Drunk_Musketeer
To be honest I don't care anyway..
+57|6738|Great Wall

Fearmesnipers wrote:

Not because its for points but for fun and action. Just because i played alot of karkand you think if i play another map i will forget how to shoot?
Your shooting would be same. You simply wouldn't be able to use your advantage of knowing the map against your enemies. If you were a good sniper you would know that knowing the map is essential for good sniping. But you are not.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6463|meh-land
he's assuming that he knows most of the maps well enough to have it not make much difference.  The only map i really don't know at all is like cleansweep simply because it is never played really...
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6405|Earth
I still think MorbiD is the man.    http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=69240
Signature
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6518|USA
me - i like nyte, however.
remember, the best sniper is a squad sniper.  i am a squad sniper.  a = c.

Last edited by CoronadoSEAL (2007-06-17 11:17:55)

WinterWayfarer
Combat Medic
+21|6252|Spacetime
Jftm
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6500|Valley of the Dragons

Capt.Irviding wrote:

The two best snipers IMO are

http://bf2s.com/player/45360737/

http://bf2s.com/player/45719422/
Lol how can you pick both at the same time? Firestorm doesnt even measure up against Xzulu.

Xzulu has a total of 65.552 kills as a Sniper of which 56.414 kills were made with the Sniper Rifle. Thats 86% of his total Sniper kills.

{TA}FireStorm has a total of 74.189 kills as a Sniper of which 9.034 were made with the Sniper Rifle. Thats only 12% of his total Sniper kills.

Xzulu is a true Sniper, {TA}FireStorm is nothing compared to him.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6585|Seattle
all of them are bad
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6286|eng
Very constructive comment Marinejuana, thanks.
#rekt
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6500|Valley of the Dragons

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

I think he has become milder in his e-pinions
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6659|BC, Canada

Jemme101 wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

I think he has become milder in his e-pinions
he does seem fairly bitter about snipers, funny that a class in a video game influences him that much...
ssonrats
+221|6645
Chikyuu is one of the best, but i have killed him many times, he has also killed me but who cares, it's impossible to find "the best".

Edit: Tahadar is one of the best city snipers imo.

Last edited by ssonrats (2007-06-18 08:14:44)

C0vert_F0x|1.
+5|6354
I dont know who the best sniper(s) are due to teh fact there are diffrent types of snipers.

BarrakudaSSS  is an amazing short - medium range sniper
Drunk_Musketeer is one of the BEST SVD users
dont_be_ss is the greatest long range sniper imo

So there is NO sniper that is the GREATEST. There is always some 1 better at a diffrent type of sniping be it Long Range, CQB , Medium Range sniping. I dont believe theres 1 person who can beat ALL The people who specialize in 1 perticular disipline.
TerrorJan1
+4|6293

C0vert_F0x|1. wrote:

So there is NO sniper that is the GREATEST. There is always some 1 better at a diffrent type of sniping be it Long Range, CQB , Medium Range sniping. I dont believe theres 1 person who can beat ALL The people who specialize in 1 perticular disipline.
yes...thats true

Last edited by TerrorJan1 (2007-06-18 11:51:42)

Smitty5613
+46|6526|Middle of nowhere, California

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

This is one of the most argued about topics in BF2 that i have heard.

Who is the best sniper in BF2? I have heard a few names; Nyte, dont_be_ss, the_black_rat(ss) and Lenguani (or something like that).

Any other names you have heard, or is it one of these lot?
anyone who doesnt whore claymores..
TerrorJan1
+4|6293

Smitty5613 wrote:

mint-sauce-41 wrote:

This is one of the most argued about topics in BF2 that i have heard.

Who is the best sniper in BF2? I have heard a few names; Nyte, dont_be_ss, the_black_rat(ss) and Lenguani (or something like that).

Any other names you have heard, or is it one of these lot?
anyone who doesnt whore claymores..
yes, he^^

http://www.bf2s.com/player/67607673//

Last edited by TerrorJan1 (2007-06-18 11:53:54)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Jemme101 wrote:

Capt.Irviding wrote:

The two best snipers IMO are

http://bf2s.com/player/45360737/

http://bf2s.com/player/45719422/
Lol how can you pick both at the same time? Firestorm doesnt even measure up against Xzulu.

Xzulu has a total of 65.552 kills as a Sniper of which 56.414 kills were made with the Sniper Rifle. Thats 86% of his total Sniper kills.

{TA}FireStorm has a total of 74.189 kills as a Sniper of which 9.034 were made with the Sniper Rifle. Thats only 12% of his total Sniper kills.

Xzulu is a true Sniper, {TA}FireStorm is nothing compared to him.
I've played with xzulu a few times.  Kumusta ka, pare!.  He is a demon with the SVD.  At long range though, I could go toe-to-toe.  xzulu's crazy kill counts per round are about knowing the best places to shoot from and anticipating where most of the enemies would be concentrated, while still minimizing vulnerability.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord
Oh God, far too much ego in this thread.

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

I just go on there sniper accuracy.

The K/D ratio just goes on kills with the kit itself.(I know comes under best sniper but not best shot)
Accuracy doesn't mean much; lots of the players with the very highest accuracy have it because they don't take risky shots, so they're 'padding' their accuracy stat.

KDR for the rifle is deaths holding the rifle. The kit's KDR is all deaths for when that kit is being played, regardless of whether they're in a jet or helo, in an AFV or on foot. So you never go by the kit KDR to judge skill as a sniper.

Jameseyy wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

http://bf2s.com/player/65461187/
Looks to me like he's a beast at whoring claymores.
Not as bad as this guy I linked to in another thread recently: http://bf2s.com/player/67607673/

killer21 wrote:

Best Sniper?  Boy, that is an oxymoron if I have ever heard one...
Hush junior.

CruZ4dR wrote:

Its true
Oh look, a man outstanding in his own mind.

Nyte wrote:

Look at all these posers posting.

I'm the original, they should teach this kind of thing in school.
It's not even remotely interesting now that you've given your secret away dude.

plaid_retina wrote:

Editing can make anyone look good...it doesn't show streaks just their great moments.
Absolutely right. You can make a two-shot kill look like a headshot and lots of other misleading stuff.

TrueArchon wrote:

Stats can give you something of a picture of how good a sniper is, but they still don't give the whole picture.
Dead right.

TrueArchon wrote:

So, I have to ask:

"Is this about who the 'best sniper' is, or is it about the most 'famous/infamous' sniper?"
Exactly. Personally, I think anyone posting his or her own name should immediately be disqualified.

Guys posting a friend's or clanmate's name or stats aren't much better. You're biased, of course you think your buddy is good! You've seen him play loads of times and seen him dominate, right? But what about the games where he sucked ass, just going to ignore those? Have you played with all the rest of the contenders? Have you even played with a handful of them, more than once each? No and no. If you haven't played with a least a representative sample of the other great snipers of a given type then your opinion means nothing because you have no basis for comparison.

**uninhibited** wrote:

clean.sweap
Nah. Good, but even back in my learning days I got him 1-on-1 regularly on TV2 Sharqi servers.

molotov<bf2> wrote:

i've never played against nyte, jemme101 or todd_angelo but you can't fail to be impressed by their videos/knowledge/stats.
Thanks dude.

RuNNer90 wrote:

it wasn't me who made this screenshot. ive seen it at another forum.
btw: i played with him many times and i have to say he is the best ive ever seen
As far as that screenshot goes, he could have had a pet medic on hand the entire round. Maybe three of them.

Score's good, but nothing amazing. Opposition looks like they're mostly nubs.

His team is losing. No way to know if it's no-vehicle mode or normal... if normal he could have been soloing in the helicopter up until his single death.

So doesn't mean anything in isolation.

Sniper-UK-Ghost wrote:

edit: dont judge me on my stats i piss about alot, eg i fly jets and heli when sniper and i randomly shoot with the sniper so my % aint high
Oh it's the old "don't judge me by my stats" excuse

Marinejuana wrote:

all of them are bad
Yes, that's right: all of your posts are bad.

But I exaggerate, just like you're prone to
oChaos.Haze
+90|6438
I randomly saw Todd one night, and I have to say...I have never heard my teamates bitch more about a sniper.  "Aimbot, Tags, Esp".  Bunch of sgt's that can't figure out why they are getting picked off, so they call hax, lamers.  Todd is pretty gangster if you ask me.  Of course I never really notice the snipers, when I hear a sniper bullets whizz past my face, I don't hang around to check it out.  Unless I have the trusty L85A1, haha.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-06-18 13:07:06)

link52787
+29|6521
I've played on a server against Nyte before.

I only snipe nothing else.  I went head to head with him once and he puts me to shame.
RuNNer90
+22|6185|Germany

Todd_Angelo wrote:

RuNNer90 wrote:

it wasn't me who made this screenshot. ive seen it at another forum.
btw: i played with him many times and i have to say he is the best ive ever seen
As far as that screenshot goes, he could have had a pet medic on hand the entire round. Maybe three of them.

Score's good, but nothing amazing. Opposition looks like they're mostly nubs.

His team is losing. No way to know if it's no-vehicle mode or normal... if normal he could have been soloing in the helicopter up until his single death.

So doesn't mean anything in isolation.
1: he's my best friend.. and trust me, i know he's only playing with the sniper rifle!!! (#18 in the world )
2: it was an inf only server
3: you will never get such a K/D..

but... think what you want to think!
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6527|So Cal
I hope none of you fags use this as a pick up line...

"hey baby, i'm one of the top BF2 snipers around!"

ftl
link52787
+29|6521

Tripp wrote:

ftl
............................................... lame
nexONE
+0|6201
dont_be_ss' is f*kkin sick at long range. the wookies cover als kinds of snipers quite well...
most entertaining n good mid n CQB sniper should be nyte. ya'll hate him and thats good
i like his appearance in that scene
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6527|So Cal

link52787 wrote:

Tripp wrote:

ftl
it would be extremely lame...
Fearmesnipers
+41|6445|Wales

Tripp wrote:

link52787 wrote:

Tripp wrote:

ftl
it would be extremely lame...
think he was referencing to your "lame" joke.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard