no visibles lines due to color difference here..

but please let me know if thats the case, it could be my comp thats having a problem - but I have tested it on all 3 of my comps, and no color difference.. all #383838
3000:1 contrast ratio = win, thats why it looks wrong, I just see more shades of grey then the average monitor.

and i got the color from print screen and checking the shade of grey in PS.
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6447| Texas

Z-trooper wrote:

UPDATE:

and last, but not least:

yeah a step by step one is much easier for us noobs to figure out

about putting pics, i dont think you need one for every single step, just the ones that seems more difficult to follow

and in the next guide, personally i'd like to see more about effects and i think people have been talking about brushes and things like that
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6632|under there hayousaidunderwear
Just made my sig with your guide.  PLEASE make another one!
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark

majorassult wrote:

uh! if the sig you have right now is the one you made using this guide, then its great! Imo that sig is way better than the one I used for an example.. it looks complete and clean.. good job!
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
If your going to make another guide tell me i must learn

Last edited by voodoosniper7 (2007-06-19 10:06:10)

majorassult
I <3 ak101

Z-trooper wrote:

majorassult wrote:

uh! if the sig you have right now is the one you made using this guide, then its great! Imo that sig is way better than the one I used for an example.. it looks complete and clean.. good job!
haha thanks.  I have had photoshop for awhile so I sorta know my way around but this guide really helped me!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6535|England

Z-trooper wrote:

For me personally, all but the last one about "how YOU can improve your skills and such"
majorassult
I <3 ak101
And I would like to learn more about brushes.  I think all the good photoshopers use them but I don't really know what they do..
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet

majorassult wrote:

And I would like to learn more about brushes.  I think all the good photoshopers use them but I don't really know what they do..
Yeah same here i downloaded a few brushes i don't know how to use them though...
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark

voodoosniper7 wrote:

majorassult wrote:

Yeah same here i downloaded a few brushes i don't know how to use them though...
well, alright thats noted.. I've never said that I'm the best at photoshop around here - and to be honest, I rarely use brushes when I'm messing about. So either I'll do some self studiying on that subject, or I'll have a kind photoshop pr0 help me on that subject..

anyways, its in the making, and it'll be a while before its done, so have patience

but please speak up so I can add/change stuff

and thanks for all the feedback I've gotten so far - its the feedback, comments and most of all YOUR sigs, that make it worth my time. Its nice to see a beginner learn to use some basics in photoshop from what I've made, especially since I'm danish and my teachings can help people from many contries

keep it up guys..
ScunnyUK
+1|6126
Hi,
   Thanx Z-Trooper, I ve been searching through hundreds of beginner guides this last week or so and this is the first Ive been able to understand!
       Great Job!!!
   Thanx Again  Gaz!
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark
hey fellas I've updated the thread so its more easy to follow, its more organized and such

also I'm working on the new guide, but again I've come to a point where that might not be nesserary. Because some new gfx "genius" has posted some of his guides in here on more advanced stuff that I'm working with, so feel free to use them, they are pretty good:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=77767
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=69063
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=77769
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=77770
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6728|Denmark
UPDATE!!!, again..

oh well, I'm making a guide non the less, but I think instead of teaching people about some advanced techniques (which many of the "pr0"s in here will bash me for not teaching correct in the first place..) I have decided to focus on:

- Animation for beginners!

and some small things I do know something about.. so the new guide will be like this one Beginners guide to making animated sigs using photoshop + some other random stuff you can improve your skills with

you might be asking yourself.. "hmm I've never seen a animated sig from this guy" - correct. I do know how to animate sigs, its just that I've never been that fond of the .gif format.. only 256 colors and some other poor properties..
sorry to dissapoint some beginners that were hoping to learn some "advanced" stuff, its just that:

• I'm not that good at PS as you might think, so I'll have a hard time explaining some of the stuff
  • There are some good guides and such out there from better PS users than me
  • I tried to do some of it, but by the looks of it, that guide would have been 3x this one and I just dont have the time for such work

The things I DO have, I'll include in either the new guide or this one.. probably this one since it fits this one best..
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6703|Singapore
How do u drag and drop images? I mean i wanna mount 2 images on each other.

Last edited by Ayumiz (2007-06-21 08:37:46)

Iminent
+0|6125

Z-trooper wrote:

UPDATE!!!, again..

oh well, I'm making a guide non the less, but I think instead of teaching people about some advanced techniques (which many of the "pr0"s in here will bash me for not teaching correct in the first place..) I have decided to focus on:

- Animation for beginners!

and some small things I do know something about.. so the new guide will be like this one Beginners guide to making animated sigs using photoshop + some other random stuff you can improve your skills with

you might be asking yourself.. "hmm I've never seen a animated sig from this guy" - correct. I do know how to animate sigs, its just that I've never been that fond of the .gif format.. only 256 colors and some other poor properties..
sorry to dissapoint some beginners that were hoping to learn some "advanced" stuff, its just that:

• I'm not that good at PS as you might think, so I'll have a hard time explaining some of the stuff
  • There are some good guides and such out there from better PS users than me
  • I tried to do some of it, but by the looks of it, that guide would have been 3x this one and I just dont have the time for such work

The things I DO have, I'll include in either the new guide or this one.. probably this one since it fits this one best..
yayyyy lol. i got this guide through google so i thought id sign up for the forums. i have problems with photoshop tho...dont even know how to use the brushes or anything. anyway i was doin the tutorial...n i got stuck when trying to erase a picture of beyonce i decided to use. but i got there eventually...n i added the fireworks image to the sig but it completely covered beyonce..so i was wondering how i could blend in beyonce with the background without it covering her. im confused.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard