Mennechet
+1|6165|In front of my PC...
Hi guys,

well, I usually lag for about 5-6 minutes when I join a server...I don't think it's my computer configuration ( 3700+, ATI 1900 GT 256 Mb, 1024 DDR, S-ATA 7200 rpm ) or my internet connection ( 24 Mb whopdeedoo ) who does this...I also shut down all those useless programs, like iTunes, msn and stuffs who really f**k up the available memory. But whatever I do, I always lag, and I get killed several times without even giving payback...

Do you know HOW to solve this stupid thing please?
$niperkiller
+4|6439|NH
what settings r u running BF2 on?
JoshCooper
+20|6336|Stoke
i dont no how but i no that lots of people get this problem i think ud just have to get a better internet speed
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6454|Chicago, IL

Mennechet wrote:

Hi guys,

well, I usually lag for about 5-6 minutes when I join a server...I don't think it's my computer configuration ( 3700+, ATI 1900 GT 256 Mb, 1024 DDR, S-ATA 7200 rpm ) or my internet connection ( 24 Mb whopdeedoo ) who does this...I also shut down all those useless programs, like iTunes, msn and stuffs who really f**k up the available memory. But whatever I do, I always lag, and I get killed several times without even giving payback...

Do you know HOW to solve this stupid thing please?
Lower your graphics settings, that way your computer wont take so long to render the map and everything on it.
Mennechet
Well, I am playing in full high, EXCEPT dynamic light and shadows..I've also tried playing in medium quality, but the problem is still here, so I went back into high mode ^^
Mennechet
Do you think that the numbers of players on the map is the reason?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6454|Chicago, IL

Mennechet wrote:

Well, I am playing in full high, EXCEPT dynamic light and shadows..I've also tried playing in medium quality, but the problem is still here, so I went back into high mode ^^
Go to low, and see if it works better, then work your way up to a level your computer can handle.

Believe it or not, high quality terrain puts a tremendous strain on your computer, I have to keep it on low, but I can max lighting and shadows.

Also, if you have Anti-aliasing on, turn it off.
weasel_thingo
+74|6333
i usually lag for about 30 seconds at the most, and usually by then my shit dlink modem makes me lose connection (YAY go dlink)
um I'm not sure what makes it lag for me (Internet or computer) but try lowering your graphics.
Mennechet
OK guys, thanks for the help, I'll try this evening ( hopping those stats will be updating )
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6359|uk

Mennechet wrote:

Do you think that the numbers of players on the map is the reason?
no.

Lower your video settings.

I lag for 3-4 seconds.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6842|Kubra, Damn it!

It's your RAM since you only have 1GB. Add another 1GB if you can. If not, lower your video settings as the others have said. There's a good guide here that will tell you which ones are important and which aren't.
tupla_s
+455|6599|Finland
What kind of hard drive you have? I'm getting a small lag always at the start for couple mins and I know it's my hard drive 'cos it's screaming like a mad man when it's lagging . Probably should buy a new one
Mennechet
Well, my hard drive is a 320 Go MAXTOR S-ATA , it's speed is 7200 rpm, but it doesn't scream at all... Yeah, I think I should try to improve my RAM ,  1 Go doesn't seem enough...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard