Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6704
Im not sure if this is a known problem, but i noticed that switching to a pistol while walking is not possible. You can switch to every other weapon, but why not pistol.

Last edited by Rofl_My_Waffle (2006-01-26 21:48:51)

s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6759|Somewhere in NYC
maybe your pistol select button was unbound?
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6860|San Francisco

I am fairly certain that this is a limitation with your keyboard as the 'w' key (which I assume you are using for your walk forward button) is on the same column as your '2' key (which I assume you are using to try and switch to your pistol...) If you are using different keys, please let us know what they are, but for me using the 't' key for forward and '2' for pistol it switches just fine, then again I have a rather nice keyboard which won't give me phantom keys after only two presses on a row...

Try this, create a new text document and hold down the 'w' key (or whatever you are using for forward) and then press '2' (or whatever you are using to switch to pistol) and see if your keyboard reports the press of '2.'

So, to sum this all up, it sounds like you need a new keyboard but I am making a lot of assumptions about your key configuration. Please let us know what keys you are using and how the test goes.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6704
thnx for the help, it appears that my key config was the problem, but i dont know what is limiting me from pressing "w" and "2" simutaneously.
ninja6o4
+3|6734
waffle, keyboards have limitations as to what keys can be pressed at once and still register.  This was very apparent in the old days, but I'm not sure now with the advent of USB keyboards and such.  i had a keyboard once that would let me his the left arrow, space and C at the same time.  this led to .. problems

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard